Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can we realistically beat Auburn?

Started by hogken, September 26, 2006, 01:33:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TechHawg

Is it probable? No.

Is it possible?  Not only yes, but heck yes!

I'm tired of people saying we don't stand a chance. I'm watching them play South Carolina right now, and I am impressed with both teams. We will have to change some things to beat them.  Such as incorporating the tight ends and short passes over the middle. But we can beat them.

missippihog

Quote from: PJA on September 28, 2006, 09:09:07 pm
Quote from: mayorhog on September 26, 2006, 01:47:28 pm
I say   NO

and lets not talk about the kicker,   heard he tried to commit suicide by hanging and failed.......

He couldnt kick the chair out from under him.

thats funny i dont care who you are.....
but probably get in trouble for it..  sorry mod people  could help it

Why do so many people get worked up over this joke? Its just a joke and isnt suppose to be taken seriously.  I think a sense of humor can easily see through this and take it for what it is, just a joke.   Yes people do kill themsleves and yes blondes can sometimes be dingy and Helen Keller was blind and the damn Irish do drink a lot.  Come on people lighten up a little and dont take everything so damn personal.  If you dont think its funny then dont laugh and those of us that do, let us please have a laugh.

I am not offended and know it is a joke but it is a classless joke. There are many more funny things to say without being classless. Imagine if you had a loved one hang him or herself. You wouldn't think it was funny either. Find another way to be funny.

sowmonella

Yes we can. AU is not overly impressive.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

WoooPigSooie

Yes we can beat them.  Likely?  No.

As much as I love my hogs though its also possible that after they beat a #2 ranked Auburn they'll play 8 overtimes with Miss St and win by a FG, or loose by 21 to SC...and what do I attribute that inconsistent play too?  Lack of depth?  Nope.  Less talent?  Nu-uh.  I will tell you my friends-poor decisions by our HC.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

missippihog

They play like they are tonight and it will be a close one.

Root Hog

Can we realistically beat South Carolina?   That's a more 'realistic' question.

missippihog

HOGLIGULA

The answer is no, Auburn limped through this outing against SC, but  home at Jordan-Hare  they will pick apart our poor secondary and rush all over our frontline.  After the close one against Sc, Auburn will be looking for some payback and some more BCS points so expect a Plains whipping.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

sowmonella

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on September 28, 2006, 09:57:55 pm
The answer is no, Auburn limped through this outing against SC, but  home at Jordan-Hare  they will pick apart our poor secondary and rush all over our frontline.  After the close one against Sc, Auburn will be looking for some payback and some more BCS points so expect a Plains whipping.

Don't you think they were trying to pick apart SC's secondary and run all over their frontline? You can also bet they were going for style points tonite on ESPN. They just don't look like a #2 team.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

barbourman2

hardcorehogfan

to beat auburn, we will have to play our best w/o any turnovers.  i agree with MM, we have not seen this team put together a good game yet.  if they do then yes they will beat auburn.  do i think that we will do that.  no, because they have not giving me a reason to believe.  if they win this weekend, then i will be a believer.  i am driving to the game this weekend, so i would love for them to pull it off, but i have to be realistic.

camden5r

Remeber the TEXAS Game when nobody said we could win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

SteelShot

Until we start recruiting quality d linemen who can pressure the QB with rushing 4, take up the o-linemen so that the LBs can make plays, and not get consistently blown off the ball, we will have to blitz and brings that safeties up to get pressure on the QB and stop the run. 

Blitzing will leave our CBs on islands and therefore our D will get burned alot down field. 

It all boils back down to recruiting better on the D-Line. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

oldfart

You know that Auburn and Tuberville are gonna do their best to annihilate us... if they want to keep up their chance to be in the BCS championship.  They are gonna pull no punches to beat us as bad or worse than USC did.  They dont want another repeat of being 3rd in the BCS poll....  hope the Hogs do well but Auburn is gonna be out for blood especially after their close win over South Carolina....

excoach

We might have a chance if we came out running the Hurryup No Huddle. If we use the hybrid offense were dead meat.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: mayorhog on September 26, 2006, 01:47:28 pm
I say   NO

and lets not talk about the kicker,   heard he tried to commit suicide by hanging and failed.......

He couldnt kick the chair out from under him.

thats funny i dont care who you are.....
but probably get in trouble for it..  sorry mod people  could help it
Man, I hope that this is the last time that I have to hear this joke.  After hearing it 50 or 60 times, I have lost the humor in it.

PulledPork

Quote from: Hoggimistic on September 26, 2006, 03:46:02 pm
Quote from: lucky_lindy on September 26, 2006, 03:40:57 pm
Quote from: hiphiphoorayhog on September 26, 2006, 03:39:11 pm
we can beat these guy's --- We just have to hope their kicker is having a bad day
You can't be serious?  Not everyone in college football has a bad kicker.
Once again, don't underestimate the value of the kicker.  He's the most underrated player on the field and who might be the most overrated?  The QB.
lucky lindy

Is that you Wally? Dana?  

QB most overrated??

Sure he's only the guy who is guaranteed to touch the ball EVERY play.

Wow, I've heard it all now. 

wow, is that true....I didn't know the qb was involved in the punting, kick off and receiving team....not to mention the defensive side!

Pulled out...®

PulledPork

two factors must happen for us to win....

1. Is  Nuttster® going to be there?

2. Does anyone have the password to TT laptop?

If yes is answered to #1, then no!
If yes is answererd to #2, then yes!

If no is answered to #1, then yes!
If no is answered to #2, then no!

Fuzzy math at it's best!!

Pulled out...®

gatecrasher

Quote from: blunthog on October 03, 2006, 12:13:11 pm
Remeber the TEXAS Game when nobody said we could win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
This is a much better team than that Texass team too!!

GTOWNHOG

Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

hogken

Auburn didnt look so Great on Thursday! i mean theyre good but not unbeatable , even for these Hogs!
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

PHill94

Man I hope are team doesn't doesn't share  the same feeling as our fans about the game or we will get blown away.

mightybulldogs12

Yes we can beat Auburn.  We must stop Irons at all cost.  I don't think cox can beat us deep on a regular basis.  Again here comes the ball control every one hates.  I think Peyton is going to have a very big game.  He is do one.  Go Hogs Go. 

Hawgz4Life

I think that on any given Saturday, anything is possible......Not PROBABLE, mind you...but possible.

hawaiianhogster

Touchdowns will beat up and wear down a defense quicker than TOP. USC did it to us. Why don't we do it to Auburn? I know we aren't the same caliber as USC but WTH do we have to lose? HUNH will help us do it. Our defense will tire before Auburn's defense will. It won't matter what we do if we play TOP.

Just because SC played Auburn well doesn't mean we can. Look who the coaches are. Spurrior could coach any Mississippi team and Vanderbilt to a closer game with Auburn than Nutt can with us. If we play Auburn close it'll be because our boy's game is on. We're due for a complete game. Hope we find it at Auburn.

Anson Marlow

Quote from: Hoggimistic on September 26, 2006, 01:39:39 pm
Is Auburn better than us on paper?  Should they win.....?

Well, the answer is yes.  However, we're talking about kids here......and with kids, you never know what you're going to get.

That's why I love college football.  Upsets happen every week.

I understand some people being pessimistic, but what's the fun in that?

I'm going at it like we have a shot to win......because we do. 

Kick'em in the head all the cool kids are doing it.
/list]

artyhog

pigfoot

We're playing one of the top two or three teams in the country at their place.  That's not a good sign.  We have an offense that has not been in sync yet this year.  That's not a good sign.  We have an inexperienced quarterback.  That's not a good sign.  We have little or no defensive depth.  That's not a good sign.  I'd say the odds are heavily stacked against us.  But, like Yogi said, "the game ain't over 'til it's over."
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

GuvHog

Quote from: pigfoot on October 04, 2006, 09:13:02 am
We're playing one of the top two or three teams in the country at their place.  That's not a good sign.  We have an offense that has not been in sync yet this year.  That's not a good sign.  We have an inexperienced quarterback.  That's not a good sign.  We have little or no defensive depth.  That's not a good sign.  I'd say the odds are heavily stacked against us.  But, like Yogi said, "the game ain't over 'til it's over."

If Auburn is truely the #2 team in the nation then that means college football is having a
down year nationwide. Auburn is no where near as good as the Auburn team that went
undefeated and was left out of the NCAA championship game a few years ago.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsNbeer

Quote from: GUVHOG on October 04, 2006, 10:09:26 am

If Auburn is truely the #2 team in the nation then that means college football is having a
down year nationwide. Auburn is no where near as good as the Auburn team that went

The fact that Tubberville has them back in the national title hunt just 2 years from losing all those players is a testament to him, wouldnt' you say.....?        I dont' think college football is down..... I think there are more and more good teams out there.....

barbqueHog

If monkeys could realistically fly out of my butt then AR has a realistic chance of winning.  Who knows.... I heard a squawk earlier. (probably not a monkey though so NO)

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsNbeer on October 04, 2006, 10:15:21 am

The fact that Tubberville has them back in the national title hunt just 2 years from losing all those players is a testament to him, wouldnt' you say.....?        I dont' think college football is down..... I think there are more and more good teams out there.....

If you're trying to say this Auburn team is as good as TT's previous undefeated Auburn
team that bird just won't fly. This Auburn team couldn't come close to that one. It would definitly be a major league blow out.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Wolfhound05

Arkansas beats Auburn by 10.  Write it down boys...

hogsNbeer

Quote from: GUVHOG on October 04, 2006, 10:24:47 am
Quote from: hogsNbeer on October 04, 2006, 10:15:21 am

If you're trying to say this Auburn team is as good as TT's previous undefeated Auburn
team that bird just won't fly. This Auburn team couldn't come close to that one. It would definitly be a major league blow out.

You missed the point...I'm not comparing the 2 teams........  Just saying that Tubberville is a heck of a football coach to have them up there in just 2 years after that '04 team.......

hogsNbeer

scorhog

October 04, 2006, 01:34:32 pm #135 Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 02:04:44 pm by scorhog
Interesting article about the upcoming game.  We just need to have a flawless game, control the ball on offense and get a few turnovers on defense.
The luck in the last two games has been unbelievable.  I don't remember a luckier hog squad.  It would be nice to see us put everything together come Saturday.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/573823.html
A bottle in front of me is cheaper than a frontal lobotomy.

NEAHawgfan

I doubt it, but there's always that slim chance. I just hope we can keep it respectable enough to learn something about our team the future.