Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson: Is this the standard for our program?

Started by Porked Tongue, March 16, 2018, 10:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Earth Hog Fan on March 17, 2018, 12:12:14 pm
Great Post, I am so glad somebody finally said it, 7 years lack of recruiting at a high level and inept coaching has doomed this Razorback Basketball team. It is past time for a change.  GO HOGS!

Someone Finally said it? Some of us have been saying since the day he was hired this is what the program would be with Mike Anderson as HC. We are called haters and racists for saying it. We have been banned from HV for saying it. IT is not new, only thing new is that some that have had shrines to Mike in their man caves have finally blown out the candles and seen that their emperor has feet of clay.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Earth Hog Fan

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 12:39:03 pm
Someone Finally said it? Some of us have been saying since the day he was hired this is what the program would be with Mike Anderson as HC. We are called haters and racists for saying it. We have been banned from HV for saying it. IT is not new, only thing new is that some that have had shrines to Mike in their man caves have finally blown out the candles and seen that their emperor has feet of clay.

And that is the very reason I've tried to stay away from jump ball. So I know you are right.
But after reading Pork Tongue's post, I just could NOT help myself.  I had to finally say something. I have never been a fan of Mike Anderson, but we have not had any success in basketball in so long and with his success at Missouri, I had hoped he would do even better at Arkansas. Long story short we know how that has turned out. But even the caves man Mike fans, they are going to have a hard time defending him now. After all, you are only as good as your performance. And Mike has proven in his 7 years, he just does not have what it takes to get the job done. With the money he is making, we can do better.  It is time for a change.  GO HOGS!

I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

Sivad

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 11:50:41 am
He was barely above Notes when the program was built.  And lead asst when it went down.  Nolan's coaching tree is a damn tumbleweed for a reason. Notice how coveted Mike's assts are.

Any other coach at Arkansas would be catching absolute hell after yesterday. 
That's a Dragnet (just the facts) post if there ever was one.

alohawg

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on March 17, 2018, 12:39:10 pm
Just about the only thing keeping the wolves at bay at this point are Mike's ties to the past.

UNLESS...

The powers that be have decided that simply averaging 20 wins a year and making the NCAA Tournament is good enough. If that is the case, so be it. Mike can do that most years. In fact, he has averaged 21.5 wins a year here and made three Tournaments in seven years (where we have gone 2-3). However, he has also won zero conference or conference tournament titles and won only two NCAA Tournament games in seven years (it is true, as someone else pointed out, that Mike has taken one team to the Elite Eight and one to the Sweet Sixteen - in 16 years as a head coach).

If the goal is to have a program more accomplished than that, we don't have the right coach in place.

I like Mike. Wanted him to be hired. Great guy, fine representative of UA.

But the cold truth is that if Mike were to retire today, his legacy as a college basketball coach would be as an assistant to someone else.

In other words, mediocre. I like him too as a man, but as the man leading the hogs, don't think so.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

rhames

Next year is going to be tough. I'm not sure he survives it. He needed a run.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

SemperFi

Great post Porked. It didn't take me long to lose interest in this team because I saw early on what I've been seeing since Anderson took over; no defense and the same crappy antiquated offense. He's not the right man for the job and the sooner we move past Anderson the faster we'll recover from season after season of mediocrity and disappointment.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

rhames

Quote from: SemperFi on March 17, 2018, 03:38:01 pm
Great post Porked. It didn't take me long to lose interest in this team because I saw early on what I've been seeing since Anderson took over; no defense and the same crappy antiquated offense. He's not the right man for the job and the sooner we move past Anderson the faster we'll recover from season after season of mediocrity and disappointment.

I understand this sentiment. I just think 3 years into the next coach, we will be saying the same things and ready to run them off. I just don't think Arkansas Basketball can get back, consistently, to the glory days.

I also think outside of maybe 10 schools, it is getting tough to make the tournament every year

Look at Oregon and South Carolina this year.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

CoachHogT

Here is how I know if we have the right coach....

