Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston is World Champions!

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, November 01, 2017, 11:12:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrandonAllenFan

Go Astros!!

The Great Red State gets the victory over Lib Angeles!!

Once again America's greatest past time.

widespreadsooie

GolfNut57

Congrats to Houston but of course some buttface just had to bring politics into it.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

I still can't believe it.  I've been a fan since Joe Morgan was an Astro and I didn't think I would live to see a championship.  They were a mediocre minor league franchise after the Bagwell/Biggio teams broke up.  Thank goodness for the Verlander deal!

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 01, 2017, 11:24:49 pm
I still can't believe it.  I've been a fan since Joe Morgan was an Astro and I didn't think I would live to see a championship.  They were a mediocre minor league franchise after the Bagwell/Biggio teams broke up.  Thank goodness for the Verlander deal!

I don't know that Verlander helped that much. He didn't get the win in either start did he? In fact he got the loss last night in game 6.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 02, 2017, 12:59:11 am
I don't know that Verlander helped that much. He didn't get the win in either start did he? In fact he got the loss last night in game 6.

He won every game up to that point. So he had a heckuva lot to do with them getting there. They had to come back from down 2 games against the Yanks. He doesn't win against them then they never get the chance to come back.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 02, 2017, 12:59:11 am

He was 9-0 with an ERA under 2.00 as an Astro and the team had won every one of his starts until Game 6.  He shut out the Yankees when Houston was facing elimination.  In his worst start of the Series he gave up three runs in six innings.  A lot of who gets wins in individual games is determined by run support.  If any Astros pitcher had gone six and given up three or less in games five and seven he would have gotten the win.

Regardless, Verlander was nothing short of fabulous after coming over from Detroit.