Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas destroys UConn 102 to 67 these Hogs are for real

Started by forrest city joe, November 26, 2017, 06:27:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Mike Anderson has this program on fire right now.this and OU are big wins for this program. and even in the UNC game without Macon for most of the 2nd haft. this team was with in 6 points of them with 3.32 in the game.THIS RAZORBACK BASKETBALL TEAM IS FOR REAL FOLKS!and they are fun to watch.Nike Anderson has done a great job with this program.and the recruiting is getting better and better.congrats to our players and coaches on a great big time win today.GO HOGS.

JONAS

Just got to keep it up.  Hopefully when we get into SEC play, every game will not be a free throw shooting contest.

AlmaHog2011

Right you are Joe. If Gafford gets to play against NC that game would have been completely different.
This is a fun team can't wait to watch them at home. Will lose some games but this team is dangerous. Need Jones to continue to develop and Hall. But regardless this team is on it's way to a great season.

98hogs

Soooie21

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 26, 2017, 06:30:46 pm
Right you are Joe. If Gafford gets to play against NC that game would have been completely different.
This is a fun team can't wait to watch them at home. Will lose some games but this team is dangerous. Need Jones to continue to develop and Hall. But regardless this team is on it's way to a great season.
We just shot poorly against NC.....alot of in the paint shots didn't fall..

HogFoo

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 26, 2017, 06:27:39 pm
Mike Anderson has this program on fire right now.this and OU are big wins for this program. and even in the UNC game without Macon for most of the 2nd haft. this team was with in 6 points of them with 3.32 in the game.THIS RAZORBACK BASKETBALL TEAM IS FOR REAL FOLKS!and they are fun to watch.Nike Anderson has done a great job with this program.and the recruiting is getting better and better.congrats to our players and coaches on a great big time win today.GO HOGS.
totally agree.  Recruiting is getting top notch and will conti8to get better.  We'll ha e all these guys that used to say they were making a "business decision" to go elsewhere will be saying they are making that decision to be a Hog.  Just need to keep winning.  Keep developing guys like CJ, Hall, Adrio, thomas, Osabuhion  and teach Gafford not to make silly fouls.  Also, and get Cook and Garland on the court!  When I heard Walton say 1 thing I actually liked hearing him say, I thought man we need this kid.  When he was talking about how good Garland looked in warmups, said he looked like Scottie pippen out there. Asked why wasn't he playing before being told waiting on medical clearance.   I thought man, how good could this team be if he gets cleared.  He and adding a much improved Cook! Hopefully Lord willing Garland gets cleared and is deemed healthy enough to play. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

elksnort

Nice ass kicking over an elite basketball program the last 20-30 years.
We might lose a Tuesday night game on the road to some half ass SEC team but we should be a two win NCAAT team.

forrest city joe

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 26, 2017, 06:30:46 pm
Jones has a lot of offensive talent.he is going to be really good. and Gafford is just unreal.i never dreamed he would be this good.and D.Hall looks really good. love his overall game.this team is really good.

JONAS

Quote from: elksnort on November 26, 2017, 06:35:11 pm
Nice ass kicking over an elite basketball program the last 20-30 years.
We might lose a Tuesday night game on the road to some half ass SEC team but we should be a two win NCAAT team.

If we lose, it will be because SEC refs call a bunch of fouls on us.

pigture perfect

2 things I like about these guys this year. They are much better rebounding and free throw shooting as a team this year. If they can continue to improve through the year, I'm thing 4-5 seed I the dance.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

elksnort

Quote from: JONAS on November 26, 2017, 06:39:54 pm
yeah, but there will be a night where the 3s don't fall enough.
My point is, we will have some lulls, but I think a sweet 16 is what I expect.

