Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else really surprised Auburn hasn't announced Gus has signed ?

Started by 007 License To Squeal, December 01, 2017, 04:37:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

It's late of Friday afternoon.  Wouldn't be to Auburn's advantage to get the extension signed ASAP?  I'm sure their players are aware of the "Gus to Arkansas" stories.....

I think the message is loud and clear that Gus' coming to NWA still has strong legs.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hollywood870

Hawg Life has let it be known that he will sign tonight. Also has guaranteed that Gus isn't coming. Never was.

GuvHog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 01, 2017, 04:37:41 pm
It's late of Friday afternoon.  Wouldn't be to Auburn's advantage to get the extension signed ASAP?  I'm sure their players are aware of the "Gus to Arkansas" stories.....

I think the message is loud and clear that Gus' coming to NWA still has strong legs.

Someone posted earlier that Auburn has offered Gus 8.5 Million a year to stay. Do you honestly believe he'd give up more than 2 Million a year to come to Arkansas??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 01, 2017, 04:39:55 pm
Hawg Life has let it be known that he will sign tonight. Also has guaranteed that Gus isn't coming. Never was.

Gus was supposed to have signed every day this week.....

HF#1

Quote from: GuvHog on December 01, 2017, 04:42:36 pm
Someone posted earlier that Auburn has offered Gus 8.5 Million a year to stay. Do you honestly believe he'd give up more than 2 Million a year to come to Arkansas??

Why hasn't he jumped at it then? That deal should be done if he wants it so bad...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Al Boarland

Gus is probably focused on his game. However, I'm sure Sexton has some light reading to do.

razorbrass

Gus's home is where his ego is.  Ego says go with the $$$ and chance at a Natty.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

GuvHog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 01, 2017, 04:43:14 pm
Why hasn't he jumped at it then? That deal should be done if he wants it so bad...

It's likely they are still working on ironing out the final details of the contract.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorbrass

He will sign before Saturday if the offer is 8.5 million.  Once they hit the field he loses any leverage.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Hollywood870

Quote from: razorbrass on December 01, 2017, 04:45:03 pm
He will sign before Saturday if the offer is 8.5 million.  Once they hit the field he loses any leverage.
Well he's got 7 hours then.

Smallie Bigs

I honestly don't believe Auburn offered $8.5 million in the first place. Apparently Sexton went to Auburn and said this is the agreement/contract Gus wants. If Auburn agrees to it he will stay.  Which they will & in turn he will.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

jgphillips3

HogKong

Quote from: GuvHog on December 01, 2017, 04:44:56 pm
It's likely they are still working on ironing out the final details of the contract.

If this was the case, he wouldn't have ignored the questions asked to him today during the SEC Championship media conference. He was asked about Arkansas and extending with Auburn. He didn't answer....if he had this offer he would've made it known at least that he was 100% staying to remove any questions or doubts before the game tomorrow. Which would be the smart thing to do before such a huge game if it was true.

TrueBlue

WilsonHog

Am I surprised Gus hasn't signed his extension?

No. In fact, I would be surprised if he had.

hawginbigd1

I keep expecting to see Gus has signed a 4 year extension at around 7 per on a crawler any time now.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

DC HOGFAN

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 01, 2017, 05:07:54 pm
If I was them, I'd announce it right before game time. 
Yup. Announce he signed, tell the team, they get fired up. Great motivation tactic.

Omahabound

Cartoon Man

Jimbo Fischer is going to be paid 7.5 mil ayear, and he will be the second highest paid coach behind Saban.

Tony Perkis

I could see him signing it between now and kick off tomorrow. Once the ball is kicked, he loses all leverage.

Been10Hog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 01, 2017, 04:37:41 pm

And Hyperdrive has gone quiet

jimmur74

No way hes getting 8.5. Ridiculous

Quote from: razorbrass on December 01, 2017, 04:45:03 pm

jkstock04

I don't pretend to know how this stuff works...but when is he gonna sign this thing? In the team hotel tonight? Locker room tomorrow before the game? I ain't seeing that. To me, something that big...you sit down with your agent/lawyer and go over fine tooth and comb it in a business setting.

Like I said, that's not something I know much about...but I'm having a hard time seeing it. That's something that should've been done before they got on the plane.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Tony Perkis

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 01, 2017, 06:08:13 pm
I don't pretend to know how this stuff works...but when is he gonna sign this thing? In the team hotel tonight? Locker room tomorrow before the game? I ain't seeing that. To me, something that big...you sit down with your agent/lawyer and go over fine tooth and comb it in a business setting.

Like I said, that's not something I know much about...but I'm having a hard time seeing it. That's something that should've been done before they got on the plane.
If he does it pre-game tomorrow that'll be the biggest FU to Arkansas in history haha.

jkstock04

Quote from: Bigfoothog on December 01, 2017, 06:03:57 pm
The contract is not Gus's to sign. That amount is a counter offer he gave back to them along with a few strings like veto power on new AD and length of contract and buy out, pretty much the Moon. Auburn is now in pickle on what to do.
This too. We haven't heard anything (or I haven't) since he supposedly gave them the terms for if they want him to stay.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RockyMtnHog

Gus is playing his cards like a professional gambler.  He is not folding to AU when he has what he wants at Arkansas.  He is making AU meet his demands and not the other way around.  I would bet that he told Sexton to create a contract that AU will not accept.  He is asking AU how bad do you want to keep me as coach.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

bphi11ips

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 01, 2017, 05:52:25 pm
I could see him signing it between now and kick off tomorrow. Once the ball is kicked, he loses all leverage.

Unless he wins...
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 01, 2017, 06:37:01 pm
Unless he wins...
Well, yes. But then Arkansas' willingness to wait around comes into play. Does Auburn think we'll hold out? If so, then yes Gus still holds the leverage. If we immediately sign someone else, then not so much.

hogmolar

Quote from: Bigfoothog on December 01, 2017, 06:03:57 pm
The contract is not Gus's to sign. That amount is a counter offer he gave back to them along with a few strings like veto power on new AD and length of contract and buy out, pretty much the Moon. Auburn is now in pickle on what to do.
Auburn could gain all leverage back by just saying this sounds reasonable but we want to talk about it next week. We should all be focusing on this game. That puts it back on him and Arkansas. Does Arkansas wait or move to plan B.

isavedjazz

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 01, 2017, 04:42:42 pm
Gus was supposed to have signed every day this week.....

Exactly. The more time that goes by, the more realistic the Gus bus becomes.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

seasonhog

Quote from: Bigfoothog on December 01, 2017, 06:09:13 pm
what i was told was 7.5 to 8.5 so lets meet in the middle at 7.8 mil a year. i also herd Co-Ad but Auburn rumor board says veto power on new AD.

ESPN....Gus is our only focus.....

If Gus don't sigh before the game....will he be on the sidelines...

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogmolar on December 01, 2017, 07:35:10 pm
Auburn could gain all leverage back by just saying this sounds reasonable but we want to talk about it next week. We should all be focusing on this game. That puts it back on him and Arkansas. Does Arkansas wait or move to plan B.

Sunday
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The NewEra

This is a critical time in recruiting and when the head coach refuses to say he's committed to the program going forward it sure puts questions in the mind of recruits that would commit to the coach and not the school. I don't think Gus would intentionally jeopardize recruiting if he knew he were staying.

I'm leaning more and more to a move to Arkansas.

HogCard

$8.5 m x 2 years when idiot Auburn gets tired of him = $17 mill.  $6 mill x infinite amount of years at Arkansas.

pigmania

When you're already a millionaire and your kids are grown and out on their own, money isn't everything to the Mazahn's. I believe he would give up 2 million a year. I mean good God, how many of us would like to even make 2 million a year? He is set for life, no matter if it's Auburn or Arkansas. He has to determine for himself, if now is the time to come coach at his dream job. If it isn't, then he may have to live with the thought that he may never get the opportunity to coach here again.

The NewEra

To me the key question is, how much more abuse from Auburn he's willing to go through for that extra $2MM while he's there.

I think he's put up with all of their crap he can stomach. Time to go home and get a fresh start.

The Boar War

Quote from: hogmolar on December 01, 2017, 07:35:10 pm

We wouldn't have to.  That's a no.

247Hog

He comes to UA then its a win. If he milks AU with some ridiculous amount of money and they're dumb enough to agree to mega buyout and veto power to AD, then win for us. What do you think that says to every coach that works for Auburn?

I can imagine the basketball coach says to a top recruit, "hey come play for me the next 4 years. Our AD is retiring and we might get a new AD that likes me and he might care about the basketball program but we'll have to wait and see if the football coach approves or not".

We're going to make a good hire PERIOD. Gus would do well here sooner than later. If he decides to stay at AU, he better hope things go as plan next few years because him and AU will be stuck with each other....and Arkansas will still be better off than we've been the past 6 years.

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

porkrindjimmy

There is no extension as of 6 pm...none. zero. Auburn hasn't put one on the table.

All this Gus extension talk is only coming from this side of the Mississippi.

PRJ

ADavisTheGOAT

Gus will sign it tomorrow right before the SEC title game. If not then he'll give a clear answer about staying at Auburn in the post game PC.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

porkrindjimmy

PorkSoda

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 01, 2017, 08:35:24 pm
There is no extension as of 6 pm...none. zero. Auburn hasn't put one on the table.

PRJ
strangely enough, I get the feeling that auburn doesn't actually want gus to stay.

arkansas hiring away saves them the trouble. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 01, 2017, 08:35:24 pm

PRJ

Then Aubbie doesn't want to keep him.........and he will leave.

hogmolar

Quote from: The Boar War on December 01, 2017, 08:13:31 pm
We wouldn't have to.  That's a no.
Correct. Taking away all leverage from Gus at Arkansas allowing them to renegotiate the deal. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 01, 2017, 08:54:14 pm
strangely enough, I get the feeling that auburn doesn't actually want gus to stay.

arkansas hiring away saves them the trouble. 

This is exactly what it feels like.  It's the only reason I think he'd end up in Fayetteville.

You know this is a bitter-sweet time for AU.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15