Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Top 25 Team Would The Hogs Beat

Started by Adrenaline_Junkie, September 20, 2006, 07:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrenaline_Junkie

These are the AP Poll Week 3 Top 25 poll...........the number to votes each team has recieved is shown. Note: Alabama is just left out of the Top 25 with 94 votes while Arkansas has recieved 2.

1. Ohio State (59) 3-0 1,617
2. Auburn (2) 3-0 1,507
3. USC (2) 2-0 1,494
4. West Virginia (2) 3-0 1,419
5. Florida 3-0 1,354
6. Michigan 3-0 1,301
7. Texas 2-1 1,179
8. Louisville 3-0 1,127
9. Georgia 3-0 1,104
10. LSU 2-1 1,085
11. Virginia Tech 3-0 934
12. Notre Dame 2-1 902
13. Oregon 3-0 837
14. Iowa 3-0 833
15. Tennessee 2-1 583
16. TCU 3-0 530
17. Oklahoma 2-1 513
18. Florida State 2-1 456
19. Clemson 2-1 407
20. Boston College 3-0 393
21. California 2-1 386
22. Arizona State 3-0 384
23. Nebraska 2-1 160
24. Penn State 2-1 143
25. Boise State 3-0 109

clemensrules01

we would kill southern cal because the pac 10 is weak.

and ohio state.

Pork Twain

We can barely beat Vandy and Utah St...

We are coaching impared.  HDN and RH ride the short bus to work.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Adrenaline_Junkie

Quote from: clemensrules01 on September 20, 2006, 07:56:48 pm

and ohio state.

don't you know these are tough times..........no sarcasm on this board {tisk} {tisk}

seriously I don't think we can beat Boise St.............I mean c'mon................a team from the WAC, with a first year coach, and their intials spell BS

L.A.

How good is TCU?  I haven't seen any of their highlights this year.

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: lower_arkansas on September 20, 2006, 07:59:05 pm
How good is TCU?  I haven't seen any of their highlights this year.
Good enough to beat Texas Tech, I think if we had a chance to beat any of them, I'd go with Cal

Adrenaline_Junkie

We're not beating CAL..............they took Minesota behind the shed with 50 points and they prob beat ASU this weekend

Adrenaline_Junkie

I bet we just make it outside the top 25 if we beat BAMA

mbgrulz

boise state, arizona state, TCU, Clemson. just my opinion.

Adrenaline_Junkie

I respect your opinion as the next guy but you're wrong.........we can keep up with Boise St or ASU.

Clemson has it all coming together (besides a 2 OT loss) for them this year. But I think we could keep up with TCU and pound them to win.

goallthewayua

Quote from: mbgrulz on September 20, 2006, 08:29:01 pm
boise state, arizona state, TCU, Clemson. just my opinion.

No man, I think Clemson and Arizona State would crush us, but I'll agree with TCU and Boise

HatfieldHog

I'll answer your question if you rephrase it to say, "which top 50 team would we beat."

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Adrenaline_Junkie on September 20, 2006, 07:58:43 pm
Quote from: clemensrules01 on September 20, 2006, 07:56:48 pm

and ohio state.

don't you know these are tough times..........no sarcasm on this board {tisk} {tisk}

seriously I don't think we can beat Boise St.............I mean c'mon................a team from the WAC, with a first year coach, and their intials spell BS
HMMM, BS...Isn't that where we got Dale from?

missippihog

Just to show you how ignorant these polls are, Clemson and FL State have same record and Clemson beat FL state at FL state last week but FL state is ranked ahead of Clemson. If this were printed on paper it would be good to wipe with and that's it.

Adrenaline_Junkie

Well Florida state is the better team and Florida lost to ranked Clemson, while Clemson lost to unranked BC.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Adrenaline_Junkie on September 20, 2006, 08:32:43 pm
I respect your opinion as the next guy but you're wrong.........we can keep up with Boise St or ASU.

Clemson has it all coming together (besides a 2 OT loss) for them this year. But I think we could keep up with TCU and pound them to win.
i just have that feeling about ASU, and look at what happened to BSU when they played an SEC defense after blowing out all of their opponents last year. if our D doesnt get better though, we cant call it an sec defense. it just sux right now.

