Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAFFORD!!!!

Started by ocsm158, November 17, 2017, 09:22:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ocsm158

Best thing out of my home town in a LONG time!!

PigDaddyKane

Yes!  Just disappointed it took them until half to tell the dude how to pronounce it!
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

LJHOG

Good game tonight.  But, someone needs to feed that kid.  LOL!

BrooklynRoss

I was really impressed by his ability to remain demure WHILE DOMINATING THE ENTIRE GAME AND JESUS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE PLAYS 40 MINUTES?!?
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

ocsm158

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on November 17, 2017, 09:25:07 pm
Yes!  Just disappointed it took them until half to tell the dude how to pronounce it!

Yep, it ain't El Do Rah do.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on November 17, 2017, 09:25:07 pm

It's how you know they haven't been in Arkansas much.  I cringe whenever they pronounce it wrong.

HAM ELLIOT

Pinto

Yeah he's making a lot of people in this forum eat crow

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on November 17, 2017, 09:29:18 pm
It's how you know they haven't been in Arkansas much.  I cringe whenever they pronounce it wrong.

As a native Arkansan that still occasionally gets corrected by residents of Lafayette and Nevada counties I can forgive it.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 17, 2017, 09:40:49 pm
As a native Arkansan that still occasionally gets corrected by residents of Lafayette and Nevada counties I can forgive it.
Yeah, the rest of the country pronounces it one way.  When you are the outlier, you can't really be upset about it.

Also, Searcy...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wisco Pig

Gafford has scored 50 points in 63 minutes of play and is shooting 75% from the field. 

TexArkHogFan

He played a great game, got a lot of minutes but his best stat was only three fouls.  Hopefully he's learning to avoid the silly fouls cause we need him.  He was the difference tonight but he can't help up us sitting on the bench in foul trouble.  Very proud of  him tonight. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

phadedhawg

I'm loving this kid.  That was like some Todd Day level offense right there.  Him and Barford as a one two punch, that's gonna leave a lot of teams reeling.

King Kong

I know he will face better big men down the road. But dang that kid looks like top 10 draft pick this year.

phadedhawg

Quote from: King Kong on November 17, 2017, 09:52:43 pm
I know he will face better big men down the road. But dang that kid looks like top 10 draft pick this year.

Shhhhhhhhhh

Plz don't say that :)  hahaha

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 17, 2017, 09:48:24 pm
He played a great game, got a lot of minutes but his best stat was only three fouls.  Hopefully he's learning to avoid the silly fouls cause we need him.  He was the difference tonight but he can't help up us sitting on the bench in foul trouble.  Very proud of  him tonight.

And what a game to not get fouls in

1highhog

The true pronunciation of El Dorado is more like El-do-rah-dough, we in Arkansas pronounce the town as the townspeople have been calling it perhaps since it's incorporation which is fine with me.

forrest city joe

As i said in another thread,the  most shocking thing i have seen about his game is the soft touch he has .the last 2 games he has hit 12 if his last 15 FT's.and he has a very nice touch on his jump hook.i am shocked by his offense so far.i kept hearing when he was in high school,that he would not be good on offense.that is not true. this kid is unreal so far.love his game.and love the Hogs.

hawgball40

Quote from: Wisco Pig on November 17, 2017, 09:46:00 pm
Gafford has scored 50 points in 63 minutes of play and is shooting 75% from the field. 
What a boss

GO

I live in El Dorado and do a lot of photography at the new Murphy Arts District. They actually coach these entertainers that come in for concerts on the correct pronunciation of our town. To the extent of having signs in the elevator that takes them to the stage. Happens all the time. As far as Gafford, beast mode tonight!.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 17, 2017, 09:49:48 pm
I'm loving this kid.  That was like some Todd Day level offense right there.  Him and Barford as a one two punch, that's gonna leave a lot of teams reeling.
Paying adequate attention to him will open up the 3 for Macon, too.
All Gas, No Brakes!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Would like to see he and Thompson on the court at the same time to mix up the looks a little bit. Always wished Mike played Moses and Bobby more at the same time too. Gafford is a stud for sure though. Definitely fun to watch.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 17, 2017, 10:30:42 pm
Would like to see he and Thompson on the court at the same time to mix up the looks a little bit. Always wished Mike played Moses and Bobby more at the same time too. Gafford is a stud for sure though. Definitely fun to watch.

I think we will see more of them together once Thomas and Cook are back

FineAsSwine

Quote from: King Kong on November 17, 2017, 09:52:43 pm

Same thing I saw as well. If he keeps this up, his stock will soar.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on November 17, 2017, 09:29:18 pm
Glad he's not from Ouachita.

"He's from Ooo-a-cheetah..."

sadhogfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 17, 2017, 11:00:08 pm
Same thing I saw as well. If he keeps this up, his stock will soar.

