Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slobbering Hog- What/who can be done to make this a reality?

Started by mj4president, November 15, 2017, 01:05:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

I don't know of anyone against it? What can be done to make it happen realistically?

Who controls this?

Let's make this a push please.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

IronMountainHog

I don't care for slobbering hog, looks too cartoonish. I like the hog on the helmet better. And don't give me the business that I'm too young, I'm probably older than most on here

slappy

I thought we just got rid of the hog with a mouth full of goo...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 15, 2017, 01:12:34 pm
I don't care for slobbering hog, looks too cartoonish. I like the hog on the helmet better. And don't give me the business that I'm too young, I'm probably older than most on here

Brad will give you a tour of the pit of misery...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

TheGunther

The brand is unified now and that is OK... now front facing hog on the other hand...
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

mj4president

Unified to hell

Mike back with some ballers now, it needs to return.

TrueBlue

Quote from: TheGunther on November 15, 2017, 02:02:36 pm
The brand is unified now and that is OK... now front facing hog on the other hand...

You mean "Klingon Hog"?

NuttinItUp

Tejano Jawg

I liked it too, but then I date back to the Sidney days.

It certainly had its charm. I wonder if many people like it because it reminds them of all the great years? And Alex Dillard draining 3s from the snout or the drool drip.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jvanhorn

POPCORN HOG, SLOBBERIN HOG AND THE HOG ON THE HELMET ARE THE ONLY 3 HOGS WE NEED. KISS.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Tusks

Theres only one place where slobberin hog should be and that's on the floor of bud walton arena, but it should be there.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

go hogues

Quote from: TheGunther on November 15, 2017, 02:02:36 pm
This

They do need to update the font in the end zones to the new one. Maybe that will come with the new grass.  ;)
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jswineberiaskirk

that's what made it great

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on November 15, 2017, 03:32:15 pm
that's what made it great

Agreed. I understand "one brand" but I really liked the cartoonish slobber hog on the basketball courts.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Thunderhog Jr

If you can't beat 61 then you are a young-un.................
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on November 15, 2017, 03:38:15 pm
Agreed. I understand "one brand" but I really liked the cartoonish slobber hog on the basketball courts.

Yes.  Basketball court, not helmets!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggy Hogalot

Hou-Hog

Quote from: mj4president on November 15, 2017, 01:05:27 pm
I don't know of anyone against it? What can be done to make it happen realistically?

Who controls this?

Let's make this a push please.
No way

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 03:28:13 pm
Theres only one place where slobberin hog should be and that's on the floor of bud walton arena, but it should be there.

^^^THIS

Razorback7

Bring back an updated slobbering hog. I am all for it......

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Razorback7 on November 15, 2017, 06:16:01 pm
Bring back an updated slobbering hog. I am all for it......

Why would we update perfection? That also would kill some of its charm.
But really, the standard Hog logo is basically an updated version of Slobberin' Hog already, so "updating" Slobberin' Hog would be redundant.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

phadedhawg

I've been a big Slobberin' hog supporter but now that I'm looking at the pictures, it's not quite what I remembered. 

I like the suggestion of an updated Slobberin' hog.  Something that looks a little less cartoonish but not as cold and formal as the official Razorback.

phadedhawg

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on November 16, 2017, 03:27:47 pm
Why would we update perfection? That also would kill some of its charm.
But really, the standard Hog logo is basically an updated version of Slobberin' Hog already, so "updating" Slobberin' Hog would be redundant.

eh...this is pretty sound reasoning.  I guess you're right

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

cjack

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 15, 2017, 03:11:55 pm
I liked it too, but then I date back to the Sidney days.

It certainly had its charm. I wonder if many people like it because it reminds them of all the great years? And Alex Dillard draining 3s from the snout or the drool drip.

That's exactly what I think of
Woooo Pig Soooie!

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 16, 2017, 03:35:00 pm
eh...this is pretty sound reasoning.  I guess you're right
My position on its presence, though, is as some others on here have mentioned: It should be on the basketball court and nowhere else. Print it on shirts for the basketball program, but we have a great logo for all sports. The only reason to retain Slobberin' Hog is basketball tradition, nothing more.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

cmphill87

https://styleguides.uark.edu/graphic-identity/trademark-licensing/index.php

http://www.clc.com/

The IMG College Licensing company owns the copyright to the Razorback, the word Razorback even. I know this because I'm a Alumni Chapter president and want to make a sweet logo with a Razorback etc. The Alumni Association warned against it due to copyright issues.

You may notice that on any University letter head, emails etc, they use the shield with Old Main. That is the only copyright the school actually retained from the deal. Only the Athletic department is allowed to use the Razorback or any likeness of it other than IMG. IMG is why the slobbering hog went away...another Jeff Long move for brand standardization.

Also, believe it or not, IMG threatened a lawsuit against Jim's Razorback Pizza, a name which predates the IMG deal. Jim's retained the name.

-Chrisky

Snouty

Quote from: cmphill87 on November 16, 2017, 04:50:47 pm
https://styleguides.uark.edu/graphic-identity/trademark-licensing/index.php

http://www.clc.com/

The IMG College Licensing company owns the copyright to the Razorback, the word Razorback even. I know this because I'm a Alumni Chapter president and want to make a sweet logo with a Razorback etc. The Alumni Association warned against it due to copyright issues.

You may notice that on any University letter head, emails etc, they use the shield with Old Main. That is the only copyright the school actually retained from the deal. Only the Athletic department is allowed to use the Razorback or any likeness of it other than IMG. IMG is why the slobbering hog went away...another Jeff Long move for brand standardization.

Also, believe it or not, IMG threatened a lawsuit against Jim's Razorback Pizza, a name which predates the IMG deal. Jim's retained the name.

This is what I hate about college sports becoming big business.  Fortunately, they can't keep businesses which had razorback in their name before IMG bought the copyrights from continuing to do so.  I'm afraid if your four year old child wanted to make a drawing of a razorback, IMG might sue for copyright infringement.

jvanhorn

If you draw a picture of Mickey Mouse and put it in your window you will be hearing from Walt Disney attorney's pretty soon.   Things change when the founders die or, stupidly, you sell off your logo.  Remember Sam Walton and his "if there are more than 3 people in a line we will open up a new register:?  People would fall down laughing a call you a liar if you told them that today.

HogFanInBryant

Piggfoot

Of all hog logos the Slobbering is one I least like. The only one I really like is the first one in this thread. I also think the anthracite is horrible. I can tolerate the Cowboy uní. But don't like it. My favorite is the one D-Mac wore.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

I have missed Slobberin' Hog 100%.  I personally loved the individuality of the programs different Hogs.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog N Bama

I don't like the slobbering Hog. I like the one on the field now

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

East Clintwood

Please bring back the old traditional Slobberin' Hog.  No updates needed.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma