Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs' RPI jumps to No. 7 ... yes, it's early BUT ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, November 26, 2017, 05:04:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

Hogs' RPI jumps to No. 7 ... yes, it's early BUT ...

In the 27- and 26-win seasons, Arkansas's scheduling was set up in such a way that once the Hogs got through the first-half of non-con play (6 or 7 games into the season), their RPI didn't fluctuated wildly the last 25 games.

I'm linking Live RPI / RPI Forecast ... this virtually mirrors the NCAAs RPI that will come out soon ...

http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

Pignominious

Jumped a bunch in Pomeroy's system as well. Now at #30.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Kevin McPherson

BTW, 5 SEC teams in the RPI Top 11 right now ... 2. TA&M, 3. Missouri, 7. Arkansas, 8. Alabama, 11. Kentucky ... again, very early but look at the big wins already in the SEC, even by teams like TN and LSU who were not expected to do much ... gonna be the best season of basketball in the SEC and at Arkansas since the mid 90s, IMO!

checkraiser88

If we go 12-6 in the SEC again we'll be a top 4 seed potentially

HawgnCorona

Our OOC SOS is 42...nobody had better complain out schedule. Its even better that UNC. Only Florida and Bama are better.

WPS!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Fan701

Quote from: Pignominious on November 26, 2017, 05:06:26 pm
Jumped a bunch in Pomeroy's system as well. Now at #30.
But Pomeroy, strangely, still has us way behind Oklahoma.  Go figure.

Adam Stokes

Was about to post about this. Something I've been keeping my eye on is how the SEC is expected to do as a conference, as I can't remember the last time we cracked the top 4 out of the major 6 conferences. Our conference will have the best schedule hands down, but we have to win a lot of tough match ups to finish #1, as tough schedules only help if you also win games. We started out the season expected to finish #3, and we've held serve there. Our expected average has gone up every day the past week, and we could very well pass the ACC to get to #2 with the day our conference is having.

In the 12 games that either we or our future competition were playing in today, we were expected to go 7.8-4.2 . So far on the day we are 9-0, with UNC, Mizzou, and A&M all having touch matchups to finish up the night. Even if they were to all lose we'd finish the day better than expected.

They didn't have us playing Uconn in the system just because it was open to who we might be playing, but they have our year-end SOS at 27 even without that factored in, so it'll be interesting to see how much it jumps at days end.

WizardofhOgZ

. . . but, notice who is at #1.

Still early, but the SEC is showing out pretty well in pre-conference play.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/rpi-live

porque

SEC is gonna be a fight this year.  Should be fun.

onebadrubi

We really need Uconn to become a top 50 RPI team throughout the year and stay there. 

Corkscrew Johnson

The fact that we beat UCONN may not be a notable achievement by the end of the year, but beating them by 35 makes people notice.  Style points do matter in human rankings, consciously or subconsciously.  I hope we keep kicking everyone's teeth in.

Next1_04

And 17 votes to be in the AP Top 2 this week

razorhead94

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 27, 2017, 11:08:04 am
The fact that we beat UCONN may not be a notable achievement by the end of the year, but beating them by 35 makes people notice.  Style points do matter in human rankings, consciously or subconsciously.  I hope we keep kicking everyone's teeth in.

Exactly...it had everyone on twitter talking (national guys at least)
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Adam Stokes

Our forecasted RPI has also shot up to the 16th highest, have us finishing 11-2 in non-con and 12-6 in conference.

USChog

What is great is the SEC has 5 schools in the top 25 of the RPI at the moment. Building everyone's RPI as high as possible in non-conference helps every school in the SEC come selection Sunday.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 27, 2017, 11:08:04 am

I hear ya...And take no prisoners. ;)
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

razorbackchamps94

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 27, 2017, 05:01:43 pm
I think we finish better then 12 and 6 in SEC

As tough as the SEC is this year I think 12-6 would be great. I don't see anyone going 15-3 or better. I will predict Kentucky doesn't take the regular season title also.

razorbackchamps94

I agree with Kentucky not winning SEC &M is team to beat.. If we finish non conf with 1 loss and go 12 and 6 I'm SEC then that would give us 7 losses entering SECT

jchill

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 27, 2017, 09:42:42 pm
I agree with Kentucky not winning SEC &M is team to beat.. If we finish non conf with 1 loss and go 12 and 6 I'm SEC then that would give us 7 losses entering SECT

I like Florida even though they choked against Duke. I predict that we'll finish third.

daBoar

Quote from: HawgnCorona on November 26, 2017, 05:09:52 pm
Our OOC SOS is 42...nobody had better complain out schedule. Its even better that UNC. Only Florida and Bama are better.

WPS!
Only 2 teams have as good as or better records than the Hogs and at least as high a SOS; UNC and A&M.