Yeah. We don't need him to be THIS good THIS early. I would like to get two years from him at least.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: sadhogfan on November 18, 2017, 01:52:04 am
Yeah. We don't need him to be THIS good THIS early. I would like to get two years from him at least.
This. Granted, it's way too early to say for sure, but I can't help but think he's a possible one and done. He's a special talent.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

mhuff

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 17, 2017, 10:28:01 pm
Paying adequate attention to him will open up the 3 for Macon, too.

k.c.hawg

The first Arkansas big in years that gets the ball at the rim, and instinctively explodes and flushes. No need to think, no need to gather himself to launch. The defender stands little to no chance. There were a couple that just left me sitting in a euphoric state.....as a twenty year desire had been fullfilled. The hook throwdown and using the goal for cover for the semi reverse flush were breath taking after years and years and years of seeing indecisiveness, pump fakes allowing help to come over......what a sight for sore eyes.  I also loved  that almost blind pass to the cutter. It is going to be a lot of fun watching this one.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

King Kong

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 18, 2017, 05:41:23 am
The first Arkansas big in years that gets the ball at the rim, and instinctively explodes and flushes. No need to think, no need to gather himself to launch. The defender stands little to no chance. There were a couple that just left me sitting in a euphoric state.....as a twenty year desire had been fullfilled. The hook throwdown and using the goal for cover for the semi reverse flush were breath taking after years and years and years of seeing indecisiveness, pump fakes allowing help to come over......what a sight for sore eyes.  I also loved  that almost blind pass to the cutter. It is going to be a lot of fun watching this one.

Which seems crazy because last years team had very few dunk. Barford was second on the team last year with like 8

Razor_back

El Dorado, pronounced like Tornado. Which Gafford was last night!
Go Hogs

WorfHog

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 17, 2017, 10:30:42 pm

Mike did a little bit of that against Bucknell and Samford. It's an interesting set and should give the guards lots of freedom. Gafford knows how to get it done in the paint and we have a backcourt that can score. Really excited for Thursday.

AWHAWG

When he discovers that he is the best player on the floor, its over... Teams will have to account for how to defend him.... then there are guards waiting. He is the type of player that will make everyone better. SMH. If he develops an outside shot (which we don't if he already has..) This may be really special real quick (note his soft stroke at the free throw line.  He Runs like a deer... effortlessly  Jumps like some kid of kangaroo giraffe hybrid... as the players stated he is an animal and different type of beast/ and he doesn't  look tired. SMH.  THERE IS NO ANSWER FOR HIM. I WANT TICKETS

Swinefeld

I thought he was overhyped when I first saw his HS tape, but that kid is a freak. If they had him on last year's team...could have been real interesting

pimphog

You guys think he has more upside than Portis did? I think he does

hawgrunner

Great addition to the team.

King Kong

hawgrunner

AlmaHog2011

Reminds me of Dwight Howard back in the day. Anybody else? Kid is a beast and will compete love his attitude. Love Halls attitude and Jones has bought in to Mike's philosiphy and playing hard on defense.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

He reminds me of a young Kevin Garnett.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Hogs49ers

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on November 18, 2017, 05:43:11 pm

The Fresno State coach said that he reminds him of Aldridge when he coached him as a freshman at Texas.  Said that Aldridge had not developed his shot at that point, but he could see that he would get there with really good touch like what Gafford has.  Said that the sky is the limit for a player like Gafford and can be as good as he wants to be.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogimus Prime

I feel bad for the rims getting abused like that

daprospecta

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 18, 2017, 03:30:43 pm
Reminds me of Dwight Howard back in the day. Anybody else? Kid is a beast and will compete love his attitude. Love Halls attitude and Jones has bought in to Mike's philosiphy and playing hard on defense.
Yes! This is exactly who he reminds me off.  I don't think he is as stiff as Dwight Howard which is good!

PigPusher

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 17, 2017, 09:56:26 pm
As i said in another thread,the  most shocking thing i have seen about his game is the soft touch he has .the last 2 games he has hit 12 if his last 15 FT's.and he has a very nice touch on his jump hook.i am shocked by his offense so far.i kept hearing when he was in high school,that he would not be good on offense.that is not true. this kid is unreal so far.love his game.and love the Hogs.

That is a little like Fad ville.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

rwspear

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on November 18, 2017, 05:43:11 pm

i LOVE gafford but hold on. If Dan had 25' range he would look like a young KG...

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: pimphog on November 18, 2017, 01:04:53 pm
It's funny you say that. I've been thinking that he was what I was hoping for with Portis, though I'm not sure he has Portis' defensive skills... yet. As far as upside, he has already shown a tremendous amount of growth from high school to game one, and from game one to game three.

He's better than Portis was at this point in his career, and he has a natural confidence and swagger that Portis had to develop. The sky is the limit with this kid.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

ShadowHawg

Quote from: tncbg on November 18, 2017, 07:43:57 pm
He's got all of the physical gifts, but not close to NBA ready.  He will need to develop his jumper and his handles so he can put it on the floor and get to the basket. He's more athletic than Portis, but can't step out and shoot it yet. Talk of him being NBA ready is premature, but I'm sure glad he's on our team.

Being NBA ready has very little to do with being drafted these days. The soft touch combined with his freakish athleticism will turn a lot of scouts heads.

Pinto

Quote from: pimphog on November 18, 2017, 01:04:53 pm

Without question

Pinto

Quote from: tncbg on November 18, 2017, 07:43:57 pm
He's got all of the physical gifts, but not close to NBA ready.  He will need to develop his jumper and his handles so he can put it on the floor and get to the basket. He's more athletic than Portis, but can't step out and shoot it yet. Talk of him being NBA ready is premature, but I'm sure glad he's on our team.

...or he can develop that with the elite trainers in the NBA after they realize that he has potential to do so. He will be a top 20 pick at end of the year but will most likely stay to be lottery pick the year after