Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DC dominoes starting to fall faster

Started by runninrazorback, January 05, 2018, 11:22:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigmania

Arkansas will be the last team to announce. We'll scrape the bottom of the barrel and which ever DC is left over, we'll announce his hire and then declare him as the best DC in the country.

King Kong

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 12:34:44 pm
Arkansas will be the last team to announce. We'll scrape the bottom of the barrel and which ever DC is left over, we'll announce his hire and then declare him as the best DC in the country.

Yeah it's still Chavis

Sho Nuff

Here is what I don't understand - if it is Chavis, and A&M has already hired the guy from Notre Dame, why haven't we announced Chavis?

LZH

We're like Hendrix wanting to be the last one on stage at Woodstock. Problem was, he didn't figure on going on at 9:00 am a day late when almost all of the kids were either gone or totally passed out.

Woops.....

Redhogs

If our past is any indication...then yes.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DeWayne R

Quote from: Sho Nuff on January 05, 2018, 12:37:18 pm
Here is what I don't understand - if it is Chavis, and A&M has already hired the guy from Notre Dame, why haven't we announced Chavis?

Maybe he hasn't decided on the Hogs yet.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

parallaxpig

Lay down, everything will be ok.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ShadowTheHedgehog

Is that already officially a done deal? contracts signed etc?

pigmania

Unlike Arkansas, many of these schools have played a bowl game and they can still fill their coaching vacancies faster than Arkansas can.

ricepig

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 12:42:22 pm
Unlike Arkansas, many of these schools have played a bowl game and they can still fill their coaching vacancies faster than Arkansas can.

Apparently, Morris is slower than Bielema on naming a coaching staff. It's that, or he said he would announce them all at once.

ArkansasI

Arkansas will be the last team to announce. We’ll scrape the bottom of the barrel and which ever DC is left over, we’ll announce his hire and then declare him as the best DC in the country.

There's probably only a couple guys that are genius enough to figure this thing out.  Seems the best/smartest guys have the best players.

Appears to me that Chavis may have lost some intellect since he was at Tennessee and LSU.  Or maybe the group he coached with at those places recruited better.

I'm a little frustrated at the idea that there's a guy that's going to turn things around.  The truth is, Arkansas needs a collection of guys that can improve the talent on the Hill.  Venables has a story he can sell to recruit.  Chavis... we can hope.  Anyone else Chad brings in will have to be salesmen.  I think there are a lot of salesmen out there and am curious who wants the job.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Or worse.. We already have our guy and a bunch of idiots will believe that we failed no matter what. There really are people here who believe that since CCM said he'd get "The Best" that if he doesn't that makes him a liar and they will complain. Question is, Who IS the best..? Every opinion that is not actually the hire will be pooched lipped and bitchy...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2018, 12:44:21 pm
Apparently, Morris is slower than Bielema on naming a coaching staff. It's that, or he said he would announce them all at once.

Seems to be the latter. The only reason we know of the other staff additions is because they've been active on Twitter. Does Chavis even have a twitter account?

Dropkick

Maybe Jerry hasn't decided who he wants as DC yet...............

nchogg

Everyone is in such a hurry. Let Coach do his job. He probably has many things under wraps and I love it. All the speculation will never stop and I hope he keeps things close to his vest. Go Hogs!

PorkBilly

Hmmmm. Grown ups sitting on a computer website wanting answers to their questions, most of whom haven't a clue to real world college recruiting, hiring/firing qualified people for coaches, or managing millions of dollars. This once was a site I visited to get thoughtful opinions and information (good/bad) about Ark football. Now you get silly photos, videos, and negative, irrelevent hogwash. What happened?

Tony Perkis

Quote from: PorkBilly on January 05, 2018, 01:12:35 pm
Hmmmm. Grown ups sitting on a computer website wanting answers to their questions, most of whom haven't a clue to real world college recruiting, hiring/firing qualified people for coaches, or managing millions of dollars. This once was a site I visited to get thoughtful opinions and information (good/bad) about Ark football. Now you get silly photos, videos, and negative, irrelevent hogwash. What happened?
We all didn't grow up to be as cool as you.  :(

The_Bionic_Pig

As long as the coaches are communicating with 2018 recruits at the end of the dead period. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Uncle Remus

I'm on board with the new head Hog, but I must admit, I am a bit baffled at the lack of announcements of any of the coaching positions.  I agree with previous posters that if it's Chavis, I don't understand what the hold up is.  The only thing I can think of is that they are in the process of negotiating any buyouts, contractual issues that may be precluding them from announcing officially.  I'm just ready to have the coaching circus tents folded up and on down the road.

Uncle Remus

Quote from: PorkBilly on January 05, 2018, 01:12:35 pm

People take the topic off the subject and start questioning the other posters about credibility, inside jokes, and criticizing the general direction of the board... ::)

PORKULATOR

well aren't you just a ray of freakin sunshine.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgtime

i know it is weird.  I am anxious but still hoping for the best outcome.  we need a good defensive base and great coaches to stick it to the other teams.  I LOVE LOVE offense, but we need a very capable defense to make it over the TOP.

why are we so deliberate, why aren't we making some splashes?

go hogs!

cram224

Quote from: King Kong on January 05, 2018, 12:36:58 pm
Yeah it’s still Chavis
What if Chavis is waiting on the best offer. A lot of good schools looking for DC.

pigmania

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 05, 2018, 01:26:38 pm
well aren't you just a ray of freakin sunshine.
Not trying to be a negative Nancy, but we should have had a DC named before a bowl team has their DC named. It's not like we were distracted by a bowl game.

