Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New rankings

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 27, 2017, 09:48:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Kentucky 6, A&M up 10 spots to 8, Florida at 9, Alabama moved up 7 spots after losing to Minn, now at 18.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

jjdlc

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 27, 2017, 09:48:59 am
Kentucky 6, A&M up 10 spots to 8, Florida at 9, Alabama moved up 7 spots after losing to Minn, now at 18.

Doesn't surprise me, Alabama getting a lot of sympathy for ending the game with only 3 players.  The fact that they cut the lead to 5 is probably a bit over-hyped as I'm sure Minnesota coasted a bit at that point.

greenEGnHAWGS

So...are we still not ranked?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

010HogFan

The poll isn't even out yet...

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Wisco Pig

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 27, 2017, 10:28:56 am
Well this was this https://twitter.com/cbssportscbb/status/934488597360758789

These must be the weekly rankings from Gary Parrish, a columnist at CBSSports.com.   The AP and coaches' rankings should post pretty soon.

rzrbackramsfan

ESPN just released their power index and we weren't on their top 25. 

Adam Stokes

Got 17 votes in the AP poll, coming in at #33, up from #39 last week. Seems like USA Today gave us more love last week at #33, so we may get closer to cracking the Top 25 there.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 27, 2017, 11:33:43 am
Got 17 votes in the AP poll, coming in at #33, up from #39 last week. Seems like USA Today gave us more love last week at #33, so we may get closer to cracking the Top 25 there.

The other polls are interesting but the AP poll is the one that really matters to me. Goes back for years to when the AP and UPI polls were the two polls everybody checked weekly.

incHOGnito

It's a long season.  I hope we continue to remain unranked and "disrespected."   I think we thrive on that "us against the world" mentality.

If we close out the pre-conference season strong with wins at Houston and against Minnesota, we will be ranked going into SEC play, which sets us up nicely to work our way into a high seed come tourney time, especially with the respect the SEC is getting this year.

Hogs49ers

We are #16 on teamrankings.com - their rankings seem to be more accurate than any and do a really good job on early season rankings.  The AP poll and basically all polls will be much better and more accurate later in the season, but I think it is silly to follow the out dated AP poll this early in the season because they just continue to put way too much weight on their preseason rankings of teams and are slow to move away from where they start.  I mean seriously, please find me 25 teams with 5 better wins than us and only 1 loss to a really good team.  You just cannot do it...
SCREW Vandy!

ricehog43

Quote from: incHOGnito on November 27, 2017, 11:53:19 am
It's a long season.  I hope we continue to remain unranked and "disrespected."   I think we thrive on that "us against the world" mentality.

If we close out the pre-conference season strong with wins at Houston and against Minnesota, we will be ranked going into SEC play, which sets us up nicely to work our way into a high seed come tourney time, especially with the respect the SEC is getting this year.

Yeah I agree. It's for sure a long season and remaining unranked early on will only help the guys moving on into the season.
U of A Alum 2011.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I think we should be ranked but rankings in basketball mean zero. It'll be good for the hogs to keep that edge due to disrespect.

Adam Stokes

And... USA Today/Coaches has us at #30, up from #33. Still behind Arizona? Hmm...

alohawg

Keep winning and those things take care of themselves. I like the no respect motivator.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on November 27, 2017, 01:08:20 pm
And... USA Today/Coaches has us at #30, up from #33. Still behind Arizona? Hmm...

We are right there.. keep winning and we are in soon... gives us incentive...

jacketsting

A win at Houston will get us even closer but I think if we beat Minnesota in a couple of weeks that will get us in for sure.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: jjdlc on November 27, 2017, 10:02:29 am
Doesn't surprise me, Alabama getting a lot of sympathy for ending the game with only 3 players.  The fact that they cut the lead to 5 is probably a bit over-hyped as I'm sure Minnesota coasted a bit at that point.

To heck with the sympathy. It should be surprising. A gallant effort with 3 players for sure but players bench and fouling out. That is on Bama. Had they not obviously,the injuries wouldn't have played as big a role...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

AlmaHog2011

I'm disappointed..But like said up this thread keep winning and we will be in the top 15 sooner or later. Apparently later.

BannerMountainMan

What gets me is Texas lost two games this week and won 0 and jumped ahead of Arkansas in votes? It's pathetic

root_hawg

Who have we beaten, 0 ranked teams and the one ranked team we played beat us by 19.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: root_hawg on November 27, 2017, 09:07:58 pm
Who have we beaten, 0 ranked teams and the one ranked team we played beat us by 19.
go back to MMQB

jjdlc

Quote from: HawgnCorona on November 27, 2017, 03:48:54 pm
To heck with the sympathy. It should be surprising. A gallant effort with 3 players for sure but players bench and fouling out. That is on Bama. Had they not obviously,the injuries wouldn't have played as big a role...

I agree, but people do love anything they perceive as an underdog.

sigpooie

Massey  comps have us at 18 and sag is finally giving in and has us at 20. So next poll if we don't lose will put us in around 20th.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: root_hawg on November 27, 2017, 09:07:58 pm

go away

FATHAWG08

down by 6 with 3 minutes left  against NC then the Refs got involved.
I love off season Football!!

BannerMountainMan

Right now Team rankings has Arkansas as a 4 seed and I believe this site is the only bracketology that figures in all the stats from the games and not just "who they are" like most poll voters.

Sapperhog

Take care of business against Minnesota and we'll get some well deserved recognition.

cardsNhogs

If we still have only 1 loss after the Minnesota game and are still not ranked then I will be upset! We were mid to upper 30's before PK80 and now we are low 30's. The Oklahoma win and UCONN thumping were good but we also got beat 19 by UNC who got drilled by Mich St two days later.

AugustaHog

If we get by Houston and Minnesota, this team will roll for awhile.  The schedule softens a bit after the Gophers and we open conference with UT, @MSU, @AU, LSU, and Mizzou before heading to Gainesville for a big-time matchup with the Gators.  Minnesota is the only team of that bunch that we should have the possibility of losing to in non-conference.  The two road conf. matchups aren't too bad in MSU and AU and the first 3 home SEC games are manageable.  The schedule should allow us to shine until February hits.  The 3 game stretch of TAMU, UK, and @ Bama will be a fun one and will determine where we're going to shake out in the conference.  2-1 in that run and we're going to like what comes our way on selection Sunday.

010HogFan

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 28, 2017, 01:01:49 pm
If we get by Houston and Minnesota, this team will roll for awhile.  The schedule softens a bit after the Gophers and we open conference with UT, @MSU, @AU, LSU, and Mizzou before heading to Gainesville for a big-time matchup with the Gators.  Minnesota is the only team of that bunch that we should have the possibility of losing to in non-conference.  The two road conf. matchups aren't too bad in MSU and AU and the first 3 home SEC games are manageable.  The schedule should allow us to shine until February hits.  The 3 game stretch of TAMU, UK, and @ Bama will be a fun one and will determine where we're going to shake out in the conference.  2-1 in that run and we're going to like what comes our way on selection Sunday.

That Tennessee game will be a tough one, they are better than anyone expected. Same w/ LSU

wavybone

If we win our next 3, we'll be ranked.

johnfanman

We will sneak in there this year I believe. This team has too much potential.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.