Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michael Porter Jr

Started by mizzouman, February 09, 2018, 07:44:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Might be cleared next week to play. We will see.

mizzouman

Has been working with strength & conditioning and will see the doctor today.  If cleared for contact practice, he will still not play against LSU Saturday.  Very, very doubtful for Ole Miss on Tuesday.  Best bet is he plays against Kentucky but most certainly against Vandy and Arkansas.

99toLife

I hope he plays, but if he does it will be to play with his brother a few more games before he gets drafted

bjeffersonhog

Whoever he has lined up to be his agent is going to do everything they can to convince him not to play.  Very little to gain and millions to lose.

99toLife

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on February 15, 2018, 04:20:57 pm
Whoever he has lined up to be his agent is going to do everything they can to convince him not to play.  Very little to gain and millions to lose.

I would have to agree with your post, I think only bad things can happen. 

navyhog24

Rumor that Michael Porter, Jr has been cleared and will begin practice with the team. The supposed return date will be March 3 against the Hogs.

hawganatic

Awesome!!!  We either win the game, or we have our built in excuse for.losing.

It's a win-win...

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

pigroots

Our odds of winning just went up if this is the case...chemistry is key to a teams success and I've got a feeling they'll all be keyed in on Porter that day rather than what they've been doing.
Of course it is a road game so our chances will have to go up dramatically to get a win

311Hog

man i hope that kid doesn't cost himself millions of dollars by doing this.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: pigroots on February 22, 2018, 03:17:23 pm
Our odds of winning just went up if this is the case...chemistry is key to a teams success and I've got a feeling they'll all be keyed in on Porter that day rather than what they've been doing.
Of course it is a road game so our chances will have to go up dramatically to get a win

I agree. I don't care if his brother is in the team, who likes anybody showing up to play the last game of the season?

GuvHog

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2018, 03:20:53 pm

That makes no sense to me. Why, after sitting out almost an entire season, would he come back for one game and blow an entire extra year of eligibility?? I'd ride the pine and take my chances next year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Breems

Quote from: pigroots on February 22, 2018, 03:17:23 pm

I actually agree. But still don't think we will win.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

99toLife

Quote from: 311Hog on February 22, 2018, 03:20:53 pm

Exactly, he gets reinjured it could be POOF, no money.  I wouldn't play him.  but I think he wants to play a few games in college with his brother before heading to the NBA.

99toLife

Quote from: GuvHog on February 22, 2018, 04:01:48 pm
That makes no sense to me. Why, after sitting out almost an entire season, would he come back for one game and blow an entire extra year of eligibility?? I'd ride the pine and take my chances next year.

GUV he is a freshman and projected at this time as a 6-8 pick in the draft after only playing 2 minutes this year. Don't think college eligibility comes into play at all.

onebadrubi

Kid isn't worried about is eligibility "clock". 

Atlhogfan1

Doubt he has a huge impact.  But he could hit a few shots.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

99toLife

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 04:19:53 pm

I agree, but he is a player. Would be fun to see him and his brother on the court at the same time. 6-10 and 6-11 freshman.

I still think it's not in the kids best interest.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 22, 2018, 04:19:53 pm

having another big with 5 fouls would create an issue.  Their current issue is what bigs they have getting in foul trouble.  They can hit three's at home pretty well, so getting that extra 5 fouls from a talented big might be worth more than him scoring many or any points. 

99toLife

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 22, 2018, 04:29:33 pm
having another big with 5 fouls would create an issue.  Their current issue is what bigs they have getting in foul trouble.  They can hit three's at home pretty well, so getting that extra 5 fouls from a talented big might be worth more than him scoring many or any points.

Excellent point. Mizzou does have serious problems with their big guys getting in foul trouble in almost every game.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 22, 2018, 04:29:33 pm

Good point.  If nothing else, he could eat some minutes. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

99toLife

No Matter if the kid plays or not I think when the time comes, this game will be BIG for both teams.. bad thing is it's a home game for Mizzou. But hey they have gagged a few times at home this year. 

GuvHog

Quote from: 99toLife on February 22, 2018, 04:07:28 pm
GUV he is a freshman and projected at this time as a 6-8 pick in the draft after only playing 2 minutes this year. Don't think college eligibility comes into play at all.

He's not going that high after sitting out practically all season with an injury. It's better to ride the pine then come back next year and take his chances with the 2019 NBA Draft.

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 22, 2018, 04:07:58 pm
Kid isn't worried about is eligibility "clock". 

Which is just plain silly. If he just happens to get hurt again in that game, his Draft prospects would be blown to Hades. It's smarter to come back next year and opt for the 2019 NBA Draft.

99toLife

Quote from: GuvHog on February 22, 2018, 04:45:30 pm
He's not going that high after sitting out practically all season with an injury. It's better to ride the pine then come back next year and take his chances with the 2019 NBA Draft.

GUV ( 6-8 ) first round is where he is projected NOW. He's not coming back to college.

The_Iceman

February 22, 2018, 04:50:26 pm #26 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:01:46 am by The_Iceman
He is going to torch Mediocre Mike's poor defense.

razorback1829

mizzouman

Not sure he plays but Mizzou can put 6'3, 6'7, 6'10, 6'10 and 6'11 on the floor at the same time.

razorpimp

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 22, 2018, 04:50:26 pm
He is going to touch Mediocre Mike's poor defense.

Porter was a 6-8 pick before the Hogs, we will make him a 2-4 pick!!!! 😂

Letsroll1200

Michael Porter will be in the NBA next year.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on February 22, 2018, 04:48:37 pm
Which is just plain silly. If he just happens to get hurt again in that game, his Draft prospects would be blown to Hades. It's smarter to come back next year and opt for the 2019 NBA Draft.

Dude would still have three years.  He isn't playing NCAA ball three more years.  He will test NBA waters and hope to be given a flyer like Joel with the 76ers was

onebadrubi

Quote from: razorpimp on February 22, 2018, 06:06:20 pm
Porter was a 6-8 pick before the Hogs, we will make him a 2-4 pick!!!! 😂

His nba draft film will be a highlight real only against Arkansas. 

Inhogswetrust

Duh....he isn't planning on having to worry about any more years playing in college.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

King Kong

Maybe not. But every current NBA Mock draft disagrees with you.

RacinRazorback

The kid is coming out in him! If he were smart he would enter the NBA be a lottery pick and cash out! If he were to get hurt or has a bad 2 or 3 games at mizzoury he could cost himself millions $$$$$! As for us, we weren't winning that game anyway so it shouldn't matter to us either way. Maybe this will inspire us to do something we generally don't do....play inspired ball on the road! Go get that W! WPS!

Sharky

I feel like everyone on here always takes extremist positions. Odds are he won't get much playing time since he's just been cleared. Given that he's been gone so long, he probably won't have much of an impact.

BannerMountainMan

It'll be like the Ben Simmons situation he will do to much and hurt the team, bet on it.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

steveaustin69

Ah. Yes. Another GuvHog fact.

Ever heard of Nerlens Noel, Joel Embiid, etc.?

He will leave and he will go high.

Busta_Nutt

Guv - c'mon now. Just do a little bit of research for us one time. It's so easy. Google is your friend.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 22, 2018, 02:53:57 pm
Rumor that Michael Porter, Jr has been cleared and will begin practice with the team. The supposed return date will be March 3 against the Hogs.

He will be rusty and out of playing shape. Not a big deal at all.

WillsWorld

We were gonna lose to them anyway even if they didn't have Porter. We barely beat them without him at home.

99toLife

Quote from: WillsWorld on February 23, 2018, 11:14:34 am
We were gonna lose to them anyway even if they didn't have Porter. We barely beat them without him at home.
It will probably be a huge game for both the Hogs and Mizzou. I see Mizzou folding and losing in a close game as they have a pattern of lately  no matter if Porter JR. plays or not.

Hawg Red

Seems a bit risky to me. I'll believe it when I see it.

sickboy

Well, with the FBI story that just dropped, every team with a star player might be screwed.

Jim Harris

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 22, 2018, 03:12:33 pm
You can't tell me we aren't cursed

you're only cursed if you believe you're cursed.

Arkansas is like everybody else.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

lynbug

Quote from: Hawg Red link=topic=657785.msg11399634#msg11399634 date=1?519406407
Seems a bit risky to me. I'll believe it when I see it.
IF he does play how much damage could he do after sitting all season.  I know he has worked out, whatever, but still.....I think the rest of the team will provide plenty to focus on.  Of course, I am forgetting that we're talking a bout the pre-season POTY, right?

99toLife

Quote from: lynbug on February 23, 2018, 12:04:13 pm
IF he does play how much damage could he do after sitting all season.  I know he has worked out, whatever, but still.....I think the rest of the team will provide plenty to focus on.  Of course, I am forgetting that we're talking a bout the pre-season POTY, right?

You may be shocked, His rusty is probably pretty awesome.  Doubt he plays though.

mizzouman

MPJ starts practice today.  If or when he'll see action depends on how he does in practice.  MPJ will play this year if Cuonzo feels he's ready.

In player interviews, they all say that the only person who dominated practice during the preseason was MPJ.