Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baker Mayfield

Started by pignatious, December 10, 2017, 02:17:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pignatious

Baker Mayfield telling the story of Brandon Burlesworth and wearing the pin that represents him and the Walkon of the Year award at the Heisman ceremony was a nice gesture. Congrats to the kid. Hoping he's learned some life lessons moving forward.
Freedom is never free.

hogwxld

thanks for the post. changed my opinion imediately...thought another johnny football til this.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: pignatious on December 10, 2017, 02:17:52 am
Baker Mayfield telling the story of Brandon Burlesworth and wearing the pin that represents him and the Walkon of the Year award at the Heisman ceremony was a nice gesture. Congrats to the kid. Hoping he's learned some life lessons moving forward.

+1  I saw that and gained a lot of respect for the young man, he made one drunken mistake (I think a lot of us have been there) but I love watching him play bc he really brings that competitive fire every game.  He is one of those guys that you absolutely hate when he is not on your team, but absolutely love him when he is on your team.
SCREW Vandy!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

247Hog

Have you seen it anywhere online so i can watch? Thanks.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Captain Hamerica

Muskliketusk

I still love watching the video of the FPD smoking that little crud. He can stuff his fake nice guy act and sorries in a sack. Jackson shoulda won the dang thing anyway.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

go hogues

R
Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 10, 2017, 03:19:36 pm
I still love watching the video of the FPD smoking that little crud. He can stuff his fake nice guy act and sorries in a sack. Jackson shoulda won the dang thing anyway.
If you're famous in this country, you get to play by a different set of rules.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HogHomer

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 10, 2017, 03:19:36 pm
What gets me is Herbie tweeted out how Mayfield has a chip his shoulder and has a competitiveness and sometimes it gets the better of him(trying to defend him for grabbing his crotch and cursing at opposing fans) but weeks earlier he was calling for a Tennessee player to be kicked off the team for flipping the bird to Alabama fans.

So much double standard in the football world. Whatever is the better story. Walk-On turned Heisman winner is ESPNs dream

Muskliketusk

Quote from: HogHomer on December 10, 2017, 03:26:21 pm
What gets me is Herbie tweeted out how Mayfield has a chip his shoulder and has a competitiveness and sometimes it gets the better of him(trying to defend him for grabbing his crotch and cursing at opposing fans) but weeks earlier he was calling for a Tennessee player to be kicked off the team for flipping the bird to Alabama fans.

So much double standard in the football world. Whatever is the better story. Walk-On turned Heisman winner is ESPNs dream
Glad I ain't the only one not snowballed by that little creeps act. He ain't even that good just plays a buncha crappy defenses. No one woulda ever heard his name if he played in the SEC cause no SEC schools are gonna start some kid to sorry to even get a scholarship in the first place.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

mhsbc59

Baker Mayfield need to be Joe Thisemaned in the playoffs game
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Hexametaphosph8

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 10, 2017, 04:04:56 pm

No

naturalbornpigger

I would take him in a heart beat.  He's a gamer!  I don't get all the butt hurt.

hoglady

Nope - don't wish that type injury on anyone, whether I like them or not.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

(notOM)Rebel123

That's sad, dude. C'mon
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

I've attended the last 5-6 Burlsworth Award luncheons. Had a chance to briefly speak with the finalists. Mayfield comes across as an arrogant punk. Sorry...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Kig

WOW,  just super wow!!!  Claiming he isn't classy, followed by hoping someone has an excruciatingly painful career ending injury... Epitome of classless.   Can't imagine ever wishing that on a kid. 
Poker Porker

247Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 10, 2017, 05:16:19 pm
I've attended the last 5-6 Burlsworth Award luncheons. Had a chance to briefly speak with the finalists. Mayfield comes across as an arrogant punk. Sorry...

He seemed way out of character to act professional (thought the same about the other OU Heisman winner). I don't want the kid to be hurt but i hope he gets owned during the playoffs. If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd and feels like a turd, it's probably Baker Mayfield.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

247Hog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 10, 2017, 05:36:33 pm
So, if McFadden would have won the heisman would yall have held the bar fight against him where he nearly broke his toe off?

McFadden grab his crotch and tell the other team to suck it?
McFadden run to the center of the field of another team and plant his flag after the other team went to the locker room?
McFadden ever say "Arkansas is your 'daddy ... I'm gonna have to spank you" during warm ups?

Thats just this season and have more i could add.

You can like him or not but to act like he isn't a punk is simply not true.

rljjr

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 10, 2017, 03:32:47 pm
Glad I ain't the only one not snowballed by that little creeps act. He ain't even that good just plays a buncha crappy defenses. No one woulda ever heard his name if he played in the SEC cause no SEC schools are gonna start some kid to sorry to even get a scholarship in the first place.

So in the course of your tirade against Mayfield you ironically happened to besmirch Brandon Burlsworth. Surely you realize he walked on to an SEC team and earned his scholarship.

mhsbc59

So, if McFadden would have won the heisman would yall have held the bar fight against him where he nearly broke his toe off?
McFadden beat up someone stealing his car. Baker Mayfield is a punk. A tiger can not change it's strips.  Im just tired of the national media pushing there agenda
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

HogHomer

Quote from: 247Hog on December 10, 2017, 05:45:36 pm
McFadden run to the center of the field of another team and plant his flag after the other team went to the locker room?
McFadden ever say "Arkansas is your 'daddy ... I'm gonna have to spank you" during warm ups?

The dude tried to run from the police if that doesn't tell people all they need to know then idk what to say.

247Hog

Quote from: HogHomer on December 10, 2017, 06:02:32 pm
The dude tried to run from the police if that doesn't tell people all they need to know then idk what to say.

Agreed. I left that one off since i assumed everyone on the board knew plenty about it since it happened in Fayetteville and was talked like crazy here.

Torqued pork

He was probably just working on his image for the scouts and GM's.  The qb is usually the face of the franchise.

Hog N Bama

Hog N Bama

I'm sure Steve Spurrier would have made sure of it

WorfHog

I'm more interested in the Big 12 Defender of the Year.

Birminghog

Quote from: 247Hog on December 10, 2017, 05:45:36 pm

This. Punque.

Mayfield is a gamer and I don't blame him for running from the cops.  He got his ass caught and he paid the price.  Big Deal.  He has fire in his belly, he refuses to be denied, he works his rear off to be the best he can be.  He does smart off a bit too much and eventually someone will shut him up but they want remove the fire.

MusklikeTusk may not like him because Musk may have never actually seen an average person dig in, bust ass, work hard and be somebody.   If he had been our QB this season, we would have been bowl bound even with dumbass Bret standing on his shoulders.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The Kig on December 10, 2017, 05:16:55 pm
WOW,  just super wow!!!  Claiming he isn't classy, followed by hoping someone has an excruciatingly painful career ending injury... Epitome of classless.   Can't imagine ever wishing that on a kid. 

Right.!?  Just like school in summertime... No Class...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

trippigs

December 10, 2017, 07:53:16 pm #30 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:32:27 pm by trippigs
The Heisman doesn't stand for much anymore in my opinion. Selections like this are the cause

Albert Einswine

Quote from: WorfHog on December 10, 2017, 07:38:45 pm

Poor footwork, slow first step, no burst. Officers took a perfect pursuit angle. Punishing open field tackle. I approve.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Boarcephus

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 10, 2017, 05:16:19 pm

I'm just not a Mayfield fan.  I have the utmost respect for his ability, the fact he walked and went on to win the Heisman.  I don't really have a problem with him planting the flag at midfield at Ohio State.  Call it unbridled enthusiasm or a sense of euphoria for winning a tough game.  Don't really have a problem with him grabbing his crotch because he was obviously  baited and anyone who has played sports knows your reaction is not always something you're proud of but once again, it's in the heat of the moment. 

What I have a problem with is his phony PC where he wipes away a tear or two because he can't be captain, can't start, let folks down, etc.  But what I really have an issue is, is when he took the field for that game.  First thing he did was go to the corner of the end zone, get down on a knee and pray in front of 75,000 people.  If you're truly sincere, do it in the locker room but he had to draw attention to himself.   This was nothing more than a PR stunt.  Always have been somewhat of an OU fan but I'm taking the Charles Barkley stand where he was pulling for whoever was playing UCLA when Ball was there in that I'm pulling for whoever is playing OU while Mayfield is there. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: 12247 on December 10, 2017, 07:49:38 pm
Mayfield is a gamer and I don't blame him for running from the cops.  He got his ass caught and he paid the price.  Big Deal.  He has fire in his belly, he refuses to be denied, he works his rear off to be the best he can be.  He does smart off a bit too much and eventually someone will shut him up but they want remove the fire.

MusklikeTusk may not like him because Musk may have never actually seen an average person dig in, bust ass, work hard and be somebody.   If he had been our QB this season, we would have been bowl bound even with dumbass Bret standing on his shoulders.

BS...Cowins, Forrest, or were you even around.

Probably not.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 07:59:20 pm
I'm just not a Mayfield fan.  I have the utmost respect for his ability, the fact he walked and went on to win the Heisman.  I don't really have a problem with him planting the flag at midfield at Ohio State.  Call it unbridled enthusiasm or a sense of euphoria for winning a tough game.  Don't really have a problem with him grabbing his crotch because he was obviously  baited and anyone who has played sports knows your reaction is not always something you're proud of but once again, it's in the heat of the moment. 

What I have a problem with is his phony PC where he wipes away a tear or two because he can't be captain, can't start, let folks down, etc.  But what I really have an issue is, is when he took the field for that game.  First thing he did was go to the corner of the end zone, get down on a knee and pray in front of 75,000 people.  If you're truly sincere, do it in the locker room but he had to draw attention to himself.   This was nothing more than a PR stunt.  Always have been somewhat of an OU fan but I'm taking the Charles Barkley stand where he was pulling for whoever was playing UCLA when Ball was there in that I'm pulling for whoever is playing OU while Mayfield is there. 

Thank you for a little common sense.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: WorfHog on December 10, 2017, 07:38:45 pm

Have always wondered if that cop had any eligibility left.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

davglo35

Mayfield is a lot like I was when I was his age. I can relate to him. He will look back when he is old and wonder why he was so stupid as to do the things he does.
He is the best player in College football and deserves the award. He is a game dominator. You can say and hope he gets hurt during the playoffs but im afraid nobody will be able to get a good lick on him. He is a lot lot like Manziel in that he is so dang shifty and elusive.
OU has arguably the best O line in football and they won't be an easy out for anybody. If OU plays well like they potentially can then they will probably win it all. You can claim they are weak defensively but they are good enough.
Hurts is prone to make mistakes in high pressure situations.
Fromme is good but young and less expierenced than the other QBs. Kelly Bryant is young and inexperienced also.
OU definitely has the best QB in the CFP and the best player.

jvanhorn

Your wasting your time.

Grunt

I knew little about him; only could see he was a great qb. Was stunned to learn he walked on at TT then OU. How on earth did he not rate a scholarship out of hs? Can anyone brief me?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

code red

Lots of people told Baker he couldn't....well I love his fight.  Regardless of what anyone says....he is the Heisman Trophy winner.  Period.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Cotton

What a horrible thing to say.  Christ.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Melancholy_Pigg

Quote from: pignatious on December 10, 2017, 02:17:52 am

Classy move by Mayfield.  Yeah he has had a few embarrassing moments.  But no doubting the man has heart and dedication.  Okay - he earned it.  Gotta respect that.    I personally wouldn't have beaned the TCU football player in the head pre-game, but so what.  Okay he planted the flag at mid-field on Ohio State.

They'll live. 

Muskliketusk

Quote from: 12247 on December 10, 2017, 07:49:38 pm

You can always go be an OU fan sense you like that little loser so much. Heck there mascot is a bandwagon so get on board.

Grunt

December 11, 2017, 11:20:43 am #43 Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:19:47 pm by Grunt
Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 11, 2017, 11:13:08 am
You can always go be an OU fan since you like that little loser so much. Heck there mascot is a bandwagon so get on board.
He didn't win the trophy for being sweet.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

phadedhawg

When Jamies Winston won the Heisman trophy it kinda killed the notion that the winner needed to be anything more than just the best player.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I'm gonna go take a Baker and wipe my Mayfield.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

JethroB.

Quote from: trippigs on December 10, 2017, 07:53:16 pm
The Heisman doesn't stand for much anymore in my opinion. Selections like this are the cause

It hasn't meant much to me since DMAC got shafted in back to back years when he was clearly the best player.

JethroB.

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 10, 2017, 07:59:20 pm

I always pull for whomever plays Zero-U but i'd seriously like it if he got roughed up a little by Georgia.

Hog N Bama

No doubt he deserved the trophy for talent

HF#1

He's still a [CENSORED].
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin