Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Coach Mike Anderson

Started by ClubJunxHog, January 10, 2018, 11:21:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ClubJunxHog

I have not been a fan of Mike Anderson since Day One.

!LENGTHY READ!

Recruiting: Sure some hopeful and Mike defender fans will say Mike has landed the latest batch of recruits in Arkansas, albeit they're 3 stars (Lord help us if we don't land 3 stars at the flagship program). He's missed out on three program altering players in Archie Godwin, KeVaughn Allen, and Malik Monk. So in recruiting top tier in state players he's 2 of 5 (discounting Beard 4 star status due to clear bust and legal issues).

Road woes: Mike Anderson has won a total of 31% of his road games during his tenure at the University of Arkansas. Many fans like to throw out the first few seasons of his career here due to the "dumpster fire" state of the program. HOWEVER, those same fans LOVED to bring up Bret's similar woes in his firing situation even though the year prior to Bret's arrival was sure fire dumpster fire status (different sport I know, but still).

Character Issues: This is a point that is rarely brought up, yet should be publicized more. Mike Anderson coaches, typically, around 15 young men a year. 15. Our football program generally runs around 80 young men. The basketball team has had more major legal issues than the football team despite the mass difference in amount of players. Three players were named in a counterfeit scam, a major federal crime. Another was just reinstated during the midsts of an assault and battery investigation. This shows a lack of leadership and discipline from the top of the program.

Coaching Late Games: Many fans are aware of the in game late coaching nightmares that occur seemingly every time the Hogs are in a tough battle. How recent? Mississippi State road game. 18 seconds left and the play out of the timeout, is a step back 30 footer for Macon. Miss. St then misses both free throws, 6 seconds left, no timeout called and Beard misses a three pointer. Ball game. Many games have been lost due to Mikes sheer inability to coach crucial plays down the stretch.

It's time for a new start in Bud Walton Arena, the Palace of Mid America. A half filled palace during the majority of Mike's stay.