Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pull the Plug. End the misery

Started by Mr. Porkleone, November 18, 2017, 02:28:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

I wish they would do it tomorrow and let an interim coach Friday, just to give it a change of pace.

Ironhawg

I don't see the point in him with one game left in the season.  Maybe tell him he is done and give him the opportunity to coach the Mizzou game, but he is definitely done after that.

WalHog2018

Sorry. You can't talk bad about Bret here. Will be moved to trash immediately.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 18, 2017, 02:46:38 pm
I don't see the point in not letting the guy coach one more game.  Maybe tell him he is done and give him the opportunity to coach the Mizzou game, but he is definitely done after that.

because the players may rally around PR or DE and win a game. THEY know he is done. everyone knows he is done. what is the point?

Vantage 8 dude

Totally agree. As I said on another thread, while we may not have the same overall talent as many of our opponents, it's impossible to overcome the terrible coaching and play calling. The program, players and fans deserve FAR FAR better then this misery. Go ahead and make it official already. What the heck do they accomplish by waiting any further ??? ::) :-[

shshark00

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 02:47:10 pm
Sorry. You can't talk bad about Bret here. Will be moved to trash immediately.
If that were true every thread on here would be gone

WalHog2018

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:48:51 pm
If that were true every thread on here would be gone
just wait. Ppl can't handle the criticism of their boy Bret

shshark00

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 18, 2017, 02:48:07 pm
Totally agree. As I said on another thread, while we may not have the same overall talent as many of our opponents, it's impossible to overcome the terrible coaching and play calling. The program, players and fans deserve FAR FAR better then this misery. Go ahead and make it official already. What the heck do they accomplish by waiting any further ??? ::) :-[
Fans don't deserve crap. You see attendance today? The fans have allowed their hate of a coach to cause them and turn their backs on the kids. Inexcusable for anyone with a ticket to not be there to support the kids today. This players deserve much better than that coaching staff and the so called "fans" that abandoned them today

Ugly Uncle

Just let him finish the season.  He isn't a bad person, he just isn't a good coach for us.

It is one more game.  Let the seniors have their week without further distractions.  Tuck this season into bed and dismiss the adults. 
Retired Radio Host

jjfmetal11

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 18, 2017, 02:52:00 pm
Just let him finish the season.  He isn't a bad person, he just isn't a good coach for us.

It is one more game.  Let the seniors have their week without further distractions.  Tuck this season into bed and dismiss the adults. 
No thanks,  fire his ass now and fill up the stadium next week in support of the players!

SpanHog

Probably for the best... do we want Enos or Rhoads as IHC for Misery (dilly)?
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jjfmetal11 on November 18, 2017, 02:54:34 pm
  No thanks,  fire his ass now and fill up the stadium next week in support of the players!

I'm not sure who would fire him.  It is only my opinion that we should wait.  If we don't wait I won't be upset.  I really don't have any emotion tied to this one way or the other.

However, do we let Ms. Peoples fire him?  Do we put that on her?  That seems a bit unfair to her...but she is the one in the chair now.
Retired Radio Host

Porkette

I don't see how it matters at this point. Firing him with less than a week left in the season wouldn't change anything. It wouldn't make senior day more about the players because the coach firing would be a distraction. Thank goodness this is almost over though.
GO HOGS GO!

jjfmetal11

It is a bad situation for her but she is smart and understands the situation we are in and its what is best for the University

WalHog2018

If he's not fired by Monday, People's should go to the pit of misery.

WalHog2018

Quote from: jjfmetal11 on November 18, 2017, 03:08:34 pm
  It is a bad situation for her but she is smart and understands the situation we are in and its what is best for the University
this is 100% accurate.

Bigmac2

Quote from: shshark00 on November 18, 2017, 02:51:31 pm
Fans don't deserve crap. You see attendance today? The fans have allowed their hate of a coach to cause them and turn their backs on the kids. Inexcusable for anyone with a ticket to not be there to support the kids today. This players deserve much better than that coaching staff and the so called "fans" that abandoned them today

Let's go see a movie that the critics say is awful, better yet there is a new band that can't hold a tune playing in Dallas so pack up the van and let's go it will only cost few hundred for the trip and time, the new restaurant that opened down the street you have to wait an hour for the food and the food is so so, so let's go. I feel for the actors, the musicians and the wait staff. However don't blame me if I don't get all enamored about going to any of those places or the final Hog game of the year. Again I feel for the kids but time is spent better watching at home and being with the whole family. I go to games for positive memories with friends and familiy and I just don't see that happening.  And yes I am a foundation member and season ticket holder so they already have my financial support.

Oh, and to the OP I concur, cut him loose if and only if he renegotiated his buyout. If not let's get through this final game.

jkstock04

I can see both sides of the argument. I heard last week this would be his last game as coach and the announcement would be tomorrow or Monday.

I lean more towards "making" him coach the last game...Mizzou hangs 70 on us and he can endure the punishment one more week. I'm starting to think firing him today or tomorrow would be a mercy giving of which he doesn't deserve.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SooieGeneris

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 03:08:54 pm
If he's not fired by Monday, People's should go to the pit of misery.

This program is already in the pit of misery. I think it will likely be Friday night or Saturday morning, she is in a tough position as Interim AD, probably the powers that be would make her wait anyway IMO.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

rude1

Were you at the game?  Will you be at the last game?

Sweet Feet

Misery will end the Misery next week. How ironic

OtterHog

Quote from: rude1 on November 18, 2017, 03:30:12 pm
Were you at the game?  Will you be at the last game?

Most of the ones this FOS never attend games or donate.

TexArkHogFan

4th and five at somewhere around the 50. score tied with around two minutes.  Punt the ball, back them up and go for it in overtime.  But no, he went for it and failed and it wasn't even close.  Ball game.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

farmhawg

Blah blah blah. They show up for the product on the field. It's crap and not worth making the trip.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

moses_007

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 18, 2017, 02:58:16 pm
I'm not sure who would fire him.  It is only my opinion that we should wait.  If we don't wait I won't be upset.  I really don't have any emotion tied to this one way or the other.

However, do we let Ms. Peoples fire him?  Do we put that on her?  That seems a bit unfair to her...but she is the one in the chair now.
Steinmetz should do it.  He's already fired Long.

SPAL

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 02:49:54 pm

You're being ridiculous.  Nothing you said is true.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 02:49:54 pm

Or maybe your posts just suck. Yeah thats probably it.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.