Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's take a moment to laugh at Tennessee!

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, December 01, 2017, 09:12:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fired Currie right as he was close to a deal with Leach.  Apparently he went around Haslam, contacted Leach without approval.

ToddW

We should all send thank you care packages to Vol Nation.  Takes the attention away from our coaching search fiasco.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Hogarusa

Gonna wait for Arkansas AD and coach search to wrap up in smooth fashion before i start laughing at others. But this will be a future doc on SEC Network because its been an epic mess
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ToddW on December 01, 2017, 09:13:49 am
We should all send thank you care packages to Vol Nation.  Takes the attention away from our coaching search fiasco.
why do we have a fiasco?  I think you need to research the term "fiasco"

PP

NoogaHog

:) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D

As I said yesterday, at this point they should just keep Hoke.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

pghawg1

I agree, I am not going to laugh at them until we make some hires.

BigK_HogHeaven

Bruce Feldman reporting that Phil Fulmer tried to undermine Currie the entire coaching search in hopes that he could be AD himself.  That's some House of Cards type stuff right there

BearsBisonsBoars

We're going to do fine. I have full faith and will proceed to mock my East Tennessee friends and family mercilessly  8) ;D

factchecker

We are just now approaching one week since we fired Bielema.

We have not YET reached fiasco status.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TNarch

It's fun to be on higher ground for a change...hope we can keep it that way as this search plays out.  But for now, I work in an office surrounded by UT grads and have 7 of them in my family....UT keeps giving us new material each day...currently enjoying LMAO!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 01, 2017, 09:16:36 am
why do we have a fiasco?  I think you need to research the term "fiasco"

PP

Glad to see you back poasting again PP!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hawgon

I'm not whistling past the graveyard until the doctor gives us a clean bill of health.  I've been a Razorback fan too long.

007 License To Squeal

What fiasco? Our School has been consistent in targeting and offering the job to Gus......announcement pending...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

casken

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 01, 2017, 09:12:32 am
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fired Currie right as he was close to a deal with Leach.  Apparently he went around Haslam, contacted Leach without approval.

We ain't outta the woods yet...can relate to their fan base...unfortunately.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Razorbackwarrior79

I posted this elsewhere but will say again... This Tennessee fiasco will be the subject of a 30 for 30 in the future because you can't make this type of dysfunction up. Now the national media is widely reporting that Phil Fulmer has been actively sabotaging the hiring process because he wants the AD job! WOW

TexasRazorback

RazorNick

I don't see how our search is a fiasco. I have seen this more times than I've pissed over the last 3 days! I haven't seen where anybody has turned us down, unlike Tennessee. The only thing we know is what 399 rumors have stated. You have all of these rumors because not much, if anything has been leaked. The only fiasco is imaginary

Pulled(PP)pork

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 01, 2017, 09:18:55 am
I agree, I am not going to laugh at them until we make some hires.

Heck I live in Tennessee and laugh at them all the time.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Except it is NOT a fiasco.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 01, 2017, 09:15:15 am
Gonna wait for Arkansas AD and coach search to wrap up in smooth fashion before i start laughing at others. But this will be a future doc on SEC Network because its been an epic mess

Hiring anyone at any high salary level is hardly ever smooth. Lot's of negotiating usually happens. With that some bumps/blocks can occur.

pumphog

Saw on Cowherd a few minutes ago that a Florida police dept had taken their lead  German Shepard police dog out of the running for the Tennessee HC job. He will remain in Florida.  Hilarious

jabberjawls

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 01, 2017, 11:54:08 am
Who is this Haslam guy i keep hearing about?
The Gov, but not as famous as HV's Guv

PP

Vantage 8 dude

Okay for all those Hog fans who are complaining that our whole AD/HC search is a fiasco. Well I suppose it depends on what you're using as a standard. While it's a couple weeks since Long was terminated and a week since CBB was let go, at this point I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to such. While obviously some would prefer we have an AD and HC already in place, I prefer to let the process work on through and see where things land. As far as Gus is concerned we should most definitely know within the next day or so. And as far as "is he or isn't he officially hired" (

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: pumphog on December 01, 2017, 11:43:05 am
Saw on Cowherd a few minutes ago that a Florida police dept had taken their lead  German Shepard police dog out of the running for the Tennessee HC job. He will remain in Florida.  Hilarious

That's just a rumor...he, along with Reveille, are still in play.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 01, 2017, 12:17:50 pm
The Gov, but not as famous as HV's Guv

PP

Wrong Haslam.  Bill is governor.  His brother, Jimmy, is the alleged power broker pulling the strings.  Their dad, also named Jimmy, founded Pilot and Flying J oil enterprises.  Billionaire family, proving to be incompetent when it comes to sports.  Oh, and they own and preside over the Cleveland Browns.

Hope that helps.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

longtimeHogfan

I just read where this whole thing has cost Tenner $13MM and they don't have a coach yet.  Or an AD.  And there's still assistant's contracts to honor too that could push that number up closer to $14MM.  They'd like to fire Currie 'with cause' in order to save $5 million on his contract but that doesn't seem likely.  What a mess.  And it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Shocktheman

I live way out here in East Tennersee.  Their fans are used to being run roughshod over given their time since firing Fulmer.  Most of the UT fans Im around daily are not surprised with botched the job they are doing getting a new coach and now AD.  They spent $13mil and still don't have a coach!