Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs Tide predictions?

Started by Anson Marlow, September 18, 2006, 02:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

devildog

hogtusk

HOGS 24
TIDE 20

Mustain has 3 TD's passing and the defense starts to come around.

GHG
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

judgeroyswine

This year, the Hogs recognize there is a wide receiver and cover him, unfortunately they forget about the running back, who scores easily and quiets the visitor-friendly confines of RRS early on.

It is 14-0 before Hogs get motivated by RH heart attack at the 2:10 mark of the second quarter.  Hogs get 3 right before half and take some momentum into the locker room, only to have it demolished by a second half opening runback by the Tide.  Shibest joins RH in the hospital.

Hog fans grow more frustrated on the day as the 'Backs can't play catch up very well.  Bama wins 27-17.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Alkehog

BloodRedHog

We will score but our defense sucks...they wll score...I can easily see a 34-31 game.

Am I off-base?
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

SPAL

yes u are off base....this has the makings of a defensive slugfest....not because either defense is great, but because the offense is inconsistent.

HogISH™

no, you are on base, our defense will make their offense look good and our offense will score just enough to win.

31-27 hogs.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

HogHillbilly

I agree with ya Blood...............If DMac gets his game back, we will score 35............
If our Defense struggles tackling again.............Bama will score 28

MM has to have another game like Vandy though
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

HogFaninGA

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: BloodRedHog on September 19, 2006, 10:14:42 am
We will score but our defense sucks...they wll score...I can easily see a 34-31 game.

Am I off-base?
I think we have to score often to beat 'Bama this weekend.  We are giving up 4.8 yds.carry on the ground and are being dominated at the point of attack.  The Tide is averaging over 32 minutes/game in TOP, and have Kenneth Darby.  The offense will have to carry us.

BloodRedHog

I have a feeling it will be a fun game to watch...

OnYourToes

BRH, I think you are right on.
Darby has the potiential to rip us a new one.
MM and the boys (DMAC, DW, Monk, FJ, Hillis, and so on) will be very productive.
Our best defense may be our offense with MM throwing all over the field and scoring often.
Either way Hogs Win!!!
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

OnYourToes

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 19, 2006, 10:16:17 am
yes u are off base....this has the makings of a defensive slugfest....not because either defense is great, but because the offense is inconsistent.

I see our defense being inconsistant
points per game
This may be the game where they show up, for the entire game!
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

HogHillbilly

Quote from: OnYourToes on September 19, 2006, 10:24:11 am
MM and the boys (DMAC, DW, Monk, FJ, Hillis, and so on) will be very productive.
Our best defense may be our offense with MM throwing all over the field and scoring often.
Either way Hogs Win!!!

Darby is not fast............He will not break a "Big One" with our safety's............He is a Hillis type runner
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

OnYourToes

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 19, 2006, 10:26:07 am
Either way Hogs Win!!!

Darby is not fast............He will not break a "Big One" with our safety's............He is a Hillis type runner

I know Darby isn't a break away runner, I was just saying that with the holes we gave to Vandy, 10-15 yards a run will get you close to the end zone in a hurry.

He will grind it on/over/through us.
That is more wearing on a D then the big plays

You sir are a genius!

Hawgasaurus

Total is sitting at 37.5 right now, from the looks of this board the OVER is the play! I must say I agree too, this offense has got to open it up on someone sooner or later!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

elksnort

If we tackle well and do not turn the ball over more than Bama, we'l win.

BloodRedHog

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on September 19, 2006, 10:34:12 am
Total is sitting at 37.5 right now, from the looks of this board the OVER is the play! I must say I agree too, this offense has got to open it up on someone sooner or later!

I can't see a 20-17 game here...I think Vegas is wrong and you are right.

