Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Laundry List for the New AD

Started by Teddyhawgeddy, November 19, 2017, 09:53:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddyhawgeddy

In no particular order (and I'm not gonna say anything about our new Football Coach)
1) Bring Back Coke
2) Make it Nolan Richardson Court at Bud Walton Arena
3) Bring back the Slobbering Hog
4) Have more Hog Calls at games
5) Move Chuck Barrett back to Baseball, put Sully or Acri calling Football with Clint Stoerner or Matt Jones as the Color Man. Get a Basketball person to call Hoops and bring Joe Kleine back as color.

Feel free to add to this list.

Cylinder

Justin Acri as Razorback PBP would be really, really awful. He does good at the FCS level though.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Teddyhawgeddy on November 19, 2017, 09:53:40 am
In no particular order (and I'm not gonna say anything about our new Football Coach)
1) Bring Back Coke
2) Make it Nolan Richardson Court at Bud Walton Arena
3) Bring back the Slobbering Hog
4) Have more Hog Calls at games
5) Move Chuck Barrett back to Baseball, put Sully or Acri calling Football with Clint Stoerner or Matt Jones as the Color Man. Get a Basketball person to call Hoops and bring Joe Kleine back as color.

Feel free to add to this list.
6) Bring back "40 Minutes of Hell"
7) Take the handcuffs off the band so we can tell opponents "We're gonna beat the Hell out of you!"
8) Rename RRS to Broyles-Reynolds Razorback Stadium

john

Like u said, move Chuck back to baseball (although I'm just fine with Phil Elson (sp?), & put Scott Inman as play-by-play for football & basketball (I think he was a serious candidate for the job when Chuck got it).

Find some way incorporate the use of Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" into the basketball team's introductions (like the Bulls used the Alan Parsons' Project "Eye in the Sky" in Jordan's time in Chicago)

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

NuttinItUp

razorback44

Someone needs to sticky a thread stating that we don't have Pepsi because of the AD and the AD can't bring Coke back. It's amazing how many people believe that was Long's doing.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Swinefeld

Who cares if it's Pepsi or Coke? I don't care if it's Mountain Dew...win the damn games

HeathWimp

Remove all traces of "1-0" and "#uncommon."
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

ShadowTheHedgehog

Posted this on another post but here is my list:

First of all, I don't care if the new AD is an Arkansas native or from anywhere else in the US, as long as he/she is the best person for the job.

The future AD should however, be very familiar with the peculiarities of being an AD for Arkansas. He/she should understand the culture, being at ease interacting with the highest boosters one day and  partaking in a raccoon supper in Gillette the next.

He/she should be highly non-political and ready to listen to the needs and wished of the liberal NWA as well as the conservative south.

This person should focus on building a program that goes above and beyond what we envision today. Understanding that we have severe recruitment challenges compared to other SEC schools and work at the system level to put in place 3-5 JUCO level football programs at that can act as "feeders" for the 4 year schools in the state.

Additionally, there is an obvious disconnect between the University at NWA and the rest of the state. I think that these JUCO programs as well as an emphasis in technology initiatives between the local 2-year colleges, local k-12, and the Flagship University would build better relationships and bridge the gap. This would be outside of the usual scope of the AD, but assisting in cultivating this inclusiveness could result in a revitalized fan base across the state, feeling of unity, and more in-state recruits staying in Arkansas.

At this point we need to discuss WMS. The reality is that WMS as it is today is a dump that hurts the program more than helps. It was not always so. A decision must be made. Either stop playing at WMS or renovate the station and schedule a low profile game and a high profile game there every year. Maybe a cupcake and TAMU. The novelty of playing at the NFL stadiums is over. Everyone is doing it. Why not play TAMU on a home turf every 2 years instead of always playing them in Texas?

He/she should understand that at the moment we cannot Out-Alabama Alabama. We need to hire a coach that runs a system that is effective with the talent pool that we usually recruit.

He/She should not be intimidated by the GOBN – but work with them to accomplish shared goals.

He/she should understand that the University has to be successful at all sports not just Football. As a visionary, this person should even look at eSports. Sorry to the older HV members but eSports is coming and in a decade or two it will probably be bigger business that Football. The least we can do is beat Alabama a few times in Candy Crush before they catch on.

Finally, this person should believe 100% in Arkansas. There is no reason why we should not be a top tier NCAA football and basketball school regardless of what the talking heads on ESPN/SEC Network, etc. are trying to sell you, they just want to keep the status quo. We need someone that breaks that status quo and works to get Arkansas back to national relevancy.

This should all be done with humility and integrity. This humility or humbleness should be inculcated at every level of our programs, in particular until we see better results. Bragging after winning a few SEC championships is one thing; being big mouthed when you have not won anything is just being a tool. Work hard, shut your mouth, and let the wins speak for themselves.

Rodger55

Get rid of the black uniforms, only athletes and coaches run thru the Big A,get

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Rodger55 on November 19, 2017, 03:57:00 pm
Get rid of the black uniforms, only athletes and coaches run thru the Big A,get

Play one game in black unis each year and one game in special unis for Veterans Day.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit