Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non-conference schedule will be a success if . . .

Started by Bacon_Bitz, November 29, 2017, 10:43:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

We win 1 of 2 of @Houston or v. Minnesota.  The rest are rent-a-wins which is fine considering the schedule we've played so far.  Split the competitive games and we will be sitting at 10-2 going into conference play, and I think we'd only need 9 wins to get in the tourney.

If we are 11-1 non-conference, we'll be ranked the rest of the season probably.

BannerMountainMan

You are exactly right. I say 10-8 in conf and we in
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Fan701

I wouldn't overlook Cal State Bakersfield.  They're supposed to be quite good, and we play them two days after Christmas and just before the start of conference play, so might be hard to focus on them.  It's just possible they are better than Houston.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

gmarv

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 29, 2017, 11:07:10 am
Plus don't forget oklahoma st also mid season
After the butt whopping we took from them last year I don,t think we lose this one in our house.

BRHogfan

November 29, 2017, 12:06:48 pm #5 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:50:10 pm by BRHogfan
I think 9 wins in conference would be a failure.  The last time we posted 9 wins was 2 years ago during the 16-16 season. Mike's first year we were 13-3 going into conference play and went 6-10 losting losing 9 of 12 to end the season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 29, 2017, 12:06:48 pm
I think 9 wins in conference would be a failure.  The last time we posted 9 wins was 2 years ago during the 16-16 season. Mike's first year we were 13-3 going into conference play and went 6-10 losting 9 of 12 to end the season.

Boy was that a raggedy roster. Got real ugly when Powell went down 2 games into the season and we were stuck with Mickelson, Abron, Sanchez and Waithe down low.

BRHogfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 29, 2017, 12:57:47 pm
Boy was that a raggedy roster. Got real ugly when Powell went down 2 games into the season and we were stuck with Mickelson, Abron, Sanchez and Waithe down low.

I randomly looked at some of those games on Hogstats.com and Waithe was a high scorer in some of those games. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 29, 2017, 02:51:52 pm
I randomly looked at some of those games on Hogstats.com and Waithe was a high scorer in some of those games.

If we would've kept pel, things would've gotten baddd, even worse than what they were.

daprospecta

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 29, 2017, 12:06:48 pm
I think 9 wins in conference would be a failure.  The last time we posted 9 wins was 2 years ago during the 16-16 season. Mike's first year we were 13-3 going into conference play and went 6-10 losting losing 9 of 12 to end the season.

This is the toughest non-conf schedule we've had in Mike's tenure.  We haven't played a cupcake and we have played two blue-bloods(UCONN and UNC) and went 1-1. I don't know where you would put Oklahoma but they have had recent success.  Also, the mid-majors we have played are solid teams. I think our only potential losses rest with Minnesota and OSU.  OSU lost their coach and Minnesota is coming to the bud.  I like our chances in both but wouldn't be upset with either loss.

010HogFan

Quote from: daprospecta on November 29, 2017, 03:52:07 pm
This is the toughest non-conf schedule we've had in Mike's tenure.  We haven't played a cupcake and we have played two blue-bloods(UCONN and UNC) and went 1-1. I don't know where you would put Oklahoma but they have had recent success.  Also, the mid-majors we have played are solid teams. I think our only potential losses rest with Minnesota and OSU.  OSU lost their coach and Minnesota is coming to the bud.  I like our chances in both but wouldn't be upset with either loss.

UCONN was pretty terrible though. Definitely not a blueblood caliber team at the moment. Oklahoma is by far our best win.

HF#1

I think we will win both of those games, honestly.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg Red

For the life of me, I still don't know why we were paired with OK State in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge again. Makes no sense. They will get handled in BWA at any rate...

dddollars

Quote from: gmarv on November 29, 2017, 11:29:17 am
After the butt whopping we took from them last year I don,t think we lose this one in our house.

I hope not.... I went over to Stillwater for that game and it was painful. I bought around ten tickets for my crew and Okie State friends in Oklahoma and we all went over there for the day and to the game. We were dominated and never in the game.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 29, 2017, 12:57:47 pm

Shows how weak the SEC was that year for us to still get 6 wins lol.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 30, 2017, 10:36:03 am
Shows how weak the SEC was that year for us to still get 6 wins lol.
a great Coach like CMA can do stuff like that

NoogaHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 30, 2017, 10:01:21 am
For the life of me, I still don't know why we were paired with OK State in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge again. Makes no sense. They will get handled in BWA at any rate...

I think it is handled by last year's standings mostly. 1v1, 2v2, etc. There are other factors also, such as each team alternating home and road games consecutive years, 4 SEC teams rotating out every year.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

rwspear

Quote from: Fan701 on November 29, 2017, 10:57:19 am
I wouldn't overlook Cal State Bakersfield.  They're supposed to be quite good, and we play them two days after Christmas and just before the start of conference play, so might be hard to focus on them.  It's just possible they are better than Houston.

lol ok Davis

#hogsby30

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Fan701 on November 29, 2017, 10:57:19 am

We play them at the Bud...Sooo, we should be concerned about them?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8