Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Top 25 Team Would The Hogs Beat

Started by Adrenaline_Junkie, September 20, 2006, 07:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Prozac

We would beat them all with our superior defensive depth. USC is overrated.

Adrenaline_Junkie

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Adrenaline_Junkie on September 21, 2006, 01:42:25 am
Mr. Prozac

explain your signiture

I had actually convinced myself that we would play with USC. As I sat with my laptop lurking on Hogville and feeling down about the whipping we had received and the number of mistakes that led up to it, I decided to register and join in the group misery. I couldn't think of a good "name", I was down at the moment, made a joke about needing Prozac, thought it fit, and went from there. Given the mood of the board for the next two weeks, I think it probably would have fit for some others as well...Good news is that the "Prozac" must be kickin' in because I feel better this week. I hope it lasts.

razorbackkid

As much as I love beating Texas...I'd have to say Florida State.  I live about 50 miles from Tallahassee and get all the local news.  They shouldn't even be ranked in the top 50.

BTW, Bamer ain't in the top 25...wonder who they could beat?

Go Hogs!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Adrenaline_Junkie

Quote from: razorbackid on September 21, 2006, 02:14:17 am
As much as I love beating Texas...I'd have to say Florida State.  I live about 50 miles from Tallahassee and get all the local news.  They shouldn't even be ranked in the top 50.

BTW, Bamer ain't in the top 25...wonder who they could beat?

Go Hogs!

Don't tread too much on Florida St. Bowden will get a minimum 9 wins from this group and their defense is really good.........not to mention they have the best hands down DC in the country in Mickey Andrews.

But you might have missed what I said, Bamar was just outside the top 25 with 94 votes and Arkansas had 2.

subliznime

Ok the two that really stand out to me, how about boise state and BC.... duh

hogfan064

Anyone who doesn't think we'd whip up on Boise doesn't pay enough attention to CFB.  Everytime Boise plays a BCS school that isn't Oregon State it gets beat.  The past 3 games against SEC schools they were killed. 

hoggystyle78

pork-e-pine

how do we feel about TCU now?  they took a whoopin from BYU go mormons.  Anybody still think that the Hogs couldn't beet TCU....Aybody....anybody?
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: werehog on September 20, 2006, 11:36:12 pm
You're going to see the overrated Domers take a big drop after Michigan State puts a whipping on them in East Lansing.

Do you digress now?

That was one heckuva comeback/collapse, depending upon how you look at it.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

PORKED

everyone on there except for USC and OSU, I strongly feel we would beat WVU, I cant believe they are ranked so high, what is scary is that they have such a weak schedule that they will coast right on through to a possible undefeated season.
Are you tryin to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball??

HOGLIGULA

If we could beat someone in the top 25 then we might crack the top 25, but the fact remains we have not beat a ranked opponent since 2003 vs Texas and still had a guy named Jones, so we have to beat someone to be in the top 25
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

pork-e-pine

Quote from: Root Hog on September 20, 2006, 10:53:28 pm
Its pointless.  If you can't see that TCU is a far better team than Arkansas this year, put down the glass and step away from the Koolaid.
I agree that TCU plays in a weak conference and that the Hogs play in the strongest conference.  So? 

Really I just brough this up to hear from this guy.

Root, root,  where are you?

Is it still pointless to talk to people who think we could beat TCU? 

Am I still a koolaid drinker? 

Root, where are you?
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

hogsanity

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on September 29, 2006, 12:51:42 pm
If we could beat someone in the top 25 then we might crack the top 25, but the fact remains we have not beat a ranked opponent since 2003 vs Texas and still had a guy named Jones, so we have to beat someone to be in the top 25

I guess the coaches poll does not matter?  Bama was ranked 22
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood_HOGan

Dont know about any of the other teams but we would for sure beat Texas Tech and Missouri.

pork-e-pine

Quote from: pork-e-pine on September 29, 2006, 12:56:30 pm
Its pointless.  If you can't see that TCU is a far better team than Arkansas this year, put down the glass and step away from the Koolaid.
I agree that TCU plays in a weak conference and that the Hogs play in the strongest conference.  So? 

Root, where are you?

come on root hog, where are you?

I need to hear again about the dominant TCU program with their superior talent.

I am afraid that you are afraid.  Oh well I suppose if you wont own up to your posts i will just have to drop it.  At least feeling completely vindicated.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

jared72404

As far as im concerned we just beat a ranked team. #22 in the coaches poll

PORKED

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on September 29, 2006, 01:02:09 pm
Dont know about any of the other teams but we would for sure beat Texas Tech and Missouri.

Thats what I thought too
Are you tryin to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball??

ICEman

Boise State, TCU, Oregon and California (et. al.)
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

RedSatinHog

Louisville would flatten us before the first half was over with.  Don't let them fool you.  They are a GREAT team this season.  Same with Florida, Michigan and VA Tech.

LSU, Tennessee?  Time will tell.

If ever there was a year over the past 20 when we could stay on the field with FSU, this would be it.  They are down this year.

Penn State and Boise State make up the rest of my beatable list.  The rest I just don't know if we could beat.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

PAHog

Beat for sure, none.  Probably beat: TN, TCU, OU, Cal, Nebraska, Boise St.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

hogsanity

Quote from: pork-e-pine on September 29, 2006, 01:13:37 pm
Quote from: pork-e-pine on September 29, 2006, 12:56:30 pm

Root, where are you?

come on root hog, where are you?

I need to hear again about the dominant TCU program with their superior talent.

I am afraid that you are afraid.  Oh well I suppose if you wont own up to your posts i will just have to drop it.  At least feeling completely vindicated.

I tried to start a thread this morning asking where all the love for the fraud team in a pansy conference was, but it was deleted.  TCU is the typical team that everyone thinks will be the one to mess up the BCS, and then they show they area wannabe.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

demonHOG1013

we could be TCU, they lost last night to BYU so they probably wont be ranked anymore though

Biggus Piggus

Sorry, but Auburn has not played up to a No.2 ranking.  Georgia and LSU have a lot to prove to stay in the top 10.  We have a lot of half-baked teams in the SEC this season.
[CENSORED]!

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 29, 2006, 03:56:33 pm
Sorry, but Auburn has not played up to a No.2 ranking.  Georgia and LSU have a lot to prove to stay in the top 10.  We have a lot of half-baked teams in the SEC this season.

Agreed, but every team I've seen play so far has looked mortal. Doesn't seem to me that anyone has really seperated themselves from the best 8-10 teams. Looks like lots of "raw bicuits" around the nation. OSU and USC have looked good, but not unbeatable against another good team.

gopigsgo

kitshicker

It really depends on their kicker.......

Chief Mac

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 29, 2006, 03:56:33 pm

UGA is having similar problems on offense as we are.  Frosh QB's show glimpse of brilliance followed by knucklehead plays (sound familiar?)  Unlike us, their running game is chaotic.  Richt buys into the RB by committee TOO much.  Saturday night was the first time that he used the ole Nuttism of going with the "hot hand" at RB and Lumpkin produced.  Richt has gotten more and more conservative in his play calling every year.  In his defense, his WR play has been VERY erratic save the TE.  On defense this year, UGA has the potential to be devestatingly good, but they have stretches of complacency that run you bonkers (Colorado and Ole Piss games for instance).

If Richt gets his running game going, it will benefit Stafford (or Cox/Tereshinski) greatly.  The defense just needs to respect every opponent, which they did not do vs Colorado or Ole Piss.  They should win between 9 and 11 games this year and if the QB position stabilizes, they could win the SEC.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Break & Run

Quote from: HatfieldHog on September 20, 2006, 08:35:26 pm
I'll answer your question if you rephrase it to say, "which top 50 team would we beat."

See ya
Quote from: goallthewayua on September 20, 2006, 08:33:25 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on September 20, 2006, 08:29:01 pm
boise state, arizona state, TCU, Clemson. just my opinion.

No man, I think Clemson and Arizona State would crush us, but I'll agree with TCU and Boise

Man, you're nuts if you think that Clemson would pound the Hogs.  Listen hear, i was listening to ESPN Radio with Freddie Coleman (the College Football Scoreboard Host) and he said that if Arkansas was in the ACC this year, Arkansas would win the ACC Championship AND go to a MAJOR BCS Bowl.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

pork-e-pine

Root hog,
Now that TCU has lost again to a team from Utah...is it still pointless to talk to people who think we could beat them? 

I can't really go into the win against auburnt but TCU has now shown its colors.

Will you now man up and retract your statement.  I mean you said it was pointless to talk to people who think we could beat tcu.  Do we have more respect from you now?

That is all
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

pork-e-pine

In case you forgot
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;