Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

we need to find our version of Mike Anderson

Started by #1 STUNNA, November 30, 2017, 05:44:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

just my opinion.. but we need to find someone that wants to be here and be here for a while.. someone that knows the ins and outs of Arkansas and its culture. someone that can build some tradition and keep adding to it. Petrino has proved that it is possible for Arkansas to win and compete in the SEC. We need to get someone that can lock down the state recruiting and go into other hot beds and steal a few. We need to hire our Mike Anderson this go around.. no BS coach thats just gonna use us as a stepping stone.... The question is who is that coach? Malzahn? Norvell? cant think of any others that would possibly view this job as their dream job. Pay the money and get one of them!!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I agree don't go cheap on either.  Of course Gus demands more coin due to experience, accomplishments, etc.  Probably going to take $6.  But if Gus gets a hankering and decides to stay at AU don't [CENSORED] foot around with Norvell and act like well we want you but we only like you enough if you will take $3 mil.  He's no no Joe Moorhead and we by Gawd have more resources than MSU.  If you have to pay him $4.5 pay him $4.5, $5? Maybe so, but if he is the guy make the investment.  He's not going to sit on his A and not earn it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Murr

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2017, 05:54:57 pm
I agree don't go cheap on either.  Of course Gus demands more coin due to experience, accomplishments, etc.  Probably going to take $6.  But if Gus gets a hankering and decides to stay at AU don't [CENSORED] foot around with Norvell and act like well we want you but we only like you enough if you will take $3 mil.  He's no no Joe Moorhead and we by Gawd have more resources than MSU.  If you have to pay him $4.5 pay him $4.5, $5? Maybe so, but if he is the guy make the investment.  He's not going to sit on his A and not earn it.

Gus won two National Championships at Auburn; one as an OC another as. Head Coach and now could win a third with that defense and killer offense.

Pay him $7-9M per if need be.  If we wanna beat the 'banners of this world, pay a coach and staff approximately the same.  I'd even throw $3M per at Venerables to be DC.

nwahogs

Quote from: Murr on November 30, 2017, 06:49:54 pm
Gus won two National Championships at Auburn; one as an OC another as. Head Coach and now could win a third with that defense and killer offense.

Pay him $7-9M per if need be.  If we wanna beat the 'banners of this world, pay a coach and staff approximately the same.  I'd even throw $3M per at Venerables to be DC.

What year did he win as hc?

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: Murr on November 30, 2017, 06:49:54 pm

He won one national title..... runner up the second time.  He obviously has a very good offer on the table for him to basically be giving Auburn an ultimatum with a list of what he wants from them to get him to stay.

Freebrd

Mike Anderson has a .637 wining percentage (130-74).  12 football games a year times .637 would equal 7.6 wins per year.  Hmmmm, I was hoping for a few more wins per year.

JONAS

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 30, 2017, 05:44:30 pm
just my opinion.. but we need to find someone that wants to be here and be here for a while.. someone that knows the ins and outs of Arkansas and its culture. someone that can build some tradition and keep adding to it. Petrino has proved that it is possible for Arkansas to win and compete in the SEC. We need to get someone that can lock down the state recruiting and go into other hot beds and steal a few. We need to hire our Mike Anderson this go around.. no BS coach thats just gonna use us as a stepping stone.... The question is who is that coach? Malzahn? Norvell? cant think of any others that would possibly view this job as their dream job. Pay the money and get one of them!!!!!

Norvell wants the job.

dirtdobber

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 30, 2017, 05:44:30 pm
Is that what he did with Monk?

East Clintwood

You want a coach that can't make adjustments during the game? 

We just fired one of those.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Freebrd on November 30, 2017, 07:03:12 pm
Mike Anderson has a .637 wining percentage (130-74).  12 football games a year times .637 would equal 7.6 wins per year.  Hmmmm, I was hoping for a few more wins per year.

What was Houston nutts average here? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Uncommon

Our version of Mike Anderson is Tim Horton folks.

nwahogs

Our version of Mike Anderson is Mike Anderson.

jdlew

Anderson has not won anything yet...Maybe with this huge influx of Arkansas talent he can...but so far he has under achieved...

East Clintwood

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: jdlew on November 30, 2017, 08:37:32 pm
Anderson has not won anything yet...Maybe with this huge influx of Arkansas talent he can...but so far he has under achieved...

Neither has any Arkansas football coach since joining the SEC.  so what is your point?  He has at least gone up every year he has been here except for 1 and in the last 3 years he has played in 2 ncaa tournaments and won the first game in the tournament and has a team that looks really good right now.   "Oh but he didn't do good starting out". He did far better than heath and Pelphrey did.  Which the 2 of them COMBINED for only 2 winning SEC seasons in 9 years. "Well the sec has been weak" NEWS FLASH it has been WEAK FOR ALMOST 15 years now.  This is the first year in a very long time that it actually looks like the SEC of the 90s. 

Hawg Life

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 30, 2017, 06:55:40 pm
He won one national title..... runner up the second time.  He obviously has a very good offer on the table for him to basically be giving Auburn an ultimatum with a list of what he wants from them to get him to stay.

Both with Chizik's players.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 30, 2017, 09:28:09 pm

Not entirely correct there.   He was involved in recruiting those players also. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 30, 2017, 08:57:44 pm
Almost exactly what Gus's will be.

I'm betting he would do better than Nutt here. I don't see him having the "2 year pass" in his time here because Gus can actually coach.  He isn't just a rah rah guy like Nutt was.  He would probably average about 8 wins a year which many would be happy with here. 

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 30, 2017, 09:28:09 pm
Not really sure what that even has to do with me correcting the other poster saying Gus had won 2 titles.   But carry on with your agenda.

jdlew

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 30, 2017, 09:24:51 pm
Neither has any Arkansas football coach since joining the SEC.  so what is your point?  He has at least gone up every year he has been here except for 1 and in the last 3 years he has played in 2 ncaa tournaments and won the first game in the tournament and has a team that looks really good right now.   "Oh but he didn't do good starting out". He did far better than heath and Pelphrey did. 

You answered all your questions...we are not talking about  what all the other guys didn't do...over all he has under achieved...I like Mike and want him to win big...only problem is looks like a lot of SEC teams are one the way up...

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 30, 2017, 09:24:51 pm
Neither has any Arkansas football coach since joining the SEC.  so what is your point?  He has at least gone up every year he has been here except for 1 and in the last 3 years he has played in 2 ncaa tournaments and won the first game in the tournament and has a team that looks really good right now.   "Oh but he didn't do good starting out". He did far better than heath and Pelphrey did.  Which the 2 of them COMBINED for only 2 winning SEC seasons in 9 years. "Well the sec has been weak" NEWS FLASH it has been WEAK FOR ALMOST 15 years now.  This is the first year in a very long time that it actually looks like the SEC of the 90s. 
Which the 2 of them COMBINED for only 2 winning SEC seasons in 9 years. "Well the sec has been weak" NEWS FLASH it has been WEAK FOR ALMOST 15 years now.  This is the first year in a very long time that it actually looks like the SEC of the 90s. 

East Clintwood

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 30, 2017, 09:31:40 pm
I'm betting he would do better than Nutt here. I don't see him having the "2 year pass" in his time here because Gus can actually coach.  He isn't just a rah rah guy like Nutt was.  He would probably average about 8 wins a year which many would be happy with here. 

He barely averages that at Auburn with all of their recruiting advantages. 

#1 STUNNA

Our basketball program is light years ahead of our football program. He knows what Arkansas is about. It might have taken him some time but they have steadily improved. And when you improve recruiting gets better. And when recruiting gets better you win more games. And when you win more games you get an amazing fan base and state that believes in you. And oh yea when all this happens you freaking recruit and WIN more!!!! Find a guy that wants this to be home not a guy using this as a stepping stone.