Hollywood_HOGan45

This is a lot of fun joe. Grew up with Arkansas basketball. Incredibly glad this is coming back.

forrest city joe

If the shoe fits. don't call crap. and you won't hear from me. call a lot of BS.and you are going to hear from me.but i am not thinking about that right now.the Hogs just destroyed UConn by 35 points. i am so happy.GO HOGS.

rude1

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 26, 2017, 06:47:13 pm
If the shoe fits. don't call crap. and you won't hear from me. call a lot of BS.and you are going to hear from me.but i am not thinking about that right now.the Hogs just destroyed UConn by 35 points. i am so happy.GO HOGS.
Agree with this Joe, that was one of the most enjoyable wins in a long time, buried them early and never took the foot off their neck. Will worry about the conference when it gets here, this team is a pleasure to watch as they play for each other and the team and not themselves.

FATHAWG08

When the Hogs play this hard they are so much fun to watch. It attracts the attention of the big time recruits & puts fear in the teams they play. Today was a flash back of "40 Minutes of Total Hell" in its Prime.
I love off season Football!!

JONAS

I'm with you, Joe.  I love this team. 

Garon111

Luckily for North Carolina, they were red hot and we were not.  Had we been, we probably kick their ass.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: JONAS on November 26, 2017, 06:29:07 pm
Just got to keep it up.  Hopefully when we get into SEC play, every game will not be a free throw shooting contest.

You haters just can't be happy. We beat a power 5 team by 30+ and that's hard too do. UCONN is going to beat some quality teams in their conference and its only going to help the hogs.

hawgbawb

I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Garon111 on November 26, 2017, 07:07:48 pm
Luckily for North Carolina, they were red hot and we were not.  Had we been, we probably kick their ass.

UNC is great, but they really really got us on the right day.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Soooie21 on November 26, 2017, 06:33:22 pm
We just shot poorly against NC.....alot of in the paint shots didn't fall..

And they played 16 minutes with one foul! Meanwhile everytime Gafford breathed he got a foul called.

AlmaHog2011

If we lose when the other team is only called for one foul while we are at 10 then yes it will be because of the refs.

BTW we just beat a team and looked great why are you still on the ref issues?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 26, 2017, 07:49:50 pm
And they played 16 minutes with one foul! Meanwhile everytime Gafford breathed he got a foul called.
first 11 minutes of the game- Fouls: Gafford 2, all of UNC 1
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Garon111 on November 26, 2017, 07:07:48 pm
If Macon and Jones make their open 3's against North Carolina either we win or the game goes right down to the final seconds. Those shots that Jones made tonight he missed them against North Carolina. They were basically the same type of shots. And oh yeah, Gafford couldn't breath on a North Carolina player without a foul being called. WPS and Go Hogs!!!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 26, 2017, 07:53:22 pm
first 11 minutes of the game- Fouls: Gafford 2, all of UNC 1
And either one of those could have not been called. I sure would like to play them with Gafford and Macon playing the entire game. I can't remember watching a game where a team played so long and had one foul called against them?

From Tusk Till Dawn

The Boss had me putting up Christmas lights so I was not able to watch.  I had to run to walmart for more lights and on the drive in Uconn had cut it to 10.   A few sets of lights and an extension cord later and it was up to like 28.  I love this team!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 26, 2017, 07:59:08 pm
And either one of those could have not been called. I sure would like to play them with Gafford and Macon playing the entire game. I can't remember watching a game where a team played so long and had one foul called against them?
All while playing aggressive and physical defense. A real head scratcher ain't it ???.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HawgnCorona

We were 0-3 against these guys? Yeah, they deserved every bit of that arse kicking...Nice payback.

WPS!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Slater

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2017, 07:38:09 pm
You haters just can't be happy. We beat a power 5 team by 30+ and that's hard too do. UCONN is going to beat some quality teams in their conference and its only going to help the hogs.

