Yes
18 (25.4%)
No
46 (64.8%)
Gruden
7 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Roaringboar

So a week ago when I started a thread about us getting Les Miles, a lot of people said, "Oh no, he can't coach. Bielema could beat him today with the talent he has now.....Bielema is going too prove you all wrong and win at least 7-8 games...."

After today, I say again that it is imperative we go and get Miles now before it's too late. If anyone can salvage this program it's him, because it's clear Bielema isn't going to win a single SEC game this year, so why waste time when we can get someone who could start recruiting now and building a staff now before it's too late......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Qui Gon Jinn

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

WMHawgfan

Phil Fulmer is still out there too. We should offer him too.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:26:52 pm
So a week ago when I started a thread about us getting Les Miles, a lot of people said, "Oh no, he can't coach. Bielema could beat him today with the talent he has now.....Bielema is going too prove you all wrong and win at least 7-8 games...."

After today, I say again that it is imperative we go and get Miles now before it's too late. If