Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leach's System not so great after all......

Started by Roaringboar, October 14, 2017, 12:25:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaringboar

Yet again it looks like Leach's system is starting to collapse on him again.......this is why he doesn't need to come to Arkansas.....the last few seasons he's had WSU looking like a competitive team and then they choke like they are to Cal tonight, and this is not a great Cal team, and that stadium is so empty it's unreal.....Falk has had 4 interceptions and the game's not over.........Leach is not our guy....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

ADavisTheGOAT

Yeah let's just be safe and hire Jeremy Pruitt the Bama DC.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogcam

Not saying you are wrong or right, but you can't look at one game for any coach to make a decision. Every coach has been beaten

gchamblee

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Roaringboar

Quote from: hogcam on October 14, 2017, 12:27:04 am
Not saying you are wrong or right, but you can't look at one game for any coach to make a decision. Every coach has been beaten

I'm not judging him for one game, it's just that this happens to him every year......I hate the air-raid system, it's so one dimensional......and if you're taking on a team like Alabama or even a team like Clemson who got beat tonight, their defense is going to eat you alive like Cal is doing WSU right now......it's not that their offense is playing wonderful, it's that Cal's defense keeps shedding the ball from them.....I'm just sick of everyone hopping on the Leach bandwagon because, "Oh look at WSU" when the reality is he's done this like the past three seasons now.....sure maybe he rallies and he leads them to maybe 11-1 if they get past Washington, but then again, history isn't on their side.........I just think Leach is over-rated.......Sure his offenses score points, but they play in the Pac-12, a light-defensive league, and use an air-raid system which is known for producing points, but then again, like tonight, it's also known for producing tons of turnovers when you really don't want them......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

jkstock04

Quote from: hogcam on October 14, 2017, 12:27:04 am
That is what you do on the intranets...don't you know anything?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

longpig

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 12:31:38 am
I'm not judging him for one game, it's just that this happens to him every year......I hate the air-raid system, it's so one dimensional......and if you're taking on a team like Alabama or even a team like Clemson who got beat tonight, their defense is going to eat you alive like Cal is doing WSU right now......it's not that their offense is playing wonderful, it's that Cal's defense keeps shedding the ball from them.....I'm just sick of everyone hopping on the Leach bandwagon because, "Oh look at WSU" when the reality is he's done this like the past three seasons now.....sure maybe he rallies and he leads them to maybe 11-1 if they get past Washington, but then again, history isn't on their side.........I just think Leach is over-rated.......Sure his offenses score points, but they play in the Pac-12, a light-defensive league, and use an air-raid system which is known for producing points, but then again, like tonight, it's also known for producing tons of turnovers when you really don't want them......

The pirate may not win another one this season.   ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

factchecker

Leach is a pass happy Bielema ..... nothing more.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ZERO

I had California picked to beat WSU. Leach has surprised me by starting 6-0 with a couple quality wins, but he's the kind of coach I feel could start 6-0 and end 6-7. He's not as good as everyone says. That said, he's probably going to win 10+ this year.

Although, these kinds of losses happen to everyone. They just seem to happen to Leach an uncomfortable amount. He wins 9 games in 2015, yet loses to an FCS team. He wins 8 games in 2016, and again loses to an FCS team. He began his career at Washington State 3-9, improved to 6-7, and again fell to 3-9. You never know what you're going to get with that guy, and it would frustrate me to no end.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Tusks

WSU ran the opening kickoff back for a TD, but there was a penalty and they haven't been the same since.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

Cal has a new coach, this is his 7th game.  If you look at his resume there's a lot there to think he'd be a really good HC someday but nothing there to say he's proven.

factchecker

Sloppy - check
Loudmouth and brash - check
Lose to inferior opponents - check
Win the occasional upset - check

Leach = Bielema
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ZERO

Quote from: tusked on October 14, 2017, 12:54:19 am
Cal has a new coach, this is his 7th game.  If you look at his resume there's a lot there to think he'd be a really good HC someday but nothing there to say he's proven.

