Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James Foster

Started by 501Ben, January 08, 2018, 06:49:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

501Ben

logand02

Interesting comment by a Clemson fan.

Reservoir Hogs

Now if Watson could just call him and give a lil nudge toward the hogs and CCM that'd be great...

Seriously, how does that work?  I know supposedly we cannot have Dmac go out and recruit for us being a former player here and all.  But since Watson didn't go here to those rules still apply?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: logand02 on January 08, 2018, 08:22:34 pm
Interesting comment by a Clemson fan.
LOL.. You beat me to it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Wildhog

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on January 09, 2018, 01:47:20 pm
Now if Watson could just call him and give a lil nudge toward the hogs and CCM that'd be great...

Seriously, how does that work?  I know supposedly we cannot have Dmac go out and recruit for us being a former player here and all.  But since Watson didn't go here to those rules still apply?

Who cares?  Make it happen.  NCAA violations be darned.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: Wildhog on January 09, 2018, 02:35:53 pm
Who cares?  Make it happen.  NCAA violations be darned.

fully agreed... just curious.   I believe it is Auburn who is notorious for recruits bumping into former players on campus visits.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on January 09, 2018, 03:13:53 pm
fully agreed... just curious.   I believe it is Auburn who is notorious for recruits bumping into former players on campus visits.

Yeah Bo Jackson and Michael Dyer had one helluva night. I remember Dyer saying so with a fat girl in his lap. I really remember the "Ain't no Arkansas up in here" remark...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

jackflash

why not offer these prospect all the can no, a few might say yes

farmhawg

Here is a big difference from the last coach, I remember fans commenting on glad he was gone and to look out for this. Smu and Clemson fans have all been positive. Nice change.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Wildhog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 12, 2018, 09:23:38 am
Here is a big difference from the last coach, I remember fans commenting on glad he was gone and to look out for this. Smu and Clemson fans have all been positive. Nice change.

Agreed.  That's usually a pretty decent indicator.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

AugustaHog

Quote from: farmhawg on January 12, 2018, 09:23:38 am
I still remember saying this to every OM fan I met when they "stole" the Hooter from us.  They only remembered the success he had against them and failed to see the sliminess that was HDN.  They were very smug after back to back Cotton Bowls, but were a lot quieter after he left them in ruin.  I was probably like those same folks as I was drinking the Kool Aid on CBB.  Looking back, those Wisconsin folks couldn't have been more right.  It is quite telling, as you say, that Morris is well thought of and both of those fanbases hated to see him leave.

kaki

Quote from: AugustaHog on January 12, 2018, 09:33:03 am
I still remember saying this to every OM fan I met when they "stole" the Hooter from us.  They only remembered the success he had against them and failed to see the sliminess that was HDN.  They were very smug after back to back Cotton Bowls, but were a lot quieter after he left them in ruin.  I was probably like those same folks as I was drinking the Kool Aid on CBB.  Looking back, those Wisconsin folks couldn't have been more right.  It is quite telling, as you say, that Morris is well thought of and both of those fanbases hated to see him leave.
don't believe this is apples to apples, letting your feelings about Bielema cloud the facts.  The Wisconsin fans were butt hurt about how it looked for their self described superior program losing their coach to inferior hillbilly Arkansas.  SMU fans recognize that program can be a stepping stone program.

farmhawg

Quote from: kaki on January 12, 2018, 11:22:36 am
don't believe this is apples to apples, letting your feelings about Bielema cloud the facts.  The Wisconsin fans were butt hurt about how it looked for their self described superior program losing their coach to inferior hillbilly Arkansas.  SMU fans recognize that program can be a stepping stone program.
Not True at all. Maybe you go back and read what they posted.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

kaki

Quote from: farmhawg on January 12, 2018, 11:29:06 am
not really worth the effort, more than capable of moving on. 

redeye

Quote from: farmhawg on January 12, 2018, 11:29:06 am

I think you're both right.  It looked bad for Wisconsin.  They'd just been to 3 Rose Bowls, so of course they were upset when we took their coach.  But if you listened to the fans, it was obvious that some of them had real problems with Bielema before he left.

mizzouman

Former Mizzou commit. Struggled at the Elite 8 but has tons of talent. Very good player.

jgphillips3

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 14, 2018, 06:54:51 pm
And Chad Morris is the Gerry Faust (never winning more than seven games in a season) of Razorback football -- until proven otherwise -- but these things happen.

That was Bielema.  He never won more than 7 regular season games. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 14, 2018, 06:54:51 pm
And Chad Morris is the Gerry Faust (never winning more than seven games in a season) of Razorback football -- until proven otherwise -- but these things happen.

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on January 15, 2018, 12:33:55 am
At AR.

Faust and Morris have never done it in their career.

Actually Morris will have to be proven a Faust more than prove that he is not. Morris also was not hired from the High School ranks by his Alma Mater like some wanted to do with Gus. Morris at least had college Coordinator experience prior to being hired as a head coach. Using your same argument you could say he's the next Saban until he proves otherwise...

fullfan

Any information regarding Foster or just more coaching discussions?

ricepig

Quote from: fullfan on January 15, 2018, 07:12:12 am
Any information regarding Foster or just more coaching discussions?

Nothing more than we're about #6-10 on his list of possibilities.

Richard Davenport

Arkansas is a legit contender.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 15, 2018, 12:14:13 am
That was Bielema.  He never won more than 7 regular season games.
exactly. we JUST had fat bert and the worst ever Hog defense. It WILL be better than it has been, that is too easy. They sucked b/c coaching, not talent.

Regular Hog fans will love them some Morris. These haters will melt away.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 15, 2018, 11:42:39 am

One would think you would have to get an official visit in order to be a legit contender?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 15, 2018, 11:42:39 am

This is great news.  I'm interested to see how Morris is as a closer on these guys.  Sure everybody swings and misses, but I want to see if he can seal the deal.  I believe he can and will.
Retired Radio Host

RedyorNot

Just reading  the articles about him it sure seems like Bama is the team to beat. They don't have a QB signed, he said they are one of the ones recruiting him the hardest and his Momma re tweets a lot of Bama stuff.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: RedyorNot on January 15, 2018, 12:14:26 pm
Just reading  the articles about him it sure seems like Bama is the team to beat. They don't have a QB signed, he said they are one of the ones recruiting him the hardest and his Momma re tweets a lot of Bama stuff.

Great! Well there goes that. >:(

onebadrubi

Quote from: RedyorNot on January 15, 2018, 12:14:26 pm

Did he watch the National Championship?  They have their QB for the next 2 years for sure, possibly 3.  Oh and they don't have an OC.  haha