Pretend Mike had the 12 best players in the NCAA. Do you think he would finish in the top 10 at the end of the season and make the final 4? If he can, he is our man. If not, he needs to go. In my opinion, he wouldn't even break the top 15 or 20. Street ball is being out-coached.

rhames

Quote from: CoachHogT on March 17, 2018, 03:44:53 pm

Pretend Mike had the 12 best players in the NCAA. Do you think he would finish in the top 10 at the end of the season and make the final 4? If he can, he is our man. If not, he needs to go. In my opinion, he wouldn't even break the top 15 or 20. Street ball is being out-coached.

No offense but that isn't how Ad's evaluate coaching performances. Sure it's easy for us fans to throw out crazy hypotheticals and then reach the conclusion we want to justify our opinions but the real world doesn't work that way.

CoachHogT

JMO. I don't claim to be an athletic director. To me, it's what you can do if you have talent. If you have all the talent in the world and can't win, what's the point. I blind man can see that Mike is not an X and O coach. Knowing this, how long do we just accept it. (I actually like Mike)

rhames

Quote from: CoachHogT on March 17, 2018, 03:52:55 pm
JMO. I don't claim to be an athletic director. To me, it's what you can do if you have talent. If you have all the talent in the world and can't win, what's the point. I blind man can see that Mike is not an X and O coach. Knowing this, how long do we just accept it. (I actually like Mike)

Oh I hear ya and I get what you're saying. Wasn't trying to come off jerky.

rude1

Quote from: CoachHogT on March 17, 2018, 03:52:55 pm
Our talent level is greatly exaggerated. Two Juco guards who are bad defensively, and a raw athletic center. The rest you throw up in the air basically. Still not an excuse in year 7, it's the HC job to get good talent on his roster.

solitons

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 16, 2018, 10:00:08 pm
I hate to seem like I'm piling on because it certainly does look like it as I type this.

I've said for a few years and it seems the right to repeat it.  Anderson's high water marks are not high enough.  A lot is made of his "no losing seasons" mantra but that doesn't give him a free pass to wallow just above the curve.  The argument is the last few years were his best years and what is the sum total of that success?

No conference titles
No conference tournament titles
2 NCAA wins.  Wofford by 3(2015) and Seton Hall (2017)

All our problems with grades and stuff are gone.
Practice facility built.

It doesn't take that long to have true success in college basketball.  He's flipped his lineup more than 3 times.  He did a great last ditch effort to save himself by getting quality out of the JUCO 2 years ago but even then it didn't max out.

I'm tired of hearing about next year and what talent is coming.  You won't convince me that the talent will ever equate to a higher level of success.

He's a good guy. Does things the right way.  But that only goes so far.

We've seen the max.  It ain't good enough.

Let's move on to the post MA stage. go hogs

LumberBacks

Look at CMA's recruiting over the past 4 years:

2015 - Witt 4*, Danbury, Jenkins
2016 - Barford 4*, Macon 4*, Cook 4* (how?), Jones, Bailey, Hazen
2017 - Gafford 4*, Hall, Osabouhein, Garland
2018 - Henderson 4*, Embery 4*, Chaney, Joe, Phillips, Sills

For the 2018-19 team, only those in bold will return or join (assuming Gaff is gone).  11 players with 5 upper classmen and 6 freshmen.  Of the upper classmen, only Jones, Bailey and Hall have seen appreciable floor time this year.  Those 3 accounted for approximately 20% of the team minutes, and 18% of the scoring.  That shouldn't surprise anyone, but that's not a significant combined production for 3 players.  The 2018-19 team will not have anyone who is a post player or can defend the post.  The offense will be run by a point guard with no collegiate experience.  Sure that may work for KY, and while some of the incoming freshmen may develop into fine players, there are no McD AA's or blue chippers.  They are all likely 4-year players.

In 4 years, the Hogs may have a solid team if they can recruit some bigs, but they will likely endure disappointing years over the next 2 or 3.  CMA probably saw Gaff as a 2-3 year player instead of what may be a one-and-done.  But how did he not have another big in the wings with the incoming class to at least serve as a backup to Gaff.  I know Reggie Perry played him for a year, but his decommit happened last summer and he still had time to lure another big.

