Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Leach

Started by PoormansRobbyHampton, October 08, 2017, 09:41:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorcash2

Quote from: moses_007 on October 08, 2017, 09:48:09 pm
He took a program that had no talent and in 5 years built into a Pac-10 contender and a likely top 10 team this week.  He only makes $2.5 million at Washington State.  I'd bet we could get him for $3.5 million or so.

He's a little quirky, but so was Petrino.  Who cares if he's a little quirky as long as he can win football games?

Just make sure he has access to a lockable closet...

razorcash2

Quote from: hawganatic on October 08, 2017, 09:50:39 pm
How about we find a coach that knows how to act like a leader.  HDN was an embarrassment in public, Petrino pissed everybody off, and Beliema, well he's an embarrassment.  Leach would call the players girlfriends fat and lock the players in a closet like he did at Texas Tech.

No "characters" or over the top personalities anymore.  Somebody who projects discipline and leadership.
Mark Dantonio?

Wildhog

Quote from: razorcash2 on October 09, 2017, 01:04:01 pm
Mark Dantonio?

Don't see him leaving MSU.  But even if he would, he's 61 years old and has a heart condition.  The Arkansas job isn't good for the heart. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ironhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 09, 2017, 12:44:44 pm
Tim Brando of Fox was asked about rumors of Leach to the SEC a couple of days ago. His answer was, "No."

His rationale was that Leach is a contrarian and a little bit of a character, which does not fit well in the SEC. As he put it, SEC ADs would rather keep hiring old re-treads or coaches the Saban tree than think outside the box. The biggest out-of-the box hire of the last 20 years was Long hiring Bielema, and that one blew up in his face.

I'll wager we won't see a repeat.

This makes me fear the possibility of Les Miles even more.

Wildhog

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 09, 2017, 01:06:29 pm
This makes me fear the possibility of Les Miles even more.

We hire Les Miles and I seriously want my account deleted.  No one wants to deal with that. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Coach Obvious

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 01:06:01 pm
Don't see him leaving MSU.  But even if he would, he's 61 years old and has a heart condition.  The Arkansas job isn't good for the heart.

Not to mention he has had a few years that would have had this fan base flying banners like idiots.

longpig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 09, 2017, 12:58:14 pm
Which is about #74658 too many!

It'll stop when Leach's little zippy guys start breaking down as they get into the meat of their schedule against Colorado, Stanford, Utah and Washington. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longpig on October 09, 2017, 01:19:11 pm
It'll stop when Leach's little zippy guys start breaking down as they get into the meat of their schedule against Colorado, Stanford, Utah and Washington. 

I agree. My post was more of a disdain and reflection on the OP starting the thread to begin with.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 12:51:21 pm
There are really a lot of good coaches that I think we could get.  I guess I'm the only one that's not worried about finding a suitable replacement. 

Who do you think we could get that's proven?  Not saying we can't, just want to hear who you think.

longpig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 09, 2017, 01:20:40 pm
I agree. My post was more of a disdain and reflection on the OP starting the thread to begin with.

No explanation necessary
Don't be scared, be smart.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hog Pharm on October 09, 2017, 01:25:22 pm
Who do you think we could get that’s proven?  Not saying we can’t, just want to hear who you think.

Depends on what you mean by "proven."

Matt Campbell built Toledo from the ground up, and looks to be doing the same with ISU. 
Jeff Brohm is doing great things at Purdue.
PJ Fleck built Western Michigan and took them to the Cotton Bowl in year four.

I want Long to hire a guy that has taken a crap program and built them into something respectable.  Because that's essentially what has to be done at Arkansas.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on October 09, 2017, 01:33:54 pm
Depends on what you mean by "proven."

Matt Campbell built Toledo from the ground up, and looks to be doing the same with ISU. 
Jeff Brohm is doing great things at Purdue.
PJ Fleck built Western Michigan and took them to the Cotton Bowl in year four.

I want Long to hire a guy that has taken a crap program and built them into something respectable.  Because that's essentially what has to be done at Arkansas.

But are hog fans, with their inability to grasp reality, going to be happy with a guy that many have likely never heard of.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net