Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Consistency or New Coach every three years? (Just wait for CEM)

Started by HeyHogs, February 21, 2018, 05:06:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you for consistency or coaching carousels?

Consistency can lead to success in some seasons
16 (30.2%)
Consistency is overrated.
12 (22.6%)
I love coaching searches!!
11 (20.8%)
The grass is always greener on the other side
6 (11.3%)
Frito pie
8 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

HeyHogs

To me Hog fans are mostly delusional when it comes to Arkansas' chances to compete year in year out in the SEC.

PharmacistHog

Theres no reason in hell that we shouldn't be able to compete year in and year out in the freakin SEC.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hawginbigd1

Yes because some of the best facilities in the country and a 1 school P5 state that produces tons of P5 talent can't compete regularly in this league! /S

Frito Pie because I dislike the options, I love consistency with the right coach. Not sure we have the right coach.

rude1

Consistency with a coach who is contending for and winning conference championships, yearly Big Dance visits foregone conclusion just working to improve seed, Sweet 16 visits normal with a threat to go to the final four. Consistency with what we are getting 7 years in? No thanks, would rather move on and try to get better.

steveaustin69

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 21, 2018, 05:09:15 pm
Theres no reason in hell that we shouldn't be able to compete year in and year out in the freakin SEC.

Agreed. This is basketball, not football. 

It's not delusional by any means to think we should compete year in year out.

1highhog

Quote from: HeyHogs on February 21, 2018, 05:06:29 pm
To me Hog fans are mostly delusional when it comes to Arkansas' chances to compete year in year out in the SEC.

I didn't vote because you didn't include "going out and hiring the best Coach available that has excellent recruiting ties and also is one of the best X's and O's out there.   Money shouldn't be a hindrance either, we can afford more than what we pay Anderson now, and he's getting paid very well for a so so record.

Boardon Hamsay

I wish we'd pull the plug on the 1994/nostalgia replication expirament as it's like driving down the road with eyes locked in to the rear view mirror. That's me though. At some point, the masses have to come to the conclusion that we have overall accepted "lower highs" as a program AND want to change that before MA goes anywhere.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Kevin

This is how our fans have been brainwashed   

So how does our track & baseball do it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Davidr295

This thread makes no sense considering it has been 7 yrs......

AlmaHog2011

Anderson is not going anywhere. He's going to be here. I sure hope that Gafford comes back or next season could be his last?? IDK..I hope we put things together here at the end but we might end up in the NIT with all these seniors. And that is bad.

hobhog

^^^^The trolls are taking advantags of our situation^^^^

hogsanity

SO now not only can we not be expected win the SEC, we are not even supposed to expect to COMPETE every year. Competing simply means being in the hunt, and we are not even supposed to expect that now.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

1highhog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 09:17:13 pm
SO now not only can we not be expected win the SEC, we are not even supposed to expect to COMPETE every year. Competing simply means being in the hunt, and we are not even supposed to expect that now.

Our basketball program should year in and out be in the top 3 programs in the SEC, "competing" to win conference titles, something that we haven't done in 20 years.

ifghog

Quote from: 1highhog on February 21, 2018, 10:10:46 pm
Our basketball program should year in and out be in the top 3 programs in the SEC, "competing" to win conference titles, something that we haven't done in 20 years.
^^^^^^this^^^^^^

hobhog

February 21, 2018, 11:09:43 pm #14 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:11:30 pm by hobhog
Trivia question for OP. How many basketball coaches have we fired after year 3?

MikePiazza

Mike Anderson isn't the man for the job.

To borrow a line from Walter Cronkite, if you've lost Jump Ball, you've lost America.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

LR_Matt

What makes should think we should be competing since we haven't done it in 20 years?

Why "should" Arkansas be in the top 3? In my eyes recruiting, coaching, current play doesn't make me think we should compete. It is just because we have a nice (but small) arena?

MountieDawg

Nobody wants a coach carousel... People would love a really good coach that would get the team to the tourney 4 out of 5 years and at minimum a sweet 16 in one of those 4.... The poll question is irrelevant
SEC!

hogsanity

Consistency is fine IF it is a consistently acceptable level. Hogs do not even have that. No post season in Mike's 1st 2 seasons, then NIT, then NCAA, then Nothing, then NCAAT as a 9 seed, and this yr TBD. And next yr looks like a very real possibility of no post season ( 6 or 7 new comers and almost all of the scoring gone ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Smolder

Quote from: LR_Matt on February 22, 2018, 08:33:11 am
What makes should think we should be competing since we haven't done it in 20 years?

Why "should" Arkansas be in the top 3? In my eyes recruiting, coaching, current play doesn't make me think we should compete. It is just because we have a nice (but small) arena?

Bud Walton is actually one of the largest college basketball arenas in the country. I believe it is the 10th biggest by capacity. May not be the Carrier Dome but definitely not small.

steveaustin69

Quote from: LR_Matt on February 22, 2018, 08:33:11 am

BWA is one of the largest basketball venues in the nation.

Why "should" anyone besides Kentucky and Florida consistently be ahead of us?

phadedhawg

we consistently under perform and no I don't think that will lead to eventual success. 

However, frito pie will never let you down.

AlmaHog2011

Only Kentucky should be ahead of us in the SEC. I don't care what all the people on here talking down about Arkansas. Not sure if Mike is going to get it done anymore.

We might be about to end this season on a 5 game losing streak. Gafford probably leaving and we will suck next year.

HeyHogs

Quote from: 1highhog on February 21, 2018, 05:42:00 pm
I didn't vote because you didn't include "going out and hiring the best Coach available that has excellent recruiting ties and also is one of the best X's and O's out there.   Money shouldn't be a hindrance either, we can afford more than what we pay Anderson now, and he's getting paid very well for a so so record.
With the football hire Arkansas proved they are not willing to hire the best coach available.

HeyHogs

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 09:05:09 pm
^^^^The trolls are taking advantags of our situation^^^^
You can take your comment and shove it.