Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs Tide predictions?

Started by Anson Marlow, September 18, 2006, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkbadger

You can keep that skoal baby.

PigPusher

We have the ability if we put our heads into it as it is mostly about desire.  I believe that will be there Saturday.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

fu-man-soo

http://www.al.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/sports/11586574154840.xml&coll=3

"The cumulative score while these rivals have been splitting the last eight games down the middle has been Arkansas 194, Alabama 188. And had the Crimson Tide been able to squeeze through a mid-range field goal in the first overtime against Arkansas in 2003, that cumulative score would be 191-191. "

hogfan13

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...GUS  TRUCK..........| ||'|";', ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

BirminghamBill

I posted this on another thread but thought it was worth putting here since so many people are calling such a close game...

Since joining the SEC the Hogs are 4-0 against Bama when the final score is less than 3 points.  Just something to think on...

MJ2

If our defense semi shows up, Gus and Mitch can handle the offense.

Hogs 28

Shirley Q Liquor - 17

Snouty

Arkansas      28
Alabama       27

Markuson and Malzahn bury the hatchett and take the batteries out of Nutt's headset.   Mustain passess for 2 TDs and McFadden and Jones rush for one each.   Reggie's defense stinks up the place most of the day but an untouched Peyton Hillis blocks an extra point attempt in the waning moments of the 4th quarter.   After the game, Nutt claims "I called the blocked extra point attempt, brother!" 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Ahh, gotta love good ole AR positivity.  Kind of reminds me of all the predictions before the USC game, especially by the media....

Our D sucks.  And since I still think Dale will want to line up in the I half of the time:

Alabama 35
Arkansas 14
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hollywood_HOGan

Im not too big on making predictions but I'll throw mine out there.

Our offense is slowly improving. If Mitch plays anything like he did last week, we'll most def win.

Our defense is still not very good and i have NO idea why but we'll improve this week.

We are so due to win a big one in fay.

Arkansas 22
Bama      17

GO HOGS GO!

Pork Authority

hawgbawb

Hogs 31
BAMA 27

I think the Hogs offense is improving fast. The key is whether the makeshift linebackers can be effective. Can Hewitt really learn the position that fast? Scares the crap outta me, but I have to go with the hogs.  In any case, I expect some offensive fireworks.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Hawg_Heaven

I bet Herring has already gotten into the defensive players grill about not wrapping up. Expect to see better tackling come Saturday. I think our defense will look considerably better.

The offense will look better this week than it did last week. DMac will get back on track and Mitch will be more comfortable. Expect to see more Gus than Nutt.

Hogs 31
Tide 13

;D

hogken

hogs 28
tide 14
hogs will be more potent on offense and the D will not try to blitz every down and take care of their run!
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

Hawg_Heaven

Well, add this one to it. I missed it.  :P

hogfan4life56

SAUhogfan

kremlinhog

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 19, 2006, 08:46:02 pm
That's easy to do when you're self absorbed.

Good point. Maybe I should start caring about others. :P

Hawgfan23

This game should be the coming out party for DMac.  With a couple of big TD runs will help him creep up the Heisman watch list for next year.
National Championship, 6 Final Fours, 9 Elite Eights, 14 Sweet Sixteen Appearances, 27 NCAA Bids, 93 First Team All-Conferences Selections -- 31 Conference Titles.

Tradition Speaks for Itself.

hog caller

HoggySTruman

bdubhog

pleasewin

ready to tote one on saturday?

pleasewin

H&D

I'm going to get into trouble for this one, but here it goes.

YOU SUCK AT LIFE
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

pleasewin

jforte

well, I was gonna say great job Keys...but the post went poof!...

Hogs 17

Tide 14

jbell96

murray-vegas

hogs 12 Bama 10

Hogs miss first XP and then go for 2 for no reason up 12-0. Bama scores 10 in the 4th and misses a FG to win it on a bobbled snap. MVP for both teams is the punter.

jman

HDN wont have any fingernails left after this one is over.

A_True_Hog_Jedi

Defense finally gets some turnovers and the the offense continues to improve. Close for the 1st half,  and then we pull away.