Uncle Remus

So how credible is the media outlet that reported that he was in and on the job?  Is it the same folks that named Gragg as the new AD?

pigmania

Quote from: Uncle Remus on January 05, 2018, 01:37:10 pm
So how credible is the media outlet that reported that he was in and on the job?  Is it the same folks that named Gragg as the new AD?
I trust the media outlet as much as I trust Hogville posters and their reliable "sources".

Hawginj

We haven't announced one single assistant coach as of today not one!

redhogchilipepper

Maybe the coach still has a bowl game to play. Coach did say he would make the hire after bowls were over

Just saying

DeltaBoy

Relax the hire will be in here soon enough.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Mr Jade

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on January 05, 2018, 01:45:02 pm
Maybe the coach still has a bowl game to play. Coach did say he would make the hire after bowls were over

Just saying

So hopefully after Monday?
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Al Boarland

I'm going with the theory that they are waiting to make a big splash with assistant coaches. I don't think it will be a big splash outside of the spin job people will put on it, but I'm guessing that's the idea.

I just don't see 4/5 star defensive players jumping in the boat after some kind of grandios press conference.

pigmania

Quote from: Hawginj on January 05, 2018, 01:43:32 pm
We haven't announced one single assistant coach as of today not one!
Exactly! That's been my concern, but we have these smart a$$, know it all's on here, who criticize you for questioning why we haven't named one single assistant coach yet.

pigmania

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on January 05, 2018, 01:45:02 pm

Just saying
We're not hiring anyone from Bama or UGA as our DC. SMDH!

Tyro3

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 01:52:01 pm

You don't understand sarcasm much.

yojoe75

I saw someone, maybe on SEC Country, talking about the reason they have not named Chavis is because they think we are still trying to get someone better and he is a fall back option.  That is fine with me but with signing day about a month away, I would think it would make more sense to officially name your coaches that you have so far to help with the recruiting.  Supposedly we missed out on a few in state guys because they didn't have the relationship with the coaches.  The longer this drags out the less time the new coaches have to build that relationship.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 01:52:01 pm

I was making light of the whole situation. You don't think money could lure an assistant away? If you think it won't think again Batman. Now do I really think that's what we're waiting for? Hell no

redhogchilipepper

Hawginj

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 01:50:35 pm
Exactly! That's been my concern, but we have these smart a$$, know it all's on here, who criticize you for questioning why we haven't named one single assistant coach yet.
pretty much. But through various outlets we know this.
1 the entire offensive staff came with CM to Arkansas minus TE coach who more than likely is Lunney.
2. Chavis is DC, Caldwell and John Scott are D line coaches
3. The recruiting staff all came from SMU except one kid Sparos that came from Clemson
4. The head strength coach more than likely is coming from SMU
5. The only coaches we dont know yet are either another LB coach or the 2 DB coaches and the 10th coach.

redleg

Because Morris and the UA don't do things on the Hogville timetable.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: Hawginj on January 05, 2018, 02:03:44 pm
1 the entire offensive staff came with CM to Arkansas minus TE coach who more than likely is Lunney.
3. The recruiting staff all came from SMU except one kid Sparos that came from Clemson
5. The only coaches we dont know yet are either another LB coach or the 2 DB coaches and the 10th coach.
Ooh! Joby what are you saying? That our coach may know what he's doing and didn't tell the HV experts

snoblind

It's all set, but HC and the staff ae having so much fun listening to/reading folks calling in to talk shows and posting on message boards they decided to hold off on announcements for the entertainment.

pigmania

Quote from: Hawginj on January 05, 2018, 02:03:44 pm
As much as the Razorback fan base is on edge about the future of the football program, you would think they would throw out some info to help ease some of the tension that the fan base is feeling. The longer they keep silent, the higher the fan's stress level rises. 

nwahogfan1

might be over money or guaranteed number of years in the contract?

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 05, 2018, 12:48:03 pm
Or worse.. We already have our guy and a bunch of idiots will believe that we failed no matter what. There really are people here who believe that since CCM said he'd get "The Best" that if he doesn't that makes him a liar and they will complain. Question is, Who IS the best..? Every opinion that is not actually the hire will be pooched lipped and bitchy...
Don't bring out logic...Bring out the nose/eye tissue and the Depends.    "GO HOGS"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: DeWayne R on January 05, 2018, 12:40:15 pm
Maybe he hasn't decided on the Hogs yet.

I'm beginning to wonder about this ... I'm starting to think somewhere between offering him the job and today someone else has called him about a job - perhaps the NFL - someone ... and he's seeing who flinches first with his buyout.

opineonswine

Same reason we haven't announced the others.

Hawginj

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on January 05, 2018, 02:09:26 pm
Ooh! Joby what are you saying? That our coach may know what he's doing and didn't tell the HV experts
lol exactly

Hawginj

Quote from: pigmania on January 05, 2018, 02:13:31 pm
As much as the Razorback fan base is on edge about the future of the football program, you would think they would throw out some info to help ease some of the tension that the fan base is feeling. The longer they keep silent, the higher the fan's stress level rises.
I know right!

Pig in the Pokey

seek therapy
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang