Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry Coach Morris....

Started by razorpimp, January 01, 2018, 03:14:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Acehawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 01, 2018, 10:11:20 pm
Please tell me what you are comparing this games offense to clemsons when?   

I'm not researching it.  Let me know what you find out.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Acehawg on January 01, 2018, 10:14:34 pm
I'm not researching it.  Let me know what you find out.

Lol so you made a completely baseless comment to infer that clemsons offensive success of late is because of Morris when he wasn't even there.  Geeze what a good contribution to this place

Acehawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 01, 2018, 10:33:54 pm
Lol so you made a completely baseless comment to infer that clemsons offensive success of late is because of Morris when he wasn't even there.  Geeze what a good contribution to this place

It is what it is.  Prove it isn't if you want to argue.  I'm watching the ballgame.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Acehawg on January 01, 2018, 10:36:25 pm
It is what it is.  Prove it isn't if you want to argue.  I'm watching the ballgame.

You won't even clarify what you are saying.  Tells how intelligent your comment was

Tylerhog

How bout we win a few games then start talkn shiite.....

HognitiveDissonance

There are pros and cons to everything.
Con: Ark didn't land its #1 target, Gus Malzahn.
Pro: But it didn't have to pay $7mm for a football coach which is absurd.

But slow down, because we still have an opportunity to grossly overpay about $1.5mm for a d-coordinator in Chavis. So let's see how that turns out. I say hire him, but give $750K and let him earn it.

HogRealism

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 01, 2018, 03:26:58 pm
Not sure how good Morris is or will be, but i know gus ain't worth 7 million. That's full retard dumb of auburn

Double ditto

FrozenHam

Quote from: Tuskarilla on January 01, 2018, 05:31:59 pm
R-word.org
Not cool using that word in that manner. Not cool at all!

Agreed.  Thanks for speaking up!

ALLVOL

OP I agree and when Hogs were in hot pursuit of Gus I was nervous. I don't know Gus and never met him. But I see him now and always have seen him as a Friday night coach. So in my eyes he will always be Friday Night Lights Gus.

(Nothing wrong with HS coaches)

ALLVOL

Quote from: lumphog on January 01, 2018, 04:54:04 pm
and Eddie Munster at LSU. Dumbest AD in history
While he is a terrible AD. I have to play the "John Currie Card" and that Trumps all.

oldhawg

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 01, 2018, 04:34:42 pm
congrats on feeling redeemed. Auburn did finish 10-4 with wins over playoff teams Bama and Georgia and losses to playoff teams Georgia and Clemson and a team that went undefeated.

Pretty cool to see UCF finish undefeated

Another reason that there should be an eight team playoff instead of four teams, so that teams like UCF would have an opportunity to compete for a national championship.

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 01, 2018, 10:33:54 pm

The reason Clemson's offense could do nothing against Bama is the QB that carried their offense in 2016 is playing Pro ball. Watson was most of their offense in 2016. He was a freak of a player. In 2017 and last night without him behind center, the Clemson offense was only a shell of it's former self.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dirty

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 01, 2018, 09:58:15 pm
Lol, you must have me mistaken for someone else...I have never been and will never be a Gus supporter.

okay......misread

WedgeBuster

How many times has Gus beat Alabama? That's the standard. Gus would have been a home run hire and worth every penny.

Danimal

Quote from: WedgeBuster on January 02, 2018, 11:36:56 am
How many times has Gus beat Alabama? That's the standard. Gus would have been a home run hire and worth every penny.
Thanks for the opinion. I don't agree with it in the least -- but thanks...

I am a big Gus fan.  I didn't wet my pants when his team beat Georgia and Bama, lost respectable to Clemson early in the season and then got hammered by Georgia in the second meeting.  Gus offense was the running back, Johnson.  He was hurt and likely shouldn't have played against GA or UCF.  Playing him was stupid and thats on Gus, one of my favorite coaches.  Gus new OC is not that good but Gus says he thinks hes doing a great job.  If he really believes that I believe he will keep on losing games he shouldn't. 

There isn't a coach in football worth 7 million a year, period.  Nor is there a soda worth 2 or 3 dollars for the 10 OZ size, a plain ole hot dog worth 4 bucks, 10 dollars for a giant popcorn, 12 dollars for movie ticket, 150 for a ticket to see some one hit wonder sing for 45 minutes, or an NBA baller worth 20 million annually, or 18 holes of golf for $500.00.  But we fools pay those type rip offs all the time to see this bull.

But the number one rule is supply and demand.  As long as we demand it, it will be supplied and at whatever cost the supplier deems he can get.

idochog

All Gus is a more polished turd than nutt

Top 10 talent at Auburn & he has 4 losses

He woulda been exposed at arkansas with less talent & I think he knows it
I love Jesus!

hogcards

Can we wait until the end of 2018 before we make these types of proclamations?  I seem to remember whenever someone logical brought up the fact that the FCTWF didn't win an SEC game in year one, he simply "needed more time".
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

WMHawgfan

Quote from: Tylerhog on January 01, 2018, 10:49:53 pm
How bout we win a few games then start talkn shiite.....
I agree, until we achieve something other than mediocrity, lets cool it on trashing other programs that are playing on New Years Day.

clutch

Quote from: 12247 on January 02, 2018, 01:30:06 pm
I am a big Gus fan.  I didn't wet my pants when his team beat Georgia and Bama, lost respectable to Clemson early in the season and then got hammered by Georgia in the second meeting.  Gus offense was the running back, Johnson.  He was hurt and likely shouldn't have played against GA or UCF.  Playing him was stupid and thats on Gus, one of my favorite coaches.  Gus new OC is not that good but Gus says he thinks hes doing a great job.  If he really believes that I believe he will keep on losing games he shouldn't. 

There isn't a coach in football worth 7 million a year, period.  Nor is there a soda worth 2 or 3 dollars for the 10 OZ size, a plain ole hot dog worth 4 bucks, 10 dollars for a giant popcorn, 12 dollars for movie ticket, 150 for a ticket to see some one hit wonder sing for 45 minutes, or an NBA baller worth 20 million annually, or 18 holes of golf for $500.00.  But we fools pay those type rip offs all the time to see this bull.

But the number one rule is supply and demand.  As long as we demand it, it will be supplied and at whatever cost the supplier deems he can get.

Auburn's offense improved when Lindsey took over the play calling.

BassinHawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on January 01, 2018, 04:17:17 pm
Anyone else notice how red Gus' nose is?  And every time he was shown on tv he was picking it.

LOL, my wife said the same thing. She asked why he was picking his nose every time they showed him. Hmmm, maybe he has a little problem.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hog911

Can we wait until he completes his first season befor patting him on the back?

okrazorback

Quote from: The Chief on January 01, 2018, 03:52:35 pm
I recall being lambasted for saying Gus was a mediocre coach and didn't deserve more than $3.5ish million/year tops.

All the Gus suckers proceeded to tell meet I was an idiot and that Gus was an "elite"coach and we'd be lucky to have him for $7 million.

Who is laughing now?

Maybe e should wait to see who is laughing until we see how good our new  coach really is. Don't get me wrong I hope he is` as good as you say he is.