Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Challenge schedule

Started by Atlhogfan1, January 24, 2018, 01:15:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

Georgia takes a 5 point lead with 6 minutes to go, decides not to score for 5 minutes. *facepalm* Down by 5 with a minute to go.

Bama up on Oklahoma by 7 with 5 to go.

99toLife

jjdlc

Bama taking down OU is a surprise, good and bad thing.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 27, 2018, 02:54:47 pm
Georgia takes a 5 point lead with 6 minutes to go, decides not to score for 5 minutes. *facepalm* Down by 5 with a minute to go.

Bama up on Oklahoma by 7 with 5 to go.

Story of Uga's season of late. Can't finish. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 27, 2018, 03:09:22 pm
Story of Uga's season of late. Can't finish.
They're a tough out though.

Adam Stokes

Vandy wins to tie things up 3-3, beating TCU by 3. Biggest upset of the day so far. With both games late into the 2nd half, Kansas is likely going to beat A&M and Tennessee will likely beat Iowa State, leaving things at 4-4. Doing better than expected thanks to the Vandy upset.

All that remains is OSU @ Ark and UK at WV. We should win, so it looks like it'll be up to Kentucky to push us over the top. Sagarin only gives them a 26% chance of winning.

raz1965

Figure this things ends in a tie, I'm assuming the hogs win. I sure hope so.

Letsroll1200

The grass is not always greener on the other side. Tennessee is punishing Iowa State.

hogsmash12

Quote from: razobak on January 24, 2018, 02:16:50 pm
So, by my preditions, I've got Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas winning. That's a 4-6 record. I know the SEC is stronger this year than it has been but I just don't see us winning much more than that.

Florida is tough to beat at home and I don't think Baylor has the horses to do it.
Texas Tech is ranked and just beat OK State, though I could see S. Carolina knocking them off at home with physical, foul-inducing Frank Martin ball. Unlikely though, IMO.
Ole Miss could potentially go on the road and knock off Texas, but I don't see a 11-9 team that lost to South Dakota State, Middle Tennessee, and Illinois State beating the Horns on the road. They have been playing better of late, so I could be wrong.
K-State has beaten OU and TCU handily at home, and came within one point of knocking off Kansas on the road. I don't see them losing to UGA at home.
Oklahoma has Trae Young and Alabama has Collin Sexton, who has been hobbled lately. If Sexton is healthy, I give them a shot at home. Still going with OU though.
TCU was very recently ranked, and just knocked off WVU, but other than that their win column is filled with cupcakes. Vanderbilt, however, is terrible this year.
Tenner should be able to go on the road and knock off Iowa State, another team whose win column is filled with nothing but cupcakes. If they play as physical and tenacious as they did against us at BWA, they'll win by double digits.
A month ago, I would've pegged TA&M v. Kansas as the premier matchup of the weekend, but the Aggies have had the wheels fall off since the start of SEC play. No way they're going to Allen Fieldhouse and winning on Saturday.
I picked Kentucky in the upset over West Virginia but that could go either way. They will be the underdog in that one for sure but I have a gut feeling that UK will be able to grab that win.
And finally, OK State at Arkansas. If we play like we did against LSU we will lose. I don't think we will. I think last night's road win and last weekend's hard fought Ole Miss win have galvanized the team and they will come out firing on all cylinders. I foresee something like the Minnesota game happening on Saturday in the Bud.

Auburn, Miss State, Mizzou, and LSU are not participating. If they were, instead of UGA, Vandy, SCar, and Ole Miss, I'd swing my predicted 4-6 record around to 6-4.

The media and selection board committee cannot put too much weight on this "challenge" for this reason.  If the Big 12 (actually 10 teams) cannot expand to live up to it's name sake then these matchups should be more fluid (tournament style).  The 4 SEC teams with the worst records are out.

Atlhogfan1

Only surprising result is Vandy and not too much given no Fisher for tcu.  Bama win was good.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.