USCPimP

Maybe Arkansas will Be able to Beat USC one of these YRS
HOGS 2

BAMA 45

Go Trojans and Hookem Horns ;) >:( :o :-*

ArchitectHog

HOGS 28
BAMA 24

D needs to step up.
Mustain will play well.
Backs will have good game.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Razorback88

I've been pretty close on my predictions so far(I even picked USC to beat us back during the BCS bowl talk LOL) and I'm going with the Hogs this weekend.

Razorbacks 35
Elephants 24

Brutalis

And I mean hand their arses to them on a silver platter... it changes everything. No more excuses no more 'it's a new offense thing' and surely no more 'well so so isn't calling plays'. It's over if we stomp them. Expectations = 10 wins this season and none the less if we hammer Bama.
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

HogFaninGA

All it would mean is that we beat a team that we are favored to beat.

DoubleJ

We might win, but I don't think we'll hand it to them.  I guess we can always hold out hope, though.

Oliver

Quote from: Brutalis on September 19, 2006, 11:34:52 am
And I mean hand their arses to them on a silver platter... it changes everything. No more excuses no more 'it's a new offense thing' and surely no more 'well so so isn't calling plays'. It's over if we stomp them. Expectations = 10 wins this season and none the less if we hammer Bama.

To me it would mean that Gus was calling a lot of the plays because we haven't been able to score over 20 on Bama in a while under Nutt.

PigPusher

Remember Coach Malzahn did say they were introducing a little bit more of the new offense each week.  Bama is due for their dose of Mazahn medicine. 
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

ConwayHog

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 19, 2006, 11:39:20 am

To me it would mean that Gus was calling a lot of the plays because we haven't been able to score over 20 on Bama in a while under Nutt.

We did in 2003 and 2004.  We failed to in 2002 and 2005.  I don't really see how you can say one way or the other.

goallthewayua

I wish I could agree, but a 20 or even 30 point win over bama in my opinion would not be a good gauge on predicting the rest of the season. It would be a step in the right direction however. Now if we are able to beat bama and Auburn then I'll be alot more optimistic for the rest of the season. As it is right now, this game is the equivilent of playing for the bronze medal in the SEC west.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: OnYourToes on September 19, 2006, 10:33:38 am
Either way Hogs Win!!!

I know Darby isn't a break away runner, I was just saying that with the holes we gave to Vandy, 10-15 yards a run will get you close to the end zone in a hurry.

What he said...squared.

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

The last time Arkansas played Alabama on my birthday was 1998, we won 42-6. 

My birthday is this Saturday 9-23, Here's hoping for a re-peat of the 98 game.......

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

hogfancb

Hog Belly

Am I off-base?

you're probably right. I think both defenses are down.

OnYourToes

September 19, 2006, 11:55:11 am #132 Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:57:36 am by OnYourToes
Quote from: goallthewayua on September 19, 2006, 11:44:06 am

I wish I could agree, but a 20 or even 30 point win over bama in my opinion would not be a good gauge on predicting the rest of the season. It would be a step in the right direction however. Now if we are able to beat bama and Auburn then I'll be alot more optimistic for the rest of the season. As it is right now, this game is the equivilent of playing for the bronze medal in the SEC west.

It wouldn't change "everything" necessarily.  It would mean that the O is clicking as expected and the D came around and was tough.

IF - big if - we then beat Auburn then, yes, MORE things would change, again not everything.  EVERYTHING changing requires more than winning, to some on this board.  To me it doesn't
Bama and Auburn are 2 COMPLETELY different teams.
Beating Bama means we are on our way
Beating Auburn means we have made amazing strides and the nation will know it.  We only have LSU and Ten to trip us up.

"IF" can be an exciting word, it can also build up hope to the point of insanity.
I am a Hog fan till the end and I have these expectations, at the same time, we still have to play each and every game. 

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

clew

Pure as the dawn

SPAL

You guys crack me up...we score 14 points against USC, 20 against utah state, and 21 against Vandy. BAMA scored 25 against UH, 13 against Vandy, and blew up for 41 against ULM

Bama features a smash mouth running style designed to eat clock.
Arkansas features a smash mouth running style designed to eat up clock.

Bama has a green QB
Arkansas has a green QB

bama is young on D and has been bend but dont break
Arkansas has an exp D and has been bend but dont break

Our D gave up 50 to USC, bama doesnt have the power to do that
Our D gave up 0 to ute state....we shoudl have
Our D gave 19 to vandy, even though they crammed it down out throats

I know some of you like to think we have seen the last of nutt's offense and arkansas is now a 4 and 5 wide spread offense that can score at will, but it simply isnt the case. Running the football is still nutts forte.

We were as balanced as I can remember and still only managed to put together 21 points against Vandy. What makes anybody think we are gonna put 30 on the board against a better Defense is beyond me.

This game will not be high scoring.

USCPimP

I think we have the best coach in America { HDN}  8) We would be stupid to fire him after this YR.  shi*t never gonna happen  :puke:  :razorback: If all the Dark Siders would see the light, They would see that Houston Nutt Is buliding a great program  ;) ;D ???

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dishhog10

Am I off-base?

Yes you are way off base.   The first one to 20 points win this one.  
Lets band together and back BP

OnYourToes

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 19, 2006, 11:47:50 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 19, 2006, 10:33:38 am
Either way Hogs Win!!!

What he said...squared.

Thanks Hong Kong Sooey, I wish we still had the applaud/smite meter.  I'd give you +20, for the amount of points we score

You sir are a genius!

HawgWild

Arkansas 27
Alabama  10

Reggie Herring gets deep in that butt and the Defense learns how to tackle, literally overnight. Darby gets some yards, but not his points as the HOGS keep him locked down. QB sacks should be more plentiful this time around, because bama does not have a Matt Jones clone running around in the backfield like Vandy did. Hopefully, we'll see the HOG defense even create a turnover or two....maybe, possibly, well then again.......

Mitch Mustain should have another solid day throwing passes to the nasty three, Monk, Williams and Crawford. I can't remember when the HOGS have ever had three WR's of this caliber available to them and with Mitch Mustain's ability to accurately throw the deep ball bama will have to respect the pass. The running game will benefit from this and get back on track as bama will be unable to stop Mcfadden & Jones in a pass prevent defense. I expect Hillis to be much more involved in this game, be it catching some swing passes out of the backfield or by utilizing his power game.

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas still -2.  Wow, who woulda guessed that one.

rodgre

Arkansas 21
Alabama 24

We miss a field goal late that could have put the game into overtime. 
Plus, we don't beat anybody worth a darn in Fayetteville. 
Go Hogs!

CPL HOG

Holy City Hog

Quote from: cameltoe on September 18, 2006, 07:36:15 pm
Ark -2.5
O/U 38

www.thegreek.com

I have been waiting for this game all off season.  I think this is the play of the day.  Hogs cover this week.

Did you watch the Vandy game? 

kitshicker

Quote from: brichte on September 18, 2006, 08:02:38 pm
I think Arkansas will cover this week too.
That's what I thought......the last 2 weeks :-\

WILL CLINTON

Well, Alabama is 1-7 against the spread off 3+ games allowing 17 or less points so Arkansas to cover is not a bad bet.  But this is the better bet, the UNDER.  Arkansas is 11-2 Under off back-to-back against the spread losses.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Holy City Hog

Quote from: dubyacee on September 19, 2006, 01:27:58 pm
Well, Alabama is 1-7 against the spread off 3+ games allowing 17 or less points so Arkansas to cover is not a bad bet.  But this is the better bet, the UNDER.  Arkansas is 11-2 Under off back-to-back against the spread losses.

Now THAT'S some good info, thanks

_Collin1

betus.com has it as a pick em

I took Arkansas.  No under yet determined on betus.com

Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Mr. Prozac

Holy crap! That sounds like trigonometry or something.

kitshicker

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on September 19, 2006, 01:47:25 pm

Holy crap! That sounds like trigonometry or something.
I hear ya! I had my boss over to my computer trying to decipher for me...lol