Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We let Tennessee

Started by dalefromspringdale, November 30, 2017, 09:55:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dalefromspringdale

Steal our coach. Sounds like Leach is going to Tennessee (per NBCDFW sports). Tennessee stumbled around and embarrassed themselves this week but they're going to stumble into a great hire. It was right there in front of us for the taking and we didn't even try. I really want Gus, he would be best case scenario but I highly doubt he's coming. The only way we look good after not even talking to Leach is if we get Gus and we knew it the whole time.

searkhogfan

If Leach will take that job after Shat Show they've had..  We don't need him....

HogNTX

LOL.. where on NBCDFW sports... the Cowboys game is the only thing on NBC in DFW right now.

dalefromspringdale

Quote from: HogNTX on November 30, 2017, 10:00:04 pm
LOL.. where on NBCDFW sports... the Cowboys game is the only thing on NBC in DFW right now.

DuckTalesLOL

pigroots

Leach will not fare well vs the best SEC defenses. He was our 6-7 th best option. Glad he's headed east

rljjr

Quote from: dalefromspringdale on November 30, 2017, 09:55:51 pm
Steal our coach. Sounds like Leach is going to Tennessee (per NBCDFW sports). Tennessee stumbled around and embarrassed themselves this week but they're going to stumble into a great hire. It was right there in front of us for the taking and we didn't even try. I really want Gus, he would be best case scenario but I highly doubt he's coming. The only way we look good after not even talking to Leach is if we get Gus and we knew it the whole time.

Awesome. Now he can go top out at 7-8 wins there with a 9 win season thrown in for mere excitement. Yippy.

HogNTX

Quote from: dalefromspringdale on November 30, 2017, 10:02:06 pm

cool... I checked their website and am watching the Cowboys on it currently. Personally I'm glad if Leach is headed there because then he can't be headed to the hill. I honestly think that we've got a lot better options in front of us and that he wasn't top 3 or maybe even top 5.

SooieGeneris

The lead up to the game between Tenner and 'Bama will be more entertaining than the game with Saban lecturing against ripped jeans or talking about "rat poison" and Leach with his pirate shtick and wedding planning advice. What a contrast that will be.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Oliver

Great hire by Tennessee if this is true!

DallasHogFan

He will wreck shop in the SEC with that recruiting base. We should have hired him.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

GoHogzzGo

That sucks they got lucky.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

buldozer

He is a good coach and will improve their WL record if they hire him. He may have some issues but fielding a football team ain't one of them

longpig

Quote from: pigroots on November 30, 2017, 10:04:35 pm
Leach will not fare well vs the best SEC defenses. He was our 6-7 th best option. Glad he's headed east

Tennessee's too apparently.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I don't considering this a bad thing. Unless we end up with Morris

PorkSoda

Quote from: rljjr on November 30, 2017, 10:07:40 pm
Awesome. Now he can go top out at 7-8 wins there with a 9 win season thrown in for mere excitement. Yippy.
after the last 5 years, that sounds pretty good.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bphi11ips

Tennessee going further and further away from what made them great to begin with.  Couldn't be better news than this.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Porknoxville

The Pitt State Gorilla is his favorite mascot! He is one of 4 power 5 coaches that never played college football. I think he will do more than fine at UT.

rowdy1

Are you kidding?  We don't want Leach!!!!!!!
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

regi

This Leach love on Hogville is laughable.  He is at best,  Tennessee's 10th option. He is 38-37 at WSU,  and he has filed law suits against two previous employers.  Sorry some of you are dissapointed we were not forced to hire him like Tennessee was.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgTide

Quote from: longpig on November 30, 2017, 10:32:56 pm
Tennessee's too apparently.

It looks like he was the 9th option at Tenner

hobhog

I'm glad he is coaching in Sec as fun to watch. Even happier he's not here.

greenie

There's at least 2 guys on HV hiding behind faux hog handles (not talking about AllVol).  I haven't seen them on here for a few months (probably because of the state of the Tenner program).  The real question is, how long will it be before they start showing up on here if they land Leach.

haystack

Quote from: pigroots on November 30, 2017, 10:04:35 pm
Neither will Gus IMHO.

uofajoe99

What? You realize Gus is in the SEC Championship game this weekend right?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rljjr on November 30, 2017, 10:07:40 pm

That's all Gus is supposed to do at Arkansas according to this board.

That's what he would do at Arkansas in reality.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

swineology

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 01, 2017, 12:05:52 am

As long as Gus don't go B2B, 4-7 and 5-6, dude can retire here, so says Hogville

presidenthog

AFWarrior83

Leach did a great job at Texas Tech and Washington State. I think he's gonna do really well at Tennessee if he gets the job. He will have an easier road to the SECC competing in the East.
Hogville member since 2005.

Bkhardicars

I like Leach and will be glad he's not in the West.That being said, I don't think it's accurate to say we "let" TENN get him when he was clearly plan E ,F, or even G for us..For me, He was who I wanted after Gus ,NORVELL, And Kiffin.

Pork Twain

December 01, 2017, 06:18:17 am #32 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:50:17 am by Pork Twain
Overreact much?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HoggusMaximus

he was never our pick if I had to guess.

Smallie Bigs

What is all this Drama Queen foolishness! Tennessee didn't steal anything from us. Did we offer Leach the Job? Was he ever a serious contender even? Texas Tech & Wash st is not the SEC. You must have defense to succeed here. Jesus Christ just relax.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

LawyerHog50

"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

rljjr

I know. I have other favorites.

(notOM)Rebel123

Is locking a player in a closet "riot-worthy"?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

SquidBilly

Agreed.  I just don't see why everyone thinks he's the answer when his record at Auburn says otherwise.

Redhogs

Quote from: uofajoe99 on November 30, 2017, 11:58:35 pm
What? You realize Gus is in the SEC Championship game this weekend right?
Sure..HDN did that twice while here...how did that end up?  Gus= fools gold. His record at AUBURN has averaged 8-5..what do you think he will do at Ar?  No upside to this.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 01, 2017, 06:59:40 am
Agreed.  I just don't see why everyone thinks he's the answer when his record at Auburn says otherwise.
Yep...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

dalefromspringdale

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on December 01, 2017, 06:41:47 am
What is all this Drama Queen foolishness! Tennessee didn't steal anything from us. Did we offer Leach the Job? Was he ever a serious contender even? Texas Tech & Wash st is not the SEC. You must have defense to succeed here. Jesus Christ just relax.

I didn't mean literally "steal". I think we should've at least talked to him while he was available though. Since he's not from the SEC, who is your favorite candidate? I'm guessing they're in the SEC....

jkstock04

My hunch is Leach will win around 8-9 games/year at Tennessee. I'd take it. Be interesting to see what he does...if this comes to fruition.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pork Ranger

The day is young, UT still has plenty of time to screw it up

BR

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2017, 10:49:17 pm
This Leach love on Hogville is laughable.  He is at best,  Tennessee's 10th option. He is 38-37 at WSU,  and he has filed law suits against two previous employers.  Sorry some of you are dissapointed we were not forced to hire him like Tennessee was.
Texas Tech for not paying him, and who is your other...  Plus where is the link to back it up?
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 01, 2017, 06:55:48 am
Is locking a player in a closet "riot-worthy"?
It was proven that Adam James did that on his own, Read the Court Documents...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BR on December 01, 2017, 07:26:38 am
It was proven that Adam James did that on his own, Read the Court Documents...

Lighten up, Francis. Geez.

Psss....
Don't tell me you actually read the court documents?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogarusa

Not ready to believe Tennessee has their coach until a press
Conference is had. Hogs are all in on Gus and Leach is a fine back up plan if that didnt happen, but it appears he wasnt Plans B or C either. Would be a lucky ending for Tennessee.

Gives me hope that if Hogs lose choices 1-4 that there are still opportunities out there for great hires.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

jkstock04

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 01, 2017, 07:24:39 am
The day is young, UT still has plenty of time to screw it up
This lol. I mean at this point even the Hogville kneejerk crowd oughta pump the breaks on this til he's standing at the podium wearing ugly orange. Leach is option #6 for them down the line that we know of.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Bubba's Bruisers

Fitting that Leach would be the one to take the UT job.  Crazy attracts crazy.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15