Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

??Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU??

Started by TCBNAFLASH, September 27, 2006, 02:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TCBNAFLASH

Who do we have the best chance of beating, I for one think we can at least beat one of these, I think Tenn is our best shot...

hogsanity

Quote from: TCBNAFLASH on September 27, 2006, 02:11:16 pm
Who do we have the best chance of beating, I for one think we can at least beat one of these, I think Tenn is our best shot...

Tn and LSU. 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

demonHOG1013

I would say TN depending on which TN team shows up.  If its the team that played CAL we might be in trouble.

artyhog

Lando Calrissian

Tenn and LSU.

I file Auburn (unfortunately) under the USC (Trojans) category, although I'm all for beating them by any means necessary & you won't hear me complain a peep if we do so.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogHillbilly

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

GuvHog

I think Tennessee, although I wouldn't count the Hogs out against LSU
since it's in WMS (Little Rock).
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

kitshicker

hogfandeet

Tenn all the way.  However, if our defense improves by the end of the season like it did last year, I like our chances of an upset over LSU in LR.

hogfan47

Tenn and LSU ..
LSU because it is the last game of the year and i feel Gus will have the O cooking and Mitch will have a year under he's belt
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Junkyard Hog

HamShank

Tennessee.  We generally play really well against them no matter what kind of team they have.  But then if we beat Tennessee, I think it increases our chances of beating LSU a LOT.

HogHeathen

Heck, I'm an optimist these days.  All fricken three!

Mike Shelton

OnYourToes

Would you say that our season comes down to these 3?
Nutts future?

I say our best chance of a win is with Tenn.  Followed closely by LSU.
The rock, last regular season game, the boot, our new O, we'll give them all they want.
Our worst chance being next Saturday.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Jim Harris

all of them. We're winning them all. DUring this off week, the Hog players are going to grasp the offense like never before, and the defense is going to come together like never before, and Arkansas is coming out of this open week a juggernaut the likes of which have never been seen by the SEC. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

pork-e-pine

i would say nutt can lose all three and still be here.  His future comes down to 2 mississippi schools, 2 gimmies and South carolina.  And i am not sure he has to beat SC to stay.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

TCBNAFLASH

no way!, a team with this much talent has to beat South Caro or Nutt is gone! Even ol' Frank knows this IMO

hogsNbeer

Personally, I don't think he can win all the 3..... I think he loses all of them........ He's on CRUISE now, he got his 2 wins in the SEC that will almost assure his lower tier bowl birth, where he can once again hail that he's in a bowl......... :puke:

I say we go 0-3 against Auburn, LSU, and the Vols...

kitshicker

Quote from: pork-e-pine on September 27, 2006, 03:18:21 pm
i would say nutt can lose all three and still be here.  His future comes down to 2 mississippi schools, 2 gimmies and South carolina.  And i am not sure he has to beat SC to stay.
That would leave us 8-4, or 7-5 with a loss to SC, We would, at the least, have to go 8-4 with the talent that we have....jmo

riccoar

September 27, 2006, 03:29:53 pm #20 Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:40:25 pm by riccoar
IMHO Nutt would have to beat one of the three (Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU) and beat South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Miss. St. to stay.  That is what nearly everyone predicted and even the CBS commentator stated that Nutt himself said if we beat Alabama, he felt we could go 9-3.

9-3 or 8-4 may sound good, but the turmoil among coaches will also play a factor with JFB at the end of the season and any decision he makes.

Tusks

I think the Hogs gather moral victories in all three games.  It's not about what happens on the scoreboard its about so much more than that.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

OnYourToes

Quote from: slap me on September 27, 2006, 03:17:49 pm

all of them. We're winning them all. DUring this off week, the Hog players are going to grasp the offense like never before, and the defense is going to come together like never before, and Arkansas is coming out of this open week a juggernaut the likes of which have never been seen by the SEC. ;D

I think your rose colored glasses were broken
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

GuvHog

Quote from: riccoar on September 27, 2006, 03:29:53 pm
IMHO Nutt would have to beat one of the three (Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU) and beat South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Miss. St. to stay.  That is what nearly everyone predicited and even the CBS commentator stated that Nutt himself said if we beat Alabama, he felt we could go 9-3.

9-3 or 8-4 may sound good, but the turmoil among coaches will also play a factor with JFB at the end of the season and any decision he makes.

I believe the commentator left out 2 words
I believe HDN said he felt we could go AT LEAST 9-3.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

riccoar

Look I'd love to see us run the table.  But defense has got to get its crap together and Nutt needs to take Markuson's headset away.  What's the possibility of the latter happening?

OnYourToes

Marky seems like a guy who you could just cut the cord to his head set and he would talk to himself.
Anyone got scissors?
Problems solved

You sir are a genius!

arkjay19

While I would love for the Razorbacks to get a great upset over one of the top 5 teams in the nation, we don't need to beat them to hurt their NC run.  There is a great chance that there will be 4 or 5 teams go undefeated this year.  For some reason, nobody outside of the SEC respects the SEC.  If we win, Auburn could still win the rest of their games and be in the top 5.  But if the Hogs give them a great game and lose by less than two touchdowns, then Auburn is screwed no matter what.  USC, Ohio State, and West Virginia get more respect than Auburn and voters are just looking for a reason to have WV jump over Auburn.  And if the rankings were to stay the same way the rest of the season, then with USC whooping us AGAIN and playing Auburn tough, Auburn gets hurt again.  The only way that Auburn benefits next weekend in regards to their NC hopes is to just beat the livin crap out of the Nutt led Razorbacks.

cubbie

Who cares about there Nation Championship aspirations, we should want to win every game.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

losthawg68

Auburn won't be in the NC game no matter what.  Like you said, they will not get enough respect for the simple fact that the mid-west and the east coast is jealous of the SEC.  ARK 24 - AUB 17 (no I'm not on crack, I've got a great feeling for the upset)
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

TCBNAFLASH

better chance in getting Burns and Zeimba if we beat Auburn or play a good game

arkjay19

best chance of beating Tennessee, good chance of beating LSU because of the usual intensity of that game, and a decent shot at beating Auburn because face it, this is the SEC, and unless you're Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, or Mississippi State, you have a great chance of beating someone ranked higher than you.

Doug

Statistically speaking?  Go by the numbers in my sig.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

lucky_lindy

September 27, 2006, 05:45:48 pm #32 Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 06:13:39 pm by Douglas
Quote from: TCBNAFLASH on September 27, 2006, 02:11:16 pmWho do we have the best chance of beating, I for one think we can at least beat one of these, I think Tenn is our best shot...
What koolaid are you drinking?

Quote from: arkhog9 on September 27, 2006, 05:26:15 pmbest chance of beating Tennessee, good chance of beating LSU because of the usual intensity of that game, and a decent shot at beating Auburn because face it, this is the SEC, and unless you're Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, or Mississippi State, you have a great chance of beating someone ranked higher than you.
You must be drinking some real Red Koolaid and it's spiked with something.

Quote from: losthawg68 on September 27, 2006, 05:10:54 pmAuburn won't be in the NC game no matter what.  Like you said, they will not get enough respect for the simple fact that the mid-west and the east coast is jealous of the SEC.  ARK 24 - AUB 17 (no I'm not on crack, I've got a great feeling for the upset)
What are they jealous of? They've got their powers that have proven themselves on the field.  What are they jealous of?

Quote from: cubbie on September 27, 2006, 05:04:07 pmWho cares about there Nation Championship aspirations, we should want to win every game.
Who cares?  Isn't it about money at major Univesities? I think a National Championship will make you some.  You think?

Quote from: TCBNAFLASH on September 27, 2006, 02:11:16 pmWho do we have the best chance of beating, I for one think we can at least beat one of these, I think Tenn is our best shot...
A little too much moonshine, Jethro.

lucky lindy

Sao Ming

Harvest Moon + Hogs = Lead pipe cinch against Auburn.  Duh.   ;)

hog caller

lets start with Auburn. go Hogs
we need to start somewhere.
this would be a good time.

lilredheadedlady

I want some of whatever it is that you're drinking?

I'm going to go with Tennessee.  They look the softest.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Joe-T

TN. can THROW the ball so that leaves them out. I'm saying LSWHO. No wait they can throw. Not sure that we can win any of the Big 3 but we can at least finish 3rd in the West because of our victory over bama.
Coach NUTT I love you man !!!!

Biggus Piggus

Let's see how many players survive to November before we go talking about Tennessee and LSU.  You guys have got to get it through your heads that we don't have the depth to be talking about anything with certainty.  Playing young players means more injuries.  It always does.  We're already on Plan C for linebackers.  Bama exposed our secondary for the better-prepared world to see.  Hold on to your horses.  Maintain modesty and own up to the hill in front of us.  If Mustain's losing his mechanics due to fatigue four games in, what's he going to be like by Thanksgiving?
[CENSORED]!

Dugann

Tennessee cause it's a home game and don't think they are on the level of Auburn and LSU this year.  Two words for the other Little Rock!  We have a great record at little rock and besides that I hope/think that by the LSU game we got it going and the new offense rolling.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Brand X Hog Fan

I think we will beat LSU, for reasons previously mentioned by another poster. I hope we win all three . . . heck, I hope we win out!!!!!

Pork, do you really think Nutt will stay next year, if given the opportunity and if he does not AT LEAST win the division? I think the pressure will be too much for him and he will look elsewhere.

GO HOGS!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Hong Kong Sooey

I think Coach Nutt will cook up something specail for all three, especaily those rednecks from Tenessee and We will beat LSU in War Memorial and Aburun is going down Saturday in Tuskaloosa.  Coach Nutt is a grate Coach who is head and tails above other Coaches like Tom T Hall in Aubrun and Dr Fill in Tenessee although I kinda like that Miles Davis at Lsu because he reminds me of a Young Coach Nutt. And Coach Markerser is the best by far on the Offensive linemen.

jamie72921

We should be in the top 25 for shur after we beat all them. Maybe even a BCS bowl game. Go Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bless your heart

Bill CHILL

We can take Tennessee with a great effort, but Auburn and LSU are going to #### us into submission unless our players take off their highschool jerseys and know their assignments. We must have a team that plays as a complete unit and not this "the D line is great, the Linebackers are good, but our secondary sucks" business. No more of this "our running backs are great, the receivers are okay, but our O line has more holes than a sponge" stuff. I'm ready for a solid game from the whole crew and I'm tired of waiting. Bama was not that good of a team. We're nowhere near an Auburn or USC right now.
You're born an original, so why die a copy?

Bill CHILL

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 27, 2006, 08:49:05 pm
I think Coach Nutt will cook up something specail for all three, especaily those rednecks from Tenessee and We will beat LSU in War Memorial and Aburun is going down Saturday in Tuskaloosa.  Coach Nutt is a grate Coach who is head and tails above other Coaches like Tom T Hall in Aubrun and Dr Fill in Tenessee although I kinda like that Miles Davis at Lsu because he reminds me of a Young Coach Nutt. And Coach Markerser is the best by far on the Offensive linemen.

Auburn doesn't play in Tuscaloosa...Alabama plays in Tuscaloosa.
You're born an original, so why die a copy?

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Bill CHILL on September 27, 2006, 09:52:11 pm
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 27, 2006, 08:49:05 pm

Auburn doesn't play in Tuscaloosa...Alabama plays in Tuscaloosa.

Does Auburn play Bama this weekend? if so, GO BAMA! ROLL TIDE! Big ol' Bama boys gonna get it done, and all that jazz.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Doug

Uhh, no.  Auburn plays South Carolina tomorrow night.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

A_True_Hog_Jedi

Auburn, is our best shot. We will be fresh coming off the bye week and we have two weeks to prepare. Also I have watched them play a couple times this year and they really don't look that good. We need to use the same defensive game plan we used on Alabama and make Cox beat us with his arm. I saw MSU line 7-8 guys up in the box and they stopped Kenny Irons cold, however they couldn't capitalize on the offensive side of the ball(because they are MSU!) and the bulldog DB,s dropped 4 interceptions that were right in their hands! They Lost 34-0, but it was probably the closest 34-0 game I have ever seen!

pork-e-pine

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on September 27, 2006, 08:36:29 pm

I think we will beat LSU, for reasons previously mentioned by another poster. I hope we win all three . . . heck, I hope we win out!!!!!

Pork, do you really think Nutt will stay next year, if given the opportunity and if he does not AT LEAST win the division? I think the pressure will be too much for him and he will look elsewhere.

GO HOGS!

Seahawk
No, I would think and hope (for his own sake) nutt would leave if he attains 8-4  But i think that with the talent we have, the powers that be would give him another year if he just wins the games that he should win.  I see the point in saying they would fire him if he finishes 7-5 with no big victories (besides Bama).  But I think our administration has shown that they want nutt and will keep him if he shows any hope.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.