Hogs 35
Bama 17

razorbackkid

Under normal circumstances I'd say the Hogs would win going away.
Under the current circumstances....wait a minute....I think the normal
and the current have been pretty much the same lately.

I'm sorry, it must be all that dust from the vhs tapes I had to clean up before sticking them in the vcr in order to watch a good Arkansas football team.

I liken the upcoming Arkansas/Bama game to the Arkansas/Ole Miss game of '01.
Neither team will do much and be tied at 17 at the end of regulation.  This time it will only go 4 o.t.'s

Hogs win 46 - 40
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hogfankb

sowmonella

Vegas sets the line to encourage betters to lay money down.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hogfan064

It opened at 1.5 for the Hogs.  I haven't seen us as a Dog yet

OnYourToes

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on September 19, 2006, 08:41:53 pm
I bet Herring has already gotten into the defensive players grill about not wrapping up. Expect to see better tackling come Saturday. I think our defense will look considerably better.

The offense will look better this week than it did last week. DMac will get back on track and Mitch will be more comfortable. Expect to see more Gus than Nutt.

Hogs 31
Tide 13

;D

Practice makes perfect. . .

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,77419.0.html

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

litmachog

It will be a good game with Bama holding a slight lead in the first half.  In the second half, we see Mitch start getting real comfortable running the offense and long passes to Monk and DW, help us take the lead and we will add a field goal to pad the lead (believe it or not) and will end up winning......

24 - 13.

lucky_lindy

I agree with HOGFANIN, defense can't stop the run and Bama will run.  Follow the game, though, it will be close.  These teams aren't far apart and neither will go to a major, BCS, bowl.
lucky lindy

riccoar

I would hope the Hogs pull away a bit this week, but I expect another Vandy type game.

Hogs       30
Alabama  28

lucky_lindy

USCPimp,
Nutt building a great program?  What's great about it?  He's taken nine years to build.  If he was building my house, I'd want my money back.
lucky lindy

fortcityhog

Here goes my rookie optimism.  Ark looses toss and AL takes the ball to set the pace. Marches and is up 7-0.  Hogs answer big for a 10-7 hogs at half.  Both defenses are tired and nutt does use his "run to keep it close" offense and Gus continues to show ark fans what MM's future looks like. Hogs seal the door late in the 4th at 27-14.
Final
27-17 Hogs
Everybody acts like our program is WONDERFUL and everything is HAPILY EVER AFTER..... for about a week!

jackwalker

Quote from: fortcityhog on September 20, 2006, 12:15:02 pm
Here goes my rookie optimism.  Ark looses toss and AL takes the ball to set the pace. Marches and is up 7-0.  Hogs answer big for a 10-7 hogs at half.  Both defenses are tired and nutt does use his "run to keep it close" offense and Gus continues to show ark fans what MM's future looks like. Hogs seal the door late in the 4th at 27-14.
Final
27-17 Hogs
Everybody acts like our program is WONDERFUL and everything is HAPILY EVER AFTER..... for about a week!

2 weeks.  We have a bye week to get ready not tackle or practice in full pads for Auburn.

We will have 2 weeks to listen to 1st time posters flap about how we have turned the corner.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

Gas Can

Utah beat Utah St. 48-0 last week, held them to 98 yds...says a lot!

Alabama   41
Arkansas  17

:(

Sao Ming

OnYourToes

Quote from: Sao Ming on September 20, 2006, 01:13:39 pm
Bama  26.3333
Hogs   18.3333

That's funny, the average score of all meetings is
Hog 23
Bama 16
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

SuthrnFballer15

Last good game of the season then we better start praying for miracles AKA how to tackle come Auburn and LSU. :razorback: Ark - 28 Bama - 24
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

kinghog

31 to 20 HOGS

to much Razorback backfield, to much Springdale High alumni

casken

...don't have a clue...I keep looking for a breakout game, I was hoping it would be before the season is over!  I just have my fingers crossed.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Bob Loblaw

It's gonna be known as Bama's "bukkake" game 'cuz they will be coming at Arky hard & often.

:P

Bama 28
piggies 13