Started by michiganhog65, November 30, 2017, 01:05:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on November 30, 2017, 01:23:40 pm
1. What are you talking about? He has a top 25 D at WAZZOU
2. Um, he gets players fired up.
3. That's just false.

1. actually they are 31 out of 130
2. BB got them fired them up fired up but they were soft and reflected his laid back attitude
3. Look at his records. He never had an unbeaten year, and the teams that beat him are the better teams in the Pac10 and Big 12. There aren't many weak sisters in the SEC.

Avg. pointts. for? 31
Avg. points against.? 24

Wow that's impressive.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Academic

Leach is and has been #1 on my list from the beginning. He is the only coach in the mix that has proven they can win tons of games in a P5 conference with less talent than anyone else. I don't care what coach we get, we can't out recruit the SEC... I would be happy with Gus, but he has only ever proven that he can win in the SEC with top 10 recruiting classes, he's not going to get that at AR.

I doubt we end up with him unfortunately, but for now.. I'm on board the Pirate Ship!

Calvin Swine

November 30, 2017, 01:37:17 pm #52 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:06:37 pm by Calvin Swine
He's probably #3 on my list behind Norvell and Kiffin so I'd be good with it.

Sivad

Cotton

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 30, 2017, 01:35:02 pm
Think he would be saying Norvell was just a cover up?
Nah, he'll say Tenner swooped in and offered more money before we were willing to ink a deal and he got tired of waiting on us.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Coach Obvious

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Academic

Quotebut sources told FootballScoop that Arkansas, while holding out hope, is preparing for the eventuality Malzahn does not come. In that scenario, we hear the focus of the coaching search is targeting offensive-minded coaches who can effectively recruit Texas.

hmmmmmmmm.............

http://footballscoop.com/news/update-gus-malzahn-arkansas-searches/

widespreadsooie

Hogeration

Quote from: HenduHog on November 30, 2017, 01:20:59 pm
I wouldn't quit watching but I'm not a Leach fan.

1. Never plays defense.
2. He is a "players coach". We saw how that worked out with BB.
3. His offense can be stopped by any good coach and team (see Washington U and Peterson).

To me all are negatives, but especially #2.

Not necessarily for Leach but he did pretty good when he was OC at Kentucky. Probably the best years they have had.

TheEnemy

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 30, 2017, 01:43:42 pm
Give me Leach or give me bleach!

Bleach it is then

Norvell or Kiffin please....with Morris or Venables as their backups.

Academic

Quote from: Hogeration on November 30, 2017, 01:44:00 pm
Not necessarily for Leach but he did pretty good when he was OC at Kentucky. Probably the best years they have had.

He's given UK, TT, WSU all the best years they have had. And they are lower tier schools in major P5 conferences. Does that sound like a familiar situation to anyone?

Hawgboy64

"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

ricehog43

U of A Alum 2011.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Serious question- Why do they call him the pirate?
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Karma on November 30, 2017, 01:32:28 pm
The funniest thing if we hire Leach is how quickly Pig in the Pokey says he called it the whole way.

Yep, dude is the least credible "source" on the board.  Typically scares who ever Arkansas is after by becoming "friends" with them on social media and sending them direct messages.

Arkansas loses every time...

Uncommon

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on November 30, 2017, 01:49:35 pm
Idiot troll
With the avi, you could've said that, "He knows nothing.".  So I'm going have to give you a -1 here.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Pork Ranger on November 30, 2017, 01:52:14 pm
Yep, dude is the least credible "source" on the board.  Typically scares who ever Arkansas is after by becoming "friends" with them on social media and sending them direct messages.

Arkansas loses every time...

Can we send him Chad Morris' way?

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Brass Knob

Quote from: Coach Obvious on November 30, 2017, 01:25:34 pm
Arrrrr

Eye patch makes that a pretty bad ass looking hog...

Leach would be a great hire IMO. Won at two places much harder to win at than Arkansas.

Coach Obvious

jrulz83

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 30, 2017, 01:28:07 pm
Kiffin starting to sound better and better, huh?

Every second this goes on he does.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Brass Knob on November 30, 2017, 01:55:45 pm
Eye patch makes that a pretty bad ass looking hog...

Leach would be a great hire IMO. Won at two places much harder to win at than Arkansas.

Would never be a dull moment offensively, for sure.

Calvin Swine

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 30, 2017, 01:52:03 pm
Serious question- Why do they call him the pirate?

He has a fascination with them.  Pirate ships decorate his office along with a life sized mannequin in full pirate regalia.  He also quotes pirate references, enjoys pirate lore, and creates pirate motto's like "Swing Your Sword" for his teams.  I also recall him saying something about giving his team a speech on unity and what's great about being a pirate, because regardless of race, religion, or background anyone can be a pirate.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Karma on November 30, 2017, 01:30:41 pm
We need a bike.

Bike?  Did you say bike?

Now you're just toying with our emotions. 

HawgTide

Quote from: TheEnemy on November 30, 2017, 01:10:25 pm
I will be extremely disappointed if we end up with Leach.

I fully expect some to bitch no matter who we hire. We are a damaged fan base

EastexHawg

rljjr

Quote from: HawgTide on November 30, 2017, 01:59:41 pm

I fully expect some to bitch no matter who we hire. We are a damaged fan base

Damaged is a good word for it. Thirsty for a winner.

hvsupastar

I didn't see this before I started the bizarre thread.  PLEASE BE TRUE!
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Razorback de Nosferatu

Mike Leach should be Gus's backup plan.  And it ain't even close.  ;)

LAGNAF

If you're on the fence about Leach.....Remember, he did lock whiny ass Craig James' son in a dark closet. That's enough to put me down on Leach's side of the fence.

Academic

Quote from: LAGNAF on November 30, 2017, 02:11:54 pm
If you're on the fence about Leach.....Remember, he did lock whiny ass Craig James' son in a dark closet. That's enough to put me down on Leach's side of the fence.

In case you missed it, every player on the team wrote a hand written letter stating that that categorically did not happen and his son made it all up because he wasn't getting enough playing time

a shady hog

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on November 30, 2017, 02:06:08 pm
Mike Leach should be Gus's backup plan.  And it ain't even close.  ;)
Then you can say goodbye to that stable of running backs we have now, and to future ones. NO RUNNING BACK worth anything wants to play in the Leach Air Raid Offense!

Leach is the antithesis of Gus. That would be a complete 180 and how long would it take for Leach to implement that Air Raid offense? It wouldn't work overnight, if ever. 

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

electricpig

Quote from: HenduHog on November 30, 2017, 01:35:31 pm
1. actually they are 31 out of 130
2. BB got them fired them up fired up but they were soft and reflected his laid back attitude
3. Look at his records. He never had an unbeaten year, and the teams that beat him are the better teams in the Pac10 and Big 12. There aren't many weak sisters in the SEC.

Avg. pointts. for? 31
Avg. points against.? 24

Wow that's impressive.

Rookie observation here but I've heard a lot of talk about we can't win without defense in the SEC. The Wash St defense isn't that great. Ranked as 31st to 48th depending on whose statistics you believe the most. And that's not against SEC caliber teams too. Granted, this is better than we have been so improvement is improvement. But is he worth the hire just for the high powered offense and hopefully a decent defense?

EP

hawgon

Quote from: LAGNAF on November 30, 2017, 02:11:54 pm

And that ain't nothing compared to what Craig James did to those five prostitutes.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HF#1 on November 30, 2017, 01:05:56 pm
Yeah, apparently we are talking to Leach.
much better back up than Morris!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

a shady hog

Leach = no running backs wanting to play here.

ChicoHog

The_MardDog

Quote from: Razorpigg on November 30, 2017, 01:12:02 pm
Depends if you want to win or not. Leach is a home run hire.

That was my initial reaction to that comment.  Who doesn't want to win?

soooieman

Quote from: HenduHog on November 30, 2017, 01:20:59 pm
I wouldn't quit watching but I'm not a Leach fan.

1. Never plays defense.
2. He is a "players coach". We saw how that worked out with BB.
3. His offense can be stopped by any good coach and team (see Washington U and Peterson).

To me all are negatives, but especially #2.
Guess u didn't watch any WSU games this year.  They were top 15 in D and tackled very well.

He has also beaten many top D's.

code red

Quote from: soooieman on November 30, 2017, 02:36:28 pm
Guess u didn't watch any WSU games this year.  They were top 15 in D and tackled very well.

He has also beaten many top D's.
What is his SEC record?

code red

We are barking up the wrong tree unless we get a SEC guy....just MHO.

Dwight_K_Shrute

You can do open due dilligence with guys like Mike Leach and Chad Morris because they aren't coaching.  Search firm can do vetting and contact with guys that are still coaching.

I'm fine with talking, then rank who you like 1 to 6 and start making offers (on Saturday night).
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

His D is salty and has a very good young DC.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Quote from: Uncommon on November 30, 2017, 01:52:53 pm
With the avi, you could've said that, "He knows nothing.".  So I'm going have to give you a -1 here.
Yeah, who is that in the avatar?

Brass Knob

Quote from: a shady hog on November 30, 2017, 02:25:03 pm
Then you can say goodbye to that stable of running backs we have now, and to future ones. NO RUNNING BACK worth anything wants to play in the Leach Air Raid Offense!

Leach is the antithesis of Gus. That would be a complete 180 and how long would it take for Leach to implement that Air Raid offense? It wouldn't work overnight, if ever. 

Eh, not totally true.

Leading rushers
Williams 664 yards on 117 carries 8TDs - 10 catches 171 yards 2 TDs - 127 touches for 835 yards and 10 TDs
Whaley 588 yards on 127 carries 7 TDs - 8 catches 56 yards 1TD - 135 touches for 644 yards and 9 TDs
Hayden 338 yards on 61 carries 4 TDs - 1 catch 23 yards 0 TDs - 62 touches for 361 yards and 4 TDs

Leach's RBs
381 yards on 89 carries 1 TDs - 61 catches 417 yards 3 TDs - 150 touches for 798 yards and 4 TDs
522 yards on 86 carries 4 TDs - 56 catches 479 yards 5TDs - 142 touches for 1,001 and 9 TDs
156 yards on 32 carries 1 TD - 14 catches 72 yards 0 TDs - 46 touches for 228 yards and 1 TD

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 30, 2017, 01:59:21 pm
Bike?  Did you say bike?

Now you're just toying with our emotions. 
I want to get on the Mike Bike. (Norvell, not Leach).

Sorry, i didn't mean our previous coach that wasn't a good bike rider.

Brass Knob

Quote from: a shady hog on November 30, 2017, 02:31:16 pm
Leach = no running backs wanting to play here.

Not true. The two top RBs in Leach's offense had more total touches and more total yards from scrimmage than AR's two top RBs...