California is interesting to me because they have a guy who won an FCS NC as their OC. In fact, his last season at Eastern Washington was 12-2. He had that program well-oiled and fine tuned, and just up and left to be an OC for the Golden freakin' Bears. Their DC is also Tim DeRuyter, who was the HC at Fresno State for a few years and led them to 11-2 once. And although this is Wilcox's first year as an HC, he's been a part of some successful teams as a DC for almost two decades. Kind of an impressive coaching staff all in all.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

ADavisTheGOAT

7 turnovers for WSU. 5 interceptions by Falk.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Tusks

Quote from: ZERO on October 14, 2017, 01:00:22 am
California is interesting to me because they have a guy who won an FCS NC as their OC. In fact, his last season at Eastern Washington was 12-2. He had that program well-oiled and fine tuned, and just up and left to be an OC for the Golden freakin' Bears. Their DC is also Tim DeRuyter, who was the HC at Fresno State for a few years and led them to 11-2 once. And although this is Wilcox's first year as an HC, he's been a part of some successful teams as a DC for almost two decades. Kind of an impressive coaching staff all in all.

I wonder how he got those guys to come coach for him?  First HC job but has 2 former very successful HCs as coordinators.   I mean Cal program isn't any better than the hogs.

ZERO

Really bad game for WSU. Uncharacteristically bad. They were bound to come out mentally flat at some point after their USC upset. I doubt they'll have a game this bad again for the rest of the season, but Leach can always manage to lose. He'll have a .500 record at Washington State over a six year period after this game, by the way.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

gchamblee

I was pulling for CML tonight. I love cinderella stories in football.

Tusks

One of the biggest wins in 40 years for Cal. Who knew.

ZERO

Quote from: tusked on October 14, 2017, 01:04:14 am
I wonder how he got those guys to come coach for him?  First HC job but has 2 former very successful HCs as coordinators.   I mean Cal program isn't any better than the hogs.

Well, Beau Baldwin is very successful without a doubt. He could have surely parlayed his extended success at an FCS into an HC position somewhere (even if not a P5 team), yet he took an OC job for a historically down-and-out program. And DeRuyter had a couple good years with someone else's players before getting canned, but he did show a degree of competency and gained valuable experience. I know we're in a pretty bad way, but Cal is objectively a worse football program than the Hogs in every way. Wilcox and his situation is intriguing for sure.

ZERO

Quote from: gchamblee on October 14, 2017, 01:06:59 am
I was pulling for CML tonight. I love cinderella stories in football.

Leach is entertaining, I just do not like him as an HC. At all.

alohawg

Cal bears down on cougs and suddenly leaches suck.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ZERO

Not suddenly. I've thought that for his entire tenure at WSU.

Tusks

Quote from: ZERO on October 14, 2017, 01:08:27 am
Well, Beau Baldwin is very successful without a doubt. He could have surely parlayed his extended success at an FCS into an HC position somewhere (even if not a P5 team), yet he took an OC job for a historically down-and-out program. And DeRuyter had a couple good years with someone else's players before getting canned, but he did show a degree of competency and gained valuable experience. I know we're in a pretty bad way, but Cal is objectively a worse football program than the Hogs in every way. Wilcox and his situation is intriguing for sure.

Cal's AD for replacing JL.....hahahahaha

Torqued pork

Leach is a novelty in college football.  He can be interesting and entertaining, but he is still a novelty and that's all he will ever be. No thanks.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Still take his 6-1.....over our (going to be) 2-5, after 7 games.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

factchecker

Quote from: tusked on October 14, 2017, 01:15:56 am
Cal's AD for replacing JL.....hahahahaha

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-01-04/college-football-s-top-teams-are-built-on-crippling-debt

QuoteCal sports are in big trouble. After completing the most expensive college football stadium overhaul ever, the Golden Bears now owe more money than any other college sports program. Hobbled by debt service payments, the athletic department ran a $22 million deficit last year and expects to end this fiscal year deep in the red.

A university task force is looking for possible solutions, including reducing the total number of Cal's sports programs. Any cuts could endanger some of the school's most successful teams, which cost a lot more than they bring in, and Chancellor Nicholas Dirks recently gave the group more time. "Everything is on the table," said Robert O'Donnell, a lecturer at Berkeley's Haas School of Business who co-chairs the task force.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS