Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs Tide predictions?

Started by Anson Marlow, September 18, 2006, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: 27
    Hefalumps   16, here's why.

Everyone on here is afraid that we won't be able to stop the run?  Hello?  Kenneth Darby #20 in the conference when it comes to yards per run at 3.3.  Let me repeat that 20th in the conference.  The run will be no problem.  Both McFadden and Felix Jones separate have more total yards than him too.  As for the passing, John Parker Wilson can run with the SEC, throwing 223 and 4 touchdown to 1 interception.  You could compare him to Mitch, saying if Mitch had as many attempts he would have many more yards, but that's besides the point.  Our secondary is one of the best in the conference when we don't miss tackles, and Herring won't have our boys missing tackles this weekend.  The intangibles is what will decide the game.  All season Alabama has had only 11 penalties, for 77 yards (least in SEC) and as mentioned they spank us in the turnover department.  Mitch is getting better every game and this will be no exception.

hogfan13

The hogs won't give up...

Hogs-28

Tide-26

Tide-Failed 2 point Conversion

Cold_Roses_80

Arkansas 70  Bama 17
no wait..
Arkansas 50  Bama 14
no hold on now..
Bama 24  Arkansas 10

Torqued pork

I'm afraid Bama will win on the line of scrimmage, Mcfadden and Jones may not be 100% as well.
Bama-27
Hogs-21

WestMemphisHogFan

Arkansas 24
Alabama 21

Arkansas' offense will roll over the tide.  The defense will do just enough for a win.  Arkansas will line up for a field goal with 45 seconds left. Alabama will call a time out, and during the time out the WIND will shift in the Razorbacks favor and Davis will make the wind assisted field goal by two feet.

The Hog

Arkansas 70
Tiders 66 

New OT record of nine.
Automatic RUN!

Suidae

Hogs 24
Tide  13

We'll (Hogs) improve steadily, especially this game.
Hogs have better skill players.
We'll finally get a couple of turnovers.
This game will hinge on turnover/penalty/kicking game.
Hogs win turnover and penalty factors.
Hogs get first field goal.

PigManLives

Hogs 34
Bama 13

Hogs have WAY more offensive weapons and will be clicking on all cyliders.

Oh yeah, the defense grows a pair and plays a Solid game.

Oh yeah, get some of the Kool-aid.........Its AWESOME

hoggystyle78

wincrimson

hogface_12

Shocktheman

Reaganite

Ark-31  'cause Mitch learns to audible out of HDN plays forced on Gus.
Bama-24

Houston you're right, he keeps getting better and better... in spite of you.

SPAL

DanTheHogFan

Arkansas 27
Alabama 18

Why these numbers? I have no idea, but I will NOT predict a loss

pioneerhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 18, 2006, 03:48:04 pm
High scoring

35 UA
34 UA

haven't decided which one yet.
The 34 would be the Hogs, after we miss a PAT kick.

I have yet to decide who will win this game. It will be close and the game will be decided in the last 4 mins of the game.

DanTheHogFan

This could be the biggest indicator for this weeks matchup for the hogs. For the 2006 season, the Hogs have yet to cover the spread. So by my calculations...The hogs need to be favored to win by more than 1 point if we are going to win the game. We were favored in the two "wins" this year...but we failed to cover the spread. We failed to even cover the spread against USC 28 points....ouch.

So ... when the line comes out! There is your sign.

* DISCLAIMER: This is not endorsed by me, nor do I really believe this is true. This is merely an observation of past recorded events. Past performance does not guarantee future results. (hopefully our defense will remember that one and "Show up" this week)

GO HOGS! Beat them Swimmin' Elephants!

HogFaninGA

I thought there was a post earlier that said AR is favored by 5 1/2.

Shizzle

we were 10 point dogs to USC, last year we were 28. I remember well because i took USC and Florida on a 2 team parlay and reaped the  reward.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

DEVICEHIGH

Hogs   - 29
'Bama - 28

Bama grabs a 21 point advantage before Reggie decapitates a fan yelling "Herring, You Suck". HDN turns Malzahn loose
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

BassinHawg

ABCEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

What's wrong with this alphabet?  Same as the Hogs, it lacks a "D"!

Bama 31
Hogs 21
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

camelt

Ark -2.5
O/U 38

www.thegreek.com

I have been waiting for this game all off season.  I think this is the play of the day.  Hogs cover this week.

LZH

I could have paid off my house with the USC game, but........

Hogs win by ten...(I'm drunk again).

werehog

Arkansas 37, Alabama 17 -- The Hog offense finally jells plus our defense makes a stand.

Junkyard Hog

hogfan4life56

arkansas - 20

bama - 13

mustain- 210 yards 1 touchdown

mcfadden - 160 yards 1 touchdown

brichte

I think Arkansas will cover this week too.

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 18, 2006, 02:04:37 pm
Bama 24 AR 17      Reasons: 1. AR defense is weak especially against the rush (bama like to run)
                                      2. Coaching--Bama will be better prepared like all teams are
                                                         against AR.
                                      3.  It seems like we can't beat a ranked team at RRS.

if agree %100 well 95 we cant kick a field goal......so we wont score 17

i the tide can run us the time possesion wont be pretty
and our offense wont get very many chances

(notOM)Rebel123

Michigan beat Notre Dame worse than they did Vandy....
Bama beat Vandy by 3 at home....
we beat VAndy by 2 on the road......what's this mean....
as Pee-Wee Herman says...."I don't know????
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Factual Fiction

Quote from: THROWITDEEP on September 18, 2006, 02:21:42 pm
Arkansas 24

Alabama 13

Arkansas 28

Alabama 14

Loser buys a Sno Cone..............................

HAWGTROT

Alabama 24
Arkansas 21
last second FG! what comes around goes around.

HamShank

Hogs - 20
Tide - 13

Hogs win in first OT.

Bryant Disciple

Hogs - 20
Tide - 21

Bama nails 7 field goals.  :P

RootnShoot

Razorbacks 27
Tide          13

I really don't see 'Bama's defense stopping us. MM will have a decent game, a couple more pass attempts but without the big gains of 40+. Our running attack will be more solidified.
Offense: 250 pass on 25 attempts
           245 run on 38 attempts

Our defense will again not give up a TD on a big play, and will struggle with 3 and outs. They will do a much better of wrapping up and will stop the run and big pass plays but will give up some short passes to the flats and in the middle. They will also force a TO and perhaps take advantage of another 'Bama mistake.

Go Hogs

There are more important things.

Dugann

21 Arkansas 17 Alabama go hogs :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Mordekai

Arkansas 28
Alabama  14

Arkansas gets the Offense going right, the run gets better and the passing goes long.  Afterall, we're into the fourth game, we're reaching our stride now.  And the Defense starts actually tackling.
Alabama wears the defense down and makes two touchdowns in the second half.

help-us-butch

27-24 hogs

houston uses his magical wind power to push through last minute FG

dougieritch

It will be a close game and depend on Arkansas' ability to stop the run & not turn the ball over.

However I'm hoping last week was a fluke and Reggie will have the "D" ready:

Arkansas 24, Bama 17

whitemeat

If both the O and D show up, then It is a definite win for the hogs and a convincing one.
Hogs 34 Tide 13
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

jeffrey271991

Hogs 16
Ba ma 13

Hogs get a safety on a blocked point after.  Hogs score a touchdown and Houston still thinks its third down however we actually convert on the off the tackle play. Kicker bounces two off the uprights but makes 2 of 3 attempts. Plus five turnover margin.

evangelist

hawaiianhogster

The experts say this year is not the year for us to be explosive on offense since we're learning a new system.

Hogs - 28
Tide - 27

Our D comes through in the end again and the wind picks up.

Cavehog

Tide 28, Hogs 17.  Our D couldn't stop my great grandmother, and she's been dead 40 years.
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

HawgAdvocate

Bama 24
Hogs 17

Bama has a good kicker who's hit a 40+ yarder already, not to mention number other FGs.
Bama has had problems running the ball, but against our weak LBs and thin depth they'll fare better.
Kines will blitz Bama's quick D like mad, forcing Mitch to throw some bad passes like he did against Vandy.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

loserhog3-7

From what I'v seen and heard I believe

Bama 13
Hogs 10

toshortrock

i say i hope so and i'm wrong,,but,,bama 27  hogs 24 :(
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

BUTU

lilredheadedlady

This is all hoodoo, but why not?

Bama-27
Hogs-25
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Roadrunner

Good guys  :razorback: 21
Bad guys: 10
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.