The haters will be there no matter what Mike accomplishes with this team
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hawgball40

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 26, 2017, 08:16:51 pm
All while playing aggressive and physical defense. A real head scratcher ain't it ???.
True, but at this point only thing we can do is move on. 1 loss does not define our season.

snf6278

Quote from: Slater on November 26, 2017, 09:50:19 pm
The haters will be there no matter what Mike accomplishes with this team
This is true. In one of the threads in the coaching search forum we had a knucklehead start throwing out gripes about CMA. They won't give it a rest.

hogsanity

Gafford has got to quit slapping down so much. The really great shot blockers don't slap down, they just go up and either flick it away or they send it to the stands. Some of the fouls he has picked up have been on slapping down. He cuts that out and he will get fewer fouls.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on November 26, 2017, 10:48:26 pm
Gafford has got to quit slapping down so much. The really great shot blockers don't slap down, they just go up and either flick it away or they send it to the stands. Some of the fouls he has picked up have been on slapping down. He cuts that out and he will get fewer fouls.
funny you mention this I don't consider myself a great basketball mind at all but I remember this from being a little kid

RealHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 26, 2017, 10:48:26 pm
Yup, even if you don't hit them refs want call it when you slap down. Stay vertical and score them dunks on the fast break!

CFB_Fanatic

Pump the brakes, Joe.

UNC got whipped today by Mich St. Florida is outplaying Duke. Mizzou went to the wire at West Virginia. Texas AM looking great.
Then theres always Kentucky.

Arkansas will compete, and we may even be good. But we will likely be the 4th best team in the SEC this year.

You cant make it into the NCAAT in November.

forrest city joe

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on November 26, 2017, 11:47:15 pm
Pump the brakes, Joe.

UNC got whipped today by Mich St. Florida is outplaying Duke. Mizzou went to the wire at West Virginia. Texas AM looking great.

Arkansas will compete, and we may even be good. But we will likely be the 4th best team in the SEC this year.

Stop,just stop.stop making a fool out of your self.The Hofs are really good.get use to it.Mike Anderson is the man!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2017, 12:02:52 am
Stop,just stop.stop making a fool out of your self.The Hofs are really good.get use to it.Mike Anderson is the man!
Good thing Jeff Long wasn't trigger happy and fire Mike when things weren't going good.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 27, 2017, 12:02:52 am

Where did I say the hogs are bad? I didnt. Youre just acting like the Hogs made the NBA playoffs, when in reality they have shown to be mid-teir top25-ish team.

Are they better than last year? Yes. Are they better than they have been in probably 15 years? Yes.

But they arent world beaters. They COULD be. But they arent yet. A lot to prove.

If you would get off of Mike Anderson's schlong long enough you could see that.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on November 27, 2017, 02:01:05 am
Where did I say the hogs are bad? I didnt. Youre just acting like the Hogs made the NBA playoffs, when in reality they have shown to be mid-teir top25-ish team.

Are they better than last year? Yes. Are they better than they have been in probably 15 years? Yes.

But they arent world beaters. They COULD be. But they arent yet. A lot to prove.

If you would get off of Mike Anderson's schlong long enough you could see that.

SEC basketball is tougher than SEC football this season. If Arkansas finish 4th or 5th I could see the 3 or 4 teams ahead of the Hogs in the top 25. We are not world beaters but we are good enough to get in.
We might not get in the NCAA tournament in November but the SEC is proving the quality of their teams in November and December. That will improve selections and seeding when its time for March. That game against UCONN was big time if UCONN can get on a roll in conference play.

snoot hoggy hog

If felt good to hand out a beat down. Usually we're on the receiving end of those "worst loss in school history" games. Talking about CMA lighting a fire under their butts.

hassettsportsman

IMO...I will freely admit that I thought CMA was getting a free ride because he was Nolan's protégé.  Just like the football Hogs....attendance was/is waning.  But, it was great to see the hoopsters put on a show against UCONN.  However, against UNC I didn't see many offensive sets...just bombing away.  When we're on...that's great....when we're not...well...not so great! 

elksnort

So many on this board are so quick to judge and slow to understand. They take one comment by a poster and polarize it.

Don't over react people.

By the way, the Hogs beat the Huskies like a baby seal yesterday. It was gloriously reminiscent of the old days. Just be cautious, there are many games remaining and the SEC looks better than it has in years.

elksnort

Quote from: hassettsportsman on November 27, 2017, 11:00:41 am
IMO...I will freely admit that I thought CMA was getting a free ride because he was Nolan's protégé.  Just like the football Hogs....attendance was/is waning.  But, it was great to see the hoopsters put on a show against UCONN.  However, against UNC I didn't see many offensive sets...just bombing away.  When we're on...that's great....when we're not...well...not so great! 
Well, this is CMA's system. He seems to have most of the parts that he needs this season. And when he does, he wins more than he loses.

hawgball40

the logic of posters on this board is insane. They expect Mike Anderson's teams comprised of 2,3, and 4 star talent to beat North Carolina who is comprised of 4 and 5 star talent 12 deep, after a fast paced shootout with OU the day before. They judge Mike Anderson for losing to teams even when he is the overwhelming underdog with a short bench, lower talent level, and no fresh bodies who can score. amazing how little some people pay attention to the program and think they have the ability to weigh in on the job of Mike Anderson, clearly our best coach since Nolan Richardson, and the only highly sought after and respected coach in America who sees Arkansas Razorbacks as his destinaton and dream job. The man doesn't make excuses, he comes to work every day with the goal of winning a National Championship. It makes me sick that some of you want to run off someone like this from our program. He loves this program every bit as much as JFB did.

elksnort

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 27, 2017, 02:11:13 pm
the logic of posters on this board is insane. They expect Mike Anderson's teams comprised of 2,3, and 4 star talent to beat North Carolina who is comprised of 4 and 5 star talent 12 deep, after a fast paced shootout with OU the day before. They judge Mike Anderson for losing to teams even when he is the overwhelming underdog with a short bench, lower talent level, and no fresh bodies who can score. amazing how little some people pay attention to the program and think they have the ability to weigh in on the job of Mike Anderson, clearly our best coach since Nolan Richardson, and the only highly sought after and respected coach in America who sees Arkansas Razorbacks as his destinaton and dream job. The man doesn't make excuses, he comes to work every day with the goal of winning a National Championship. It makes me sick that some of you want to run off someone like this from our program. He loves this program every bit as much as JFB did.
Who, since the NCAAt last March, wants to run coach Anderson off?

cityhog

Quote from: JONAS on November 26, 2017, 06:29:07 pm
Hopefully when we get into SEC play, every game will not be a free throw shooting contest.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is exactly what college basketball has become. A free throw shooting contest. I wish they'd go to the pro rules. 4 quarters, 5 fouls per quarter to be in the bonus, and 6 fouls to foul out. I mean, if they're going to call fouls on people for breathing on the ball handler, can we up it to 6 PF's please?

elksnort

Quote from: cityhog on November 27, 2017, 03:49:17 pm
Hate to burst your bubble, but that is exactly what college basketball has become. A free throw shooting contest. I wish they'd go to the pro rules. 4 quarters, 5 fouls per quarter to be in the bonus, and 6 fouls to foul out. I mean, if they're going to call fouls on people for breathing on the ball handler, can we up it to 6 PF's please?
The first half of the Oklahoma game was one of the best flowing college basketball games (or at least involving the razorbacks) that I have seen since the early 2000s and before.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 27, 2017, 02:11:13 pm
The sensitivity on this board is insane. Yes, there are fanatics on both sides. CMA is our coach and I support him. That does not mean that his supporters cannot have questions or concerns about his decision making or strategies. He should not be put on a pedestal above that. Supported-yes...worshipped-no.

Also, a big part of his job is recruiting. He has picked it up there. But, those so-called 2,3,4 star recruits competing against 5 stars are HIS. It's his team, therefore he gets all that it entails.

GO HOGS!
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hawgball40

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on November 26, 2017, 11:47:15 pm
Pump the brakes, Joe.

pretty weak argument to support your anti mike stance. 4th best team in the SEC? We can beat any of those teams. You're putting way too much stock into our loss vs UNC when we were on tired legs. This team is going to be very good and i full expect you to eat your crow. Maybe you should go back to posting on the main board at rivals about football.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: elksnort on November 27, 2017, 01:39:25 pm
Well, this is CMA's system. He seems to have most of the parts that he needs this season. And when he does, he wins more than he loses.

Absolutely...When he gets all the right pieces! We will be very good.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8