Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many commits do we get this weekend?

Started by Tim Harris, December 17, 2017, 10:09:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

How many commits do we get this weekend?

21 (12.7%)
50 (30.1%)
52 (31.3%)
20 (12%)
23 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Muskliketusk

There's the other. Crawford just gotta brake it to the Gooners.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 02:53:21 pm
That was pre-visit on Crawford, I don't think it's the same confidence level now. Flanagan is going to OSU, from what I hear. I agree we have a better chance with Mason and Fulwider.
The rumor awhile back was that's where Storey was transferring to.  I wonder if that has anything to do with his decision.  Flanagan did mention it was good seeing Ty.

lookawayquick

Hog players working twitter hard to keep Flanagan.  Let's see how it plays out over the next couple days.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 17, 2017, 06:54:50 pm
The rumor awhile back was that's where Storey was transferring to.  I wonder if that has anything to do with his decision.  Flanagan did mention it was good seeing Ty.

Scuttlebutt is that the Cowpokes are in his ear about not having a DC or a coaching staff, but it's not like they play much defense there, anyway. They offered before we did, so they have been on him for awhile. I just know the recruiting guys have gone from "All Hog", to "lucky to hold him", to it's "not looking good".

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 07:03:03 pm
Scuttlebutt is that the Cowpokes are in his ear about not having a DC or a coaching staff, but it's not like they play much defense there, anyway. They offered before we did, so they have been on him for awhile. I just know the recruiting guys have gone from "All Hog", to "lucky to hold him", to it's "not looking good".

And when our koolaid serving homer recruiting guys start admitting bad news, then you can almost always take it to the bank.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HOGS82

What happened with Flanagan?

When someone has to decide between multiple schools on signing day and that list includes the one he's already committed to, it generally doesn't work out in your favor.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

fullfan

Quote from: HOGS82 on December 17, 2017, 07:30:41 pm
What happened with Flanagan?

Maybe spoke with Myles Mason's dad and did not like the new DC?

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 07:29:12 pm
And when our koolaid serving homer recruiting guys start admitting bad news, then you can almost always take it to the bank.

What school's recruiting guys aren't "Kool-Aid serving homers"?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 07:45:29 pm
What school's recruiting guys aren't "Kool-Aid serving homers"?

Can't think of any, but I admit I don't really follow recruiting of other programs.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

BaggerHog

Quote from: colbs on December 17, 2017, 06:54:50 pm

With the coaching staff changes Ty's transfer is on hold for the time being. If he gets a legitimate chance this spring it may not happen unless the coaching staff feels he can't help and ask him to. He doesn't graduate until May so he can wait to see how spring practice turns out.

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 07:03:03 pm

He doesn't necessarily have to play defense. He is an excellent wide receiver and kick returner.     

JaketheSnake

If he wants to be a hog but is nervous that we don't have a DC yet, he would wait til February to sign.  If he's signing elsewhere during the early period, he probably didn't love that helmet to begin with.  JMHO

JaketheSnake

CCM picks up Bishop, who wasn't coming here under CBB.  CCM loses Flanagan, who was.  Is that a wash?  One clearly better than another?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 17, 2017, 08:30:22 pm
CCM picks up Bishop, who wasn't coming here under CBB.  CCM loses Flanagan, who was.  Is that a wash?  One clearly better than another?

If they play different positions, then not really a wash.  S seems to be a significant need, so unless we still get a couple really good S's (like say Mason and Moore), then losing Flanagan probably hurts.

colbs

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 17, 2017, 08:30:22 pm
Need them both.  Safety play hasn't been great.

greenie

We may lose another one...there's now a landslide of crystal ball picks for Noah Banks to Florida.  If we lose him and Luke Jones (to Notre Dame), we're going to really be behind the eight ball on OL recruiting.