Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee Fires AD? Thank you.

Started by Godfather, December 01, 2017, 08:59:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Godfather

Just heard on the radio.. 
News link: http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Tennessee-fires-John-Currie-461271603.html

---
UPDATE:  Tweet stating that was deleted, but who knows.  Let's just say the situation is fluid.   ;D

Thank you Tenner, for botching this WAY worse than we ever could.
WPS to the end.

HF#1

It's supposedly a BS report but who knows with that abortion of a program.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

litmachog

You just can't make up all this stuff.  Fired after 8 months on the job?  All the other stuff?  WOW!  Crazy!

Hog Fan...DOH!

Everyone knows you're supposed to fire the AD BEFORE the coaching search... idiots.

texas tush hog

Quote from: litmachog on December 01, 2017, 09:01:20 am
You just can't make up all this stuff.  Fired after 8 months on the job?  All the other stuff?  WOW!  Crazy!

Fired before he could hire Mike Leach. Hmmmmm.

havok

Wow.. You know it's bad when Ole Miss is on the cusp of the NCAA handing down the punishment for multiple violations... And they appear to be a more attractive/stable situation than Tennessee.

Smashmouth2004

HF#1

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 01, 2017, 09:37:52 am
We're not far behind!

We aren't even close to them. Our search is going fine.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

Quote from: HF#1 on December 01, 2017, 09:38:34 am
We aren't even close to them. Our search is going fine.

Fine? We have reports that coaches didn't even know who was calling them. 2 or more groups doing their own search. Our lady iterim ad says she is going to do the search in her own and then less than a week later we hire a search committee. We hired Gragg and then we didn't.

We aren't quite at Tennessee level but "fine" is not a term i would use to describe what's been happening.

hawganatic

Quote from: ipigsooie on December 01, 2017, 09:42:10 am
Fine? We have reports that coaches didn't even know who was calling them. 2 or more groups doing their own search. Our lady iterim ad says she is going to do the search in her own and then less than a week later we hire a search committee. We hired Gragg and then we didn't.

We aren't quite at Tennessee level but "fine" is not a term i would use to describe what's been happening.

Think some of our fanbase just doesn't have the constitution to deal with this type of situation.  There is nothing wrong with how ours is being handled.

BCRavens

Cub Fan - Bud Man

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: litmachog on December 01, 2017, 09:01:20 am

Actually, it may be made up!!  As previously mentioned, it's fluid...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Razorback de Nosferatu

Arkansas's search could be going fine, or it could be a wreck.  Nobody truly knows what's going on.  Tennessee could learn a thing or two about that.

It's been fairly well established that hiring a search firm is standard procedure and helps streamline the process.  They are not the ones finding or hiring candidates.  If a permanent AD is not hired soon, JCP will indeed be the one doing the hiring.  We can debate all day long how much power she actually has and whether or not most of her press conference was standard PR talk.  Again, nobody really knows.

Somebody in the media jumped the gun on Gragg.  Not sure how in the world that's indicative of turmoil with the AD search.

And I'm not sure what in the world is relevant about the interim athletic director being a lady.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 01, 2017, 09:37:52 am
We're not far behind!
You are exceedingly wrong.  We are about to complete the greatest coach theft in SEC history.....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

010HogFan

If you think we hired the search firms to "search" then I think you misinterpreted. It was actually the smart thing to do to bring in extra vetting help after the Tennessee fiasco. I think our search is going a lot better than you think.

RME

Just can't let go of that, can ya?

My4Labs

So now there are TWO dumpster fires in Tennessee?

Cale

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on December 01, 2017, 09:48:16 am
Arkansas's search could be going fine, or it could be a wreck.  Nobody truly knows what's going on.  Tennessee could learn a thing or two about that.

It's been fairly well established that hiring a search firm is standard procedure and helps streamline the process.  They are not the ones finding or hiring candidates.  If a permanent AD is not hired soon, JCP will indeed be the one doing the hiring.  We can debate all day long how much power she actually has and whether or not most of her press conference was standard PR talk.  Again, nobody really knows.

Somebody in the media jumped the gun on Gragg.  Not sure how in the world that's indicative of turmoil with the AD search.

And I'm not sure what in the world is relevant about the interim athletic director being a lady.
Your logic is sound and your argument is reasonable. Are you from another board?
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

WilsonHog

It is being reported that Currie wanted to hire Leach, but he was fired instead. Also reported that Fulmer has been working behind the scenes to sabotage the search and get Currie fired.

"Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn't allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee's AD." - Brett McMurphy

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 01, 2017, 09:55:36 am
It is being reported that Currie wanted to hire Leach, but he was fired instead. Also reported that Fulmer has been working behind the scenes to sabotage the search and get Currie fired.

"Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn't allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee's AD." - Brett McMurphy

I'm not doubting that it's possible for FULMER to sabotage something with the hiring process but how exactly would he? Did he set up the student protests? Did he talk the other coaches out of taking the job?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 01, 2017, 09:50:21 am

Well, at least he didn't use the term chick, skirt, or broad.  And vaj would have been completely inappropriate.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

mhsbc59

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 01, 2017, 10:03:55 am
I'm not doubting that it's possible for FULMER to sabotage something with the hiring process but how exactly would he? Did he set up the student protests? Did he talk the other coaches out of taking the job?

Phillip Filmer has always been a snake in the weeds he was insturmentle in getting Jonny Majors fired before he became head coach there. And part of the he stayed there as long as he did.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 01, 2017, 09:50:21 am

Srsly, it's like he really thinks it's a winning argument.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

aj1966

Reading VolNation rumors of Bret sightings in Knoxville