Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss NCAA Ruling will be tomorrow

Started by JONAS, November 30, 2017, 10:08:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sivad

hobhog

Just hope they get major scholarship reductions for several years. If not NCAA is a joke. Therefore, I predict little penalties.

gangstaback

Quote from: hobhog on November 30, 2017, 11:23:50 pm
Just hope they get major scholarship reductions for several years. If not NCAA is a joke. Therefore, I predict little penalties.

They waited all season, so yes probably a bowl ban next year and that's it.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: hobhog on November 30, 2017, 11:23:50 pm

We already know the NCAA is a joke. I do wonder if the recent FBI investigations will cause the NCAA to stiffen up a bit.

Doubtful

norsberry

jacobp

Quote from: norsberry on December 01, 2017, 08:58:16 am
https://twitter.com/SpiritChuck/status/936608329132052480

2 year bowl ban, 4 years probation, 13 schollies and $179k penalty
May turn out to be true but I wouldn't necessarily trust spiritchuck. He's wrong all the damn time

ur

Can players transfer with immediate eligibility?

BR

If this bowl ban is for the next two seasons (2018-2019), players with two years of eligibility or less can transfer without sitting out. Would include WR A.J. Brown, QB Jordan Ta'amu, QB Shea Patterson, WR Van Jefferson, WR DaMarkus Lodge
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

SwinedMelon

Quote from: jacobp on December 01, 2017, 08:59:25 am
May turn out to be true but I wouldn't necessarily trust spiritchuck. He's wrong all the damn time
seems to be correct
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

The NewEra

I can't wait to see the cost = benefit ratio the NCAA places on cheating.  Do they send a clear message that it won't be tolerated, or do they embolden all programs to engage in this approach, hope they don't get caught, but willing to accept the cost if they are?

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2017, 09:07:04 am
If this bowl ban is for the next two seasons (2018-2019), players with two years of eligibility or less can transfer without sitting out. Would include WR A.J. Brown, QB Jordan Ta'amu, QB Shea Patterson, WR Van Jefferson, WR DaMarkus Lodge

Any defenders? I know their defense wasn't THAT great, but anybody on the defensive side?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

ToddW

Good oppy to get some good recruits, that is if we can get a coach.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

The NewEra

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2017, 09:07:04 am

I have a problem letting players transfer if it's known they were at all involved in the cheating or aware of it.  It seems to me to be rewarding illegal behavior.

BR

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on December 01, 2017, 09:11:16 am
Any defenders? I know their defense wasn't THAT great, but anybody on the defensive side?
players with two years of eligibility or less can transfer without sitting out, just look

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ole-m-footbl-mtt.html

BR

Official word directly from the NCAA on the Ole Miss sanctions will be released at 10:30am CT. We'll know specifics then.

ipigsooie

Crazy thing is all coaches received shoe causes. What happens with Luke?  He was part of that staff. Fired with cause?

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2017, 09:17:12 am
Official word directly from the NCAA on the Ole Miss sanctions will be released at 10:30am CT. We'll know specifics then.

BR

According to the report, Ole Miss will serve a two-year bowl ban, scholarship reductions (13 over several years) and every coach named the in the investigation has received a show-cause penalty. New head coach Matt Luke was not named as part of the investigation.  More to come

jacobp

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2017, 09:28:58 am
According to the report, Ole Miss will serve a two-year bowl ban, scholarship reductions (13 over several years) and every coach named the in the investigation has received a show-cause penalty. New head coach Matt Luke was not named as part of the investigation.  More to come
13 over 4 in addition the the 11 they self imposed

BR

After five years, the NCAA's Committee on Infractions finally issued a ruling in Ole Miss's recruiting scandal on Friday morning.

The core penalties, per a source close to Ole Miss:

An additional bowl-ban year (2018).
    Because of that total two-year bowl ban, NCAA rules state Ole Miss players are now free to transfer elsewhere without sitting out a season.
    Probation running concurrently with current probation for a total of four years.
    Financial penalties.
    A total scholarship reduction of 13 over a period of years. That's in addition to the 11 over four years that Ole Miss self-imposed, which already meant three or four fewer scholarship players per year.
    Every coach named in the NCAA's investigation has received a show-cause (essentially an NCAA blackball for a period of time). That doesn't include new head coach Matt Luke, who wasn't named. Former assistant David Saunders' show-cause runs for eight years. Former staffer Barney Farrar faces five.

ur

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2017, 09:32:14 am
After five years, the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions finally issued a ruling in Ole Miss’s recruiting scandal on Friday morning.

The core penalties, per a source close to Ole Miss:

An additional bowl-ban year (2018).
    Because of that total two-year bowl ban, NCAA rules state Ole Miss players are now free to transfer elsewhere without sitting out a season.
    Probation running concurrently with current probation for a total of four years.
    Financial penalties.
    A total scholarship reduction of 13 over a period of years. That’s in addition to the 11 over four years that Ole Miss self-imposed, which already meant three or four fewer scholarship players per year.
    Every coach named in the NCAA’s investigation has received a show-cause (essentially an NCAA blackball for a period of time). That doesn’t include new head coach Matt Luke, who wasn’t named. Former assistant David Saunders’ show-cause runs for eight years. Former staffer Barney Farrar faces five.

All players can transfer?

Dwight_K_Shrute

That's a ban hammer and most likely why they just settled on keeping Luke.  I bet Shea Patterson transfers for sure, but Ta'amu showed enough where a program in transition that needs a QB for a year might take him as well.  Hell if Kiffin stays at FAU he could stock his roster with these guys.

A Mike Norvell or Gus Malzahn could plug some holes on our rosters with some as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Fay-hog

ouch. Wish we had a coach to go talk to their WR and lineman

ipigsooie

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 01, 2017, 09:38:20 am
That's a ban hammer and most likely why they just settled on keeping Luke.  I bet Shea Patterson transfers for sure, but Ta'amu showed enough where a program in transition that needs a QB for a year might take him as well.  Hell if Kiffin stays at FAU he could stock his roster with these guys.

Patterson will be at Michigan next year.

jacobp

Quote from: ipigsooie on December 01, 2017, 09:21:41 am
Crazy thing is all coaches received shoe causes. What happens with Luke?  He was part of that staff. Fired with cause?
All coaches named in the case. Luke was not named

ipigsooie

Quote from: jacobp on December 01, 2017, 09:49:14 am
All coaches named in the case. Luke was not named

I also read that Freeze only received a 1 year show cause and a 2 game ban as a head coach only. In theory he could be a coordinator somewhere this year with no repercussions.