Adrenaline_Junkie

cityhog

i say BS and BC.  I mean we suck but Boise ST?????????? and the Big East is terrible.  poser league, as in Sun Belt.

Bama Possum

Quote from: cityhog on September 20, 2006, 08:47:30 pm
i say BS and BC.  I mean we suck but Boise ST?????????? and the Big East is terrible.  poser league, as in Sun Belt.

The Big East is weak, but they have West Virginia and Louisville, both of which look pretty good. Louisville beat Miami without Michael Bush, and West Virginia looks pretty wicked.

Killean

Boise St. and Texas.

You know we'd beat Texas.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

ferrellhog

I agree definitely Get TEXAS on the schedule every year at least we will be able to have some bragging rights on occasion

Hog6

September 20, 2006, 09:04:53 pm #22 Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 09:07:16 pm by Hog6
Quote from: Adrenaline_Junkie on September 20, 2006, 07:56:06 pm
These are the AP Poll Week 3 Top 25 poll...........the number to votes each team has recieved is shown. Note: Alabama is just left out of the Top 25 with 94 votes while Arkansas has recieved 2.

1. Ohio State (59) 3-0 1,617
2. Auburn (2) 3-0 1,507
3. USC (2) 2-0 1,494
4. West Virginia (2) 3-0 1,419
5. Florida 3-0 1,354
6. Michigan 3-0 1,301
7. Texas 2-1 1,179
8. Louisville 3-0 1,127
9. Georgia 3-0 1,104
10. LSU 2-1 1,085
12. Notre Dame 2-1 902
13. Oregon 3-0 837
14. Iowa 3-0 833
15. Tennessee 2-1 583
16. TCU 3-0 530
17. Oklahoma 2-1 513
19. Clemson 2-1 407
21. California 2-1 386
22. Arizona State 3-0 384
23. Nebraska 2-1 160
24. Penn State 2-1 143
25. Boise State 3-0 109

Anyone can beat anyone else in D1 on a given Saturday.  Chances are a different question.  I guess you can debate the "would" part of the question ad infinitum.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The only reason Boise is ranked so low is because of their conference.  There's at least half a dozen teams in the top 25 they would thump and another 6 or so they could hang with.  They would clean our clocks.  RRS would be deadly silent and HDN would be vaporized by a Chuck Norris roundhouse before he could even utter the words "If we only..."
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

wolf24

I believe we could take Flordia State if it were played in Little Rock.  That's right we suck on the Hill against good teams.

Bama Possum

I think you guys/or Bama would have the best chance of beating Florida State (Their O-line is major porous and Drew Weatherford cannot outscramble/outrun a midget with a torn MCL after the midget drank a bottle of Boones Farm).

Apply moderate pass rush...rinse...repeat...Blitz if needed...

Olhickory

I think we would beat Oklahoma, if we got pac-10 officials to ref the game

Hong Kong Sooey

There is not one team on that list that the Hogs could beat 2 times out of 5.  We are a long way from Top 25 land.  And, Boise would score 40 the way the Hog D is playing.

Broken Trigger

Oklahoma, TCU,  Boise State, and Boston College

Root Hog

Quote from: RazorbackRick on September 20, 2006, 09:42:25 pm

OU:  We give up 240 yards to Vandy's backs and we're gonna stop     
       Peterson?  Right
TCU: Athletes almost on par with us.  Superb coaching.  Would KILL   
        Hogs.

hog caller

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Root Hog on September 20, 2006, 09:54:37 pm

Peterson?  Right
        Hogs.

Peterson is it though.  We could stop him just like Vandy stopped DMac.

Root Hog

Quote from: RazorbackRick on September 20, 2006, 10:15:57 pm

Peterson?  Right
        Hogs.

Lets see if they can stop Darby first.

SupaCrawf

Nebraska.  Yeah, I know, they did better against USC than we did, but I think it had more to do with the Trojans than the Huskers.  If we played them here, or in LR, we'd win.
I'm kind of a big deal.

Hong Kong Sooey

Peterson?  Right
        Hogs.

Interesting stat...Peterson actually has twice as many yds in the second half as the first this year...and the Hogs are giving up 4.8 yds/carry, what makes you think we could even slow him down?

pork-e-pine

I like TCU's coach.  Something patterson.  He believes in a spread offense that is crazy (he would be good if HN is to go).
That being said, TCU is wildly overated.  They play in a silly conference which they win but the media loves them.  They had a whopping 25.000 for their home opener.  A real tough one against UC davis.  I think we could beat them. 
My guess is that boise is beatable as well but i don't really know anything about their program.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Sao Ming

I can tell noone responding here has seen TCU play this year.  TCU would allow 0-7 pts maximum against their D.  You all know what our D is capable of so I will skip that part.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 20, 2006, 10:21:50 pm

Peterson?  Right
        Hogs.

Interesting stat...Peterson actually has twice as many yds in the second half as the first this year...and the Hogs are giving up 4.8 yds/carry, what makes you think we could even slow him down?

We would key on him, like Vandy did DMac.  We gave up those 240 yards to Vandy, because we were expecting them to kill us through the air.  That's not to say that OU couldn't wind up passing for a bundle after we keyed on Adrian, although i haven't seen a lot of evidence of that. 

pork-e-pine

UTEP scored  35 on Texas Tech

TCU scored 12. Texas Tech has a famously bad defense.  So maybe their defense (which is better than it has been in past years) holds us to a low score.  They could not score on us either.  So they give up 7 and we win 7-0

Hogs beat TCU- And please note that I like TCU. They are the Texas team I picked to root for when I moved to texas last year.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

Root Hog

Its pointless.  If you can't see that TCU is a far better team than Arkansas this year, put down the glass and step away from the Koolaid.
I agree that TCU plays in a weak conference and that the Hogs play in the strongest conference.  So? 

Count_Porkula

Quote5. Florida 3-0 1,354
6. Michigan 3-0 1,301
7. Texas 2-1 1,179
8. Louisville 3-0 1,127
9. Georgia 3-0 1,104
10. LSU 2-1 1,085
12. Notre Dame 2-1 902
13. Oregon 3-0 837
14. Iowa 3-0 833
15. Tennessee 2-1 583
19. Clemson 2-1 407
23. Nebraska 2-1 160
24. Penn State 2-1 143
25. Boise State 3-0 109

These teams are all incredibly beatable. Coaches Nutt and Malzahn would give several of these fits. If I had to pick the one sure win, I'd say Florida State. We'll beat the tar out of LSU in Little Rock.

pork-e-pine

what s pointless?  discussion? facts? If you wish to write off those who disagree with you as a "koolaide drinker" that is your right.  But the numbers show that TCU's offense isn't that good.  The fact is that when you play in a weak conference you are at a big disadvantage over members of a stronger conference.  That is why it is a big deal for TCU to beat baylor. 

Remember that "Darksiders" think that facts should rule.  Fact is TCU has a weak offense.

Winning is fun,
Losing is not;

hogtheball

What about Penn State? We'd beat them on pure coaching superiority.  Paterno's never seen a power-I formation like ours. He's probably been studying HDN's strategies for years, but it wouldn't matter.  Nutt over Paterno by 3 touchdowns.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

BassinHawg

Unfortunately, at this time, every one of them.

But I bet we could sell them a nice used car!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

werehog

Boise State -- they were ranked in the top 25 the year we laid a major whipping on them. Penn State, BC, Oklahoma, Nebraska (the SC players have a higher opinion of the Hogs than they do Nebraska because of our physical play) and Iowa. Maybe Tennessee, TCU and Notre Dame. You're going to see the overrated Domers take a big drop after Michigan State puts a whipping on them in East Lansing.

Tejano Jawg

I have to add to the TCU chatter. They've been very solid for several years. Offense has been good...always seem to have some nice running backs. But Patterson, being a defensive guy, has been putting a great D on the field. They kept the wild and crazy Texas Tech O out of the endzone. I think I heard the last time Tech went without a TD was 7 years ago.

I don't want to play them...just yet.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Adrenaline_Junkie

Agreed they have been solid for years and lets not forget that the best RB in the NFL LT played for them

BigArkyintheRock

Alabama on Saturday. According to some guys that coach a little football, Bama' is ranked 22 this week.

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

A_True_Hog_Jedi

We can hang with all the teams from 18-25 if we play our best game. Most of the teams ranked 17th or higher will beat us.  Too bad for us 4 of them our on schedule this season!!!