Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quinn Grovey

Started by Pork Ranger, November 16, 2017, 08:24:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Rick was pleading all afternoon on DTS yesterday for QG. I generally don't agree with most things Rick says but was curious if Grovey would make a solid AD.

Schaefer kept mentioning he ran Human Resources at Wal Mart and Home Depot like that really contributed a lot to his resume. Maybe it did but doesn't sound like much to me

Piggfoot

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 16, 2017, 08:24:50 am
Rick was pleading all afternoon on DTS yesterday for QG. I generally don't agree with most things Rick says but was curious if Grovey would make a solid AD.

Schaefer kept mentioning he ran Human Resources at Wal Mart and Home Depot like that really contributed a lot to his resume. Maybe it did but doesn't sound like much to me
What was his job in human resources? I doubt he was head of these depertments.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

jmingram911

Quinn would be a definite asset to have in our athletic department. Dr Fitz Hill would be another great choice.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 16, 2017, 08:35:22 am

He was not the head of HR at Walmart, I know that for a fact.

BigK_HogHeaven

His LinkedIn page says he was a district HR manager for Home Depot

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 16, 2017, 08:42:03 am
His LinkedIn page says he was a district HR manager for Home Depot
That makes him laughably underqualified. I'm all for the in-state guy, but there are very high qualifications for this job, which is why schools do national searches for them and are even willing to--gulp--hire a northerner.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: jmingram911 on November 16, 2017, 08:35:27 am
Quinn would be a definite asset to have in our athletic department. Dr Fitz Hill would be another great choice.

NOOOOOOOO HE was the Cheerleader on John Boy Whites Committee that got us HDN instead of Tommy Tubberville.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seebs

Anybody that is a HDN apologists is immediately culled from the heard
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Seebs on November 16, 2017, 09:02:18 am

Co Sign!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2017, 08:45:11 am
NOOOOOOOO HE was the Cheerleader on John Boy Whites Committee that got us HDN instead of Tommy Tubberville.

The most in depth knowledgeable post by delta boy I've ever seen!!!

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

razorcash2

How much you wanna bet Houston is doing everything he can to get on the new Hire Committee? Or worse, jockeying for the job... He'll take AD or HC.

Troll-ingmotor

He absolutely did not run HR at either of those companies.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I would not buy anything Rick is selling.

Athog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 16, 2017, 08:35:22 am

I doubt he was Head of Human Resources at Wal Mart! I would question the intelligence of who was spouting this!

NoogaHog

There is a lot of people that this board thinks would be great candidates that have ties of some sort to HDN. He was here for 10 years, he crossed a lot of paths at UA. And I dare say, that until the wheels came off of the HDN wagon (I didn't say bus on purpose), most liked him and thought he would be part of the program for a long time.

I don't necessarily want HDN as AD, but to eliminate everyone who has had positive interaction with him is ridiculous.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Seebs

Quote from: NoogaHog on November 16, 2017, 10:07:18 am
There is a lot of people that this board thinks would be great candidates that have ties of some sort to HDN. He was here for 10 years, he crossed a lot of paths at UA. And I dare say, that until the wheels came off of the HDN wagon (I didn't say bus on purpose), most liked him and thought he would be part of the program for a long time.

I don't necessarily want HDN as AD, but to eliminate everyone who has had positive interaction with him is ridiculous.

I used to like my ex-wife too. But, well, you know, things change.

HoggieStyle

I don't have any issues with Grovey, but I'm not sure he's ready to be AD.

Also, as previously mentioned, if Sunshine thinks it's great, then I'm really not interested. "LISTEN, MISTER....."

flagstaffhog

Neither Quinn Grovey or David Bazzel are even remotely qualified to be an AD.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

DeltaBoy

Rick Shaffer is the kiss of death.

wachhog

This.

onebadrubi

Quote from: flagstaffhog on November 16, 2017, 03:06:22 pm

Go HOGS Go!

I either heard or read a good response to the thought of one of these two becoming an AD.  I kind of agreed with it however I think neither should be AD. 

We need a Quinn or Bazzel in some role and some capaicty, call it Arkansas Ambassador of fans to sports or something.  Someone up there that has some clout from their time on the hill, that can be a liasson between the brass, the fans, and the athletes.  There appears to have been a large disconnect between average fans, big donors, and the Brass withtin the Athletic Department.  this gig could easily be a part time or seasonal deal, get them up there running promotions, working with high schools and coaches, game day atmosphere, etc. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 16, 2017, 03:48:19 pm
I either heard or read a good response to the thought of one of these two becoming an AD.  I kind of agreed with it however I think neither should be AD. 

We need a Quinn or Bazzel in some role and some capaicty, call it Arkansas Ambassador of fans to sports or something.  Someone up there that has some clout from their time on the hill, that can be a liasson between the brass, the fans, and the athletes.  There appears to have been a large disconnect between average fans, big donors, and the Brass withtin the Athletic Department.  this gig could easily be a part time or seasonal deal, get them up there running promotions, working with high schools and coaches, game day atmosphere, etc.

Bazzel is already the Grand Poobah of Inventing Rivalries and Two-Ton Trophies.  I think that's enough on his plate for the moment.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Ironhawg

Isn't there an education requirement attached to the AD job and does Grovey meet that requirement?

Hoggie17

This

Sivad

This.

jvanhorn

THIS!!   Obviously doesn't  know his azz from a hole in the ground. 

Bkhardicars

I know QG. I worked with QG. I Really like QG..HE was NOT anywhere near the top in HR at Wal Mart. He worked in HR in the Jewelry division...A great guy and a great razorback!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: flagstaffhog on November 16, 2017, 03:06:22 pm

Go HOGS Go!

^^^This..
And neither will be the next AD. So people just need to take a step back and relax.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BigSexyHog

Jesus F'in Christ... Running HR at Wal-mart is nothing close to being the AD for a major university.  Rick is a damn fool and the biggest F'in moron in the state.....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 16, 2017, 03:50:41 pm
Bazzel is already the Grand Poobah of Inventing Rivalries and Two-Ton Trophies.  I think that's enough on his plate for the moment.

LMAO... Great points.  +1
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

J-Five

So, someone starts a thread to crap on Quinn Grovey...awesome. 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: J-Five on November 17, 2017, 09:29:53 am
So, someone starts a thread to crap on Quinn Grovey...awesome.

Hogville has to stop this serious and growing threat! It cannot allow a radio personality to infiltrate the hiring process and install another radio personality in this Key Job. Action teams have been alerted. All systems are go. Subject must be eliminated by all possible means. Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Helllerrrr...!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.