Good coaches restock and reload, and have a plan for building consistent competitiveness - not 1 or 2 good years followed by 2-3 down years.  Next year is going to be full of growing pains, and if the results are that bad, it might be enough for a change.  We have a new AD that might not hand out hall passes like his predecessor. 

LumberBacks

Quote from: CoachHogT on March 17, 2018, 03:44:53 pm

What other coach in the SEC wouldn't coach that team to a top 10 finish?  Prob not Kennedy (irrelevant now).  Not sure about Frank Martin or Mark Fox.  Jury's out on Cuanzo.  But definitely not CMA & staff.  SEC coaching has moved up the ranks at most schools except Arkansas.   We are in better shape than we were during the Pel days.  Can thank CMA for that.  But time to take it up another couple of rungs. New coach.

oldbooniehog

For a program that last made Sweet 16 22 years ago?

YES!

EXSPAHOG

Anderson is your teenage son. You have to continually ask him to mow the yard ( get to the tourney) and are grateful when he does. But you forget to ask him and he doesn't but still pockets that allowance ($3m+) and after you remind him 5 more times he does finally move the yard when you stand there and he does now, but when you look away he takes out a flowerbed with the mower and your in a rebuilding mode in the garden.. you can still love him because you see your after ( NR ) in him but until he leaves the house don't count on the yard getting mowed

Porked Tongue

I'm just curious how some people measure failure?

When it comes to big time college athletics, it's against expectations.  You give it time to stand on its own legs then look at objectively.  At the same time, you look at teams with measurable success and see how they got there and how long it took them. Why are we not there?

We have 0 second round wins in 7 years under the current staff.  Nada.

That's not even close to what our standard should be.  We continue to water down our expectation and consequently excuse what is substandard.

I'm not a headhunter.  I'm not big on knee jerk firings.  But in a competitive environment you can't just stay in neutral. 

Find a similar school with similar history the accepts being a tick above mediocrity as their standard and I'll show you Ole Miss.  Ole Miss has the same number of first round wins(2) as Ark and same number of second round wins(0) in the same time frame. 

2006–07   Ole Miss   21–13   8–8   T–1st (West)   NIT Second Round
2007–08   Ole Miss   24–11   7–9   3rd (West)   NIT Semifinals
2008–09   Ole Miss   16–15   7–9   T–4th (West)   
2009–10   Ole Miss   24–11   9–7   T–1st (West)   NIT Semifinals
2010–11   Ole Miss   20–14   7–9   T–3rd (West)   NIT First Round
2011–12   Ole Miss   20–13   8–8   T–6th   NIT First Round
2012–13   Ole Miss   27–9   12–6   T–2nd   NCAA Round of 32
2013–14   Ole Miss   19–14   9–9   T–6th   
2014–15   Ole Miss   21–13   11–7   T–3rd   NCAA Round of 64
2015–16   Ole Miss   20–12   10–8   T–6th   
2016–17   Ole Miss   22–14   10–8   T–5th   NIT Quarterfinals
2017–18   Ole Miss   11–16   4–10

Winning record every year(talking point with Mike) until this year. Low ceiling on the good years and dead middle of the curve otherwise.

High Floor(until this year) and low ceiling.  Seems familiar.

Hell, we are Ole Miss at this point.

jchill

Quote from: LumberBacks on March 17, 2018, 04:06:13 pm
Look at CMA's recruiting over the past 4 years:

2015 - Witt 4*, Danbury, Jenkins
2016 - Barford 4*, Macon 4*, Cook 4* (how?), Jones, Bailey, Hazen
2017 - Gafford 4*, Hall, Osabouhein, Garland
2018 - Henderson 4*, Embery 4*, Chaney, Joe, Phillips, Sills

For the 2018-19 team, only those in bold will return or join (assuming Gaff is gone).  11 players with 5 upper classmen and 6 freshmen.  Of the upper classmen, only Jones, Bailey and Hall have seen appreciable floor time this year.  Those 3 accounted for approximately 20% of the team minutes, and 18% of the scoring.  That shouldn't surprise anyone, but that's not a significant combined production for 3 players.  The 2018-19 team will not have anyone who is a post player or can defend the post.  The offense will be run by a point guard with no collegiate experience.  Sure that may work for KY, and while some of the incoming freshmen may develop into fine players, there are no McD AA's or blue chippers.  They are all likely 4-year players.

In 4 years, the Hogs may have a solid team if they can recruit some bigs, but they will likely endure disappointing years over the next 2 or 3.  CMA probably saw Gaff as a 2-3 year player instead of what may be a one-and-done.  But how did he not have another big in the wings with the incoming class to at least serve as a backup to Gaff.  I know Reggie Perry played him for a year, but his decommit happened last summer and he still had time to lure another big.

Good coaches restock and reload, and have a plan for building consistent competitiveness - not 1 or 2 good years followed by 2-3 down years.  Next year is going to be full of growing pains, and if the results are that bad, it might be enough for a change.  We have a new AD that might not hand out hall passes like his predecessor. 

In all fairness, every time it seems like CMA could not replace offensive production from the previous season, his teams find a way. The team will be very successful next year and win at least 24 games.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: jchill on March 18, 2018, 10:49:35 am

In all fairness, every time it seems like CMA could not replace offensive production from the previous season, his teams find a way. The team will be very successful next year and win at least 24 games.

I agree with this as it fits his mantra of avoiding horrible seasons.

He get more out of less and less out of more.

hobhog

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 10:39:53 pm
Couldn't agree more.  But nothing is going to be done about it

Not this year. But MA has lost a lot of faithfuls. Next year he can definitely by dismissed if we fail to dance. And if he couldn't do anything with this group I don't see anyway he can with the next unless Gafford stays, which is doubtful.

hobhog

Quote from: jchill on March 18, 2018, 10:49:35 am

I'll take that bet.....

Dark Helmet Hog

The direction of Arkansas basketball was set when White nixed the hiring of Self. It hasn't changed since. Imagine where we could be now if Self would have been the coach.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on March 18, 2018, 12:32:08 pm
The direction of Arkansas basketball was set when White nixed the hiring of Self. It hasn't changed since. Imagine where we could be now if Self would have been the coach.
Probably looking for a new coach.

Dark Helmet Hog

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on March 18, 2018, 12:35:54 pm
Maybe not either.
Maybe two coaching turnovers.  16 years is a long time.  And we R-not-Kansas.

Dark Helmet Hog

March 18, 2018, 12:42:56 pm #76 Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:53:33 pm by Dark Helmet Hog
Quote from: PonderinHog on March 18, 2018, 12:40:43 pm
Maybe two coaching turnovers.  16 years is a long time.  And we R-not-Kansas.

Could be but we were on par with Kansas at that time. 16 years... you're right, it's a long time. Self may have built that here.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 12:39:03 pm

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

GuvHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 18, 2018, 12:34:58 pm
Probably looking for a new coach.

That may be true but the program would have been in far better shape when Self left than it is now.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on March 17, 2018, 03:43:11 pm

I understand this sentiment. I just think 3 years into the next coach, we will be saying the same things and ready to run them off. I just don't think Arkansas Basketball can get back, consistently, to the glory days.

I also think outside of maybe 10 schools, it is getting tough to make the tournament every year

Look at Oregon and South Carolina this year.

The difference is South Carolina made a Final Four run last year so the Gamecock faithful are taking the rebuilding season in stride.

This was to be the year (year 7) that Mike's Hogs were to make a serious run in the NCAA Tournament. They didn't even get past the first game. Mike is going to have a rebuilding season next year that he can't afford to have after this year's NCAA Tournament disappointment.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Gonzo

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 10:04:16 pm
his best year has been an elite eight and a sweet sixteen

When your argument is to cite "Well he did thus-and-so" at other schools after 7 seasons, you've already lost.

Go Hogs!

synthartist69

I hear nothing but talk from him. In regards to this tournament, he said that the experience we gained from the PK80 and SEC tournament really helped get us prepared.. LOL LOL LOL. Prepared???? Yeah we sure looked prepared! We were the first SEC team out of the tournament, not sure if any others have followed yet. All this 40 minutes of basketball or whatever he calls it is laughable. And his defensive philosophy doesn't work. That was probably our biggest problem this year, no defense for the most part. All the wide open 3's and just letting people blow past us in the lane was not defense. You will have bad shooting nights, but if you have a good defense you will usually be okay. I was a Mike Anderson supporter from the day he was hired and I am sure he is a really nice guy, but the above problems must be addressed. Man, I wish we would have hired Bruce Pearl when we had the chance but OH NO.... we couldn't do that, he would put a black eye on our program of integrity!!!!

jchill

Quote from: hobhog on March 18, 2018, 12:21:46 pm
I'll take that bet.....

I won't bet my house, but I will bet a cheeseburger...lol.

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on March 18, 2018, 12:58:15 pm
The difference is South Carolina made a Final Four run last year so the Gamecock faithful are taking the rebuilding season in stride.

This was to be the year (year 7) that Mike's Hogs were to make a serious run in the NCAA Tournament. They didn't even get past the first game. Mike is going to have a rebuilding season next year that he can't afford to have after this year's NCAA Tournament disappointment.

While you do have facts in here, I think the point I was trying to make didn't come across well.

King Kong

Nothing in your post history suggests you truly believe the subject line

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 16, 2018, 10:00:08 pm
I hate to seem like I'm piling on because it certainly does look like it as I type this.

I've said for a few years and it seems the right to repeat it.  Anderson's high water marks are not high enough.  A lot is made of his "no losing seasons" mantra but that doesn't give him a free pass to wallow just above the curve.  The argument is the last few years were his best years and what is the sum total of that success?

No conference titles
No conference tournament titles
2 NCAA wins.  Wofford by 3(2015) and Seton Hall (2017)

All our problems with grades and stuff are gone.
Practice facility built.

It doesn't take that long to have true success in college basketball.  He's flipped his lineup more than 3 times.  He did a great last ditch effort to save himself by getting quality out of the JUCO 2 years ago but even then it didn't max out.

I'm tired of hearing about next year and what talent is coming.  You won't convince me that the talent will ever equate to a higher level of success.

He's a good guy. Does things the right way.  But that only goes so far.

We've seen the max.  It ain't good enough.

No, the standard would be the 15 years prior to MA.

It doesn't take that long for true success? In college basketball, you only get a season maybe two out of the guys you can build a program around.

At Arkansas, you aren't going to sign that kind of player every year. In the one and done era, that makes ours a difficult job. There are proven coaches in this conference who aren't having "true" success.

Seen the max huh? Your idea of the max is 3 seniors with 2 years in the program,  2 four year guy who were role players, and a transfer who got kicked off the team. Also, Garland not playing was huge. It forced Barford and Macon to play a lot more minutes than they should have.

That's your max? Bad luck and and a short handed roster against the toughest schedule in Razorback basketball history.

Mjs84

I would rather do another 8 yrs with mediocre Mike, make the big dance 3 times in that span, win a total of 6 combined road games, and read stupid and rediculous MA buttkissing posts from the likes of Forrest City Joe and BannerMountainMan, than have the sleazy Bruce Pearl as our coach.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: King Kong on March 18, 2018, 05:24:09 pm
Nothing in your post history suggests you truly believe the subject line

Lol

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 18, 2018, 05:29:08 pm
No, the standard would be the 15 years prior to MA.

It doesn't take that long for true success? In college basketball, you only get a season maybe two out of the guys you can build a program around.

At Arkansas, you aren't going to sign that kind of player every year. In the one and done era, that makes ours a difficult job. There are proven coaches in this conference who aren't having "true" success.

Seen the max huh? Your idea of the max is 3 seniors with 2 years in the program,  2 four year guy who were role players, and a transfer who got kicked off the team. Also, Garland not playing was huge. It forced Barford and Macon to play a lot more minutes than they should have.

That's your max? Bad luck and and a short handed roster against the toughest schedule in Razorback basketball history.

Everything always has an excuse. It's amazing

daprospecta

Quote from: Mjs84 on March 18, 2018, 05:30:53 pm
I would rather do another 8 yrs with mediocre Mike, make the big dance 3 times in that span, win a total of 6 combined road games, and read stupid and rediculous MA buttkissing posts from the likes of Forrest City Joe and BannerMountainMan, than have the sleazy Bruce Pearl as our coach.
What leads you to believe we only make the tourney 3 out of the next 8 years when we have made it 3 out of the last 4?

steveaustin69

Quote from: daprospecta on March 18, 2018, 05:41:08 pm
What leads you to believe we only make the tourney 3 out of the next 8 years when we have made it 3 out of the last 4?

3/7

How can you watch that butt whoopin Friday and continue to sunshine pump?

daprospecta

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 18, 2018, 05:44:50 pm
3/7

How can you watch that butt whoopin Friday and continue to sunshine pump?
I'm not sunshine pumping but I'm a realist.  UVA was the overall number one seed and that got blown out by 20 by UMBC.  I know who they are because I follow college basketball but that should not happen.  This tourney should tell you that anything can and will happen. I will tell you this. Mike is one of the top 25 coaches coaching in college basketball. I'd entertain a top 15 coach but you don't replace a top 25 coach with an up and comer especially when he have better talent on the way.

steveaustin69

March 18, 2018, 05:49:33 pm #93 Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:00:19 pm by steveaustin69
Quote from: daprospecta on March 18, 2018, 05:47:42 pm
I'm not sunshine pumping but I'm a realist.  UVA was the overall number one seed and that got blown out by 20 by UMBC.  I know who they are because I follow college basketball but that should not happen.  This tourney should tell you that anything can and will happen. I will tell you this. Mike is one of the top 25 coaches coaching in college basketball. I'd entertain a top 15 coach but you don't replace a top 25 coach with an up and comer especially when he have better talent on the way.

No. No he's not. That's an absurd claim.

Izzo, Coach K, Boeheim, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Jay Wright, Tony Bennet, Pearl, Shakha Smart, Greg Marshall, Few, Bielien, Beard, Mike White, Huggins, Buzz Williams, Laranaga, Archie Miller, Sean Miller, Calipari, Scott Drew, Jamie Dixon, Leonard Hamilton, Mike Brey, Mick Cronin

Those are just off the top of my head and disregarding up and comers. He's not a top 25 coach.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daprospecta on March 18, 2018, 05:47:42 pm

You think he would make it any top 25 list now?  It's been almost a decade since he would be considered for that list. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

zenchow

No..... You're an absurd clam.....JK

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 18, 2018, 05:50:52 pm
You think he would make it any top 25 list now?  It's been almost a decade since he would be considered for that list. 
I can bet you can't name 24 better head coaches than Mike right now.  If you try to name a coach who is having a run this year and has been completely irrelevant beforehand(Porter Moser), you instantly lose incredibility.

greenEGnHAWGS

Thank GOODNESS!!! Another thread was created about someone's personal opinion on why CMA should be fired. Haven't seen one of these in ages.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hobhog

He is a nice guy. Never heard anyone say anything different.

RebHog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 18, 2018, 05:49:33 pm
No. No he's not. That's an absurd claim.

Izzo, Coach K, Boeheim, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Jay Wright, Tony Bennet, Pearl, Shakha Smart, Greg Marshall, Few, Bielien, Beard, Mike White, Huggins, Buzz Williams, Laranaga, Archie Miller, Sean Miller, Calipari, Scott Drew, Jamie Dixon, Leonard Hamilton, Mike Brey, Mick Cronin

Those are just off the top of my head and disregarding up and comers. He's not a top 25 coach.

Hell to add to this I wouldnt even put him in the top half of the SEC coaches let alone top 25 thats some strong ass kool aid being passed around!  :-\