Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIG Upset #1 Seed Virginia 54 #16 UMBC 74

Started by HamIAm, March 16, 2018, 10:00:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamIAm

March 16, 2018, 10:00:50 pm Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:37:33 pm by HamIAm
roughly 11 minutes left in the game.  UMBC outplaying them.

Letsroll1200

HamIAm

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 10:01:27 pm
But fundamental basketball

Exactly.  UMBC is a bunch of short scrawny looking guys who don't look like they could handle a #1 seed.  But they are getting position and rebounds.  Passing the ball to create open looks.  Refreshing.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

alohawg

Potential first ever in the making. This is fun, again.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HamIAm

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Breems

Dude, UMBC looks like my high school team. What is going on?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

alohawg

Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 10:07:39 pm
Dude, UMBC looks like my high school team. What is going on?

#10 Is very talented and in the zone. Kid's game is a throwback, especially his drives and finishes.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

HogAlum99

Even though I'm still frustrated about the Hogs, this is why I continue to watch every year, even when we stink!!!

PonderinHog

alohawg

Quote from: HogAlum99 on March 16, 2018, 10:11:53 pm
Even though I'm still frustrated about the Hogs, this is why I continue to watch every year, even when we stink!!!

We all are, brother.  Hope these UMBC kids put smiles all around.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

HamIAm

#11 for Virginia screaming at the official "come on" 

Ugly Uncle

It has never happened before.  I remember in 95 when the Hogs were a 1 seed that we got all we wanted in our first round game.  Anyone else remember that?
Retired Radio Host

PonderinHog

Breems

HamIAm

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 16, 2018, 10:16:11 pm
It has never happened before.  I remember in 95 when the Hogs were a 1 seed that we got all we wanted in our first round game.  Anyone else remember that?
Weren't we a 2 seed?

alohawg

Quote from: HamIAm on March 16, 2018, 10:17:46 pm
WHat was that guy doing to his tongue??

I assume something to help with cramps?
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

010HogFan

Their offense is so smooth. They know how to dish it and kick. Our Hogs could never...

HamIAm

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 10:20:02 pm
I assume something to help with cramps?

Licking the salt off of cheese crackers?

Boardon Hamsay

You never lick Lance crackers for the salt? Kid can also trash a bag of double stuff Oreos in under 3 minutes.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

HogAlum99

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 10:18:51 pm
Weren't we a 2 seed?
Yes Texas Southern was a #15 and gave us all we wanted in Austin.

HamIAm

The shortest guy on the court picks off the pass.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

alohawg

It's happening, first time ever a 16 beats a 1. Wow  :o
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: HogAlum99 on March 16, 2018, 10:11:53 pm

I can just see the Trivial Pursuit NCAA Tourney Edition question:  On the day #1 Virginia lost to #16 UMBC what other ridiculously over-seeded 7th seed lost to #10 Butler. :-)

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: alohawg on March 16, 2018, 10:23:24 pm
It's happening, first time ever a 16 beats a 1. Wow  :o

#$@* don't jinx it. This whole @#$&ing thread is teetering on the brink....

Adam Stokes

Well Arkansas fans, today could've been much worse. We could've been Virginia.

PonderinHog

latrops

It is really going to happen.  And it isn't even close.  Sixteen beats one convincingly.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 10:18:51 pm
Weren't we a 2 seed?

Quote from: HogAlum99 on March 16, 2018, 10:22:27 pm
Yes Texas Southern was a #15 and gave us all we wanted in Austin.

Yes, you both are correct.  Scary game.
Retired Radio Host

Letsroll1200

HamIAm

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on March 16, 2018, 10:24:30 pm
#$@* don't jinx it. This whole @#$&ing thread is teetering on the brink....
But they're the better team!   :)  Not an upset!

Ugly Uncle

Virginia basketball will be involved in the two biggest upsets in basketball history...unless a miracle happens here.
Retired Radio Host

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 16, 2018, 10:26:15 pm
But they're the better team!   :)  Not an upset!

Reported to the upset police >:(  :D

HamIAm

Grabbed the jersey from behind on a breakaway, got to be a flagrant

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

RebHog

Whatever the hell that was our guys need to be constantly licking that unknown substance every second they are out of the game!

Boardon Hamsay

This has to be the penultimate d!ck punch to UVA fans. First to be a tournament worst.

PonderinHog

alohawg

Virginia manages to cut the UMBC lead to 17 with 1:51 remaining.  ;D
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️