Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

24 seconds left tied 21-21 and here's a pic of the crowd

Started by Drop the Mike, November 18, 2017, 03:23:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 19, 2017, 11:21:45 am
Millennials are not old enough to buy tickets to Razorback games. If they are present, it is because an older fan bought them tickets and gave them away or sold them cheap.

The have student access passes, current students are millennials.

Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 18, 2017, 03:28:02 pm
Weather had a lot do due with the crowd!

Negative ghost rider.

I've sat through pouring rain and lightning storms in Razorback Stadium.  Froze my balls off in Memphis thinking go support the team have a fun weekend on Beale, see your buddies and that sweet thing on that side of the state. I've sat through beatdowns from Texas, Houston, Alabama and USC determined not to be one of "those" fans who give up and leave before the game is over.

I haven't attended a single Razorback game of the Bielema era.  Weather is now a consideration for sure but it is not a deterrent. I'm just done supporting the Hogs until they show they want to win again.  The motivation for winning left the building. Jeff Long and John White killed off the culture and mediocrity and excuses became their norm. It's not mine.

I can't change my Arkansas passion and loyalties, it's in my blood. My family has been here since the 1820's, it's home. Those facts don't skew my abilities to be objective and critical when I see something that just doesn't feel right.  Bert lost me during the first Rutgers game it was obvious the guy didn't have answers to simple problems.

I'm not wasting a moment of my life (more than what I do on these stupid msg boards) or a penny of my income on a loser program that likes being a loser program.  Get beatdown by LSU; go party on Dickson and get arrested. If there was more pride in themselves and the program the football program would fix this on their own. Coaches just go through the motions and serve up excuses. They quit on the kids and the kids quit on them in return and you get predictable 2nd half collapses because they're weak, soft and for some reason have a huge ego.

All of that makes a person want to find other activities to spend their weekends on with their families. A little rain and wind isn't enough to make Arkansas people not show up.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

DocHogliday

I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

StanHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 18, 2017, 03:34:51 pm
I guessed about 64,000 earlier when discussing the crowd with my brother-in-law
I was there, it was awfully cold. There were easily 2 empty seats for every one with a butt it in. No way there was more than 25,000.

BigDeal

Quote from: StanHog on November 19, 2017, 05:34:29 pm
I was there, it was awfully cold. There were easily 2 empty seats for every one with a butt it in. No way there was more than 25,000.

You sir are full of balony. I was there. section 119. first game in almost 10 years and can say it i was proud of our fans yesterday even though the program has gone downhill since the last 2 coaches. 64000 is accurate count.  good days are coming with our new AD

i thank you.

twistitup

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 19, 2017, 04:57:06 pm
I believe it.  I could easily believe 30,000 in the seats and 10,000 under cover.  There weren't any tables or chairs available in the outdoor club the entire first half.  After the half they all left.

Why were they under cover? It never really rained...windy and cold but not all that wet - misty, sprinkle shiite, but no rain. There were a few people taking cover from wind, but not many in the upper deck.

Simply very few people. I still say there was no way 40,000 people were at that game.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TeufelHog

Record, weather, and students departed home for Thanksgiving break had a lot to do with it . . .

hog.goblin

Quote from: twistitup on November 19, 2017, 06:08:58 pm
Why were they under cover? It never really rained...windy and cold but not all that wet - misty, sprinkle shiite, but no rain. There were a few people taking cover from wind, but not many in the upper deck.

Simply very few people. I still say there was no way 40,000 people were at that game.

A cold constant mist in a heavy wind.  Even my underwear was wet without it raining hard.

twistitup

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 20, 2017, 12:16:20 am
A cold constant mist in a heavy wind.  Even my underwear was wet without it raining hard.

You are supposed to wear your underwear UNDER your pants
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: elksnort on November 18, 2017, 03:28:55 pm
CBB just needs more time. Wait till he gets all his players into the program.

Yeah...we're close.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Cotton

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 20, 2017, 12:16:20 am
THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

Sorry, it was too easy.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hog.goblin

EastexHawg

Quote from: Wooderson on November 19, 2017, 07:40:10 am
I was at the game and in the first half the crowd was double what your picture showed.  At half it was a mass exodus.  I figure it was about 45-50k in the second quarter.

Apparently CBS is in on the conspiracy, because in every crowd shot I saw it looked like there were about 45 people in the east side upper deck (yes, that is hyperbole...but not much) and entire sections of the lower deck that were almost completely empty.  The end zone looked about 1/4 to maybe 1/3 full.

If there were 45-50K in the stadium 15-20K of them must have been sitting in someone's lap between the 20s on the lower west side.

Ramtough

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on November 18, 2017, 03:28:39 pm
Just ask the experts here that have told us the fans don't matter and can't get a coach or AD fired.
Announced crowds don't by much at the concession stands. That plus ticket sales plus the perception of how the lack of attendance looks on TV ( and we know how the U of A feels about what people think) =AD and coaching changes. The fans finally made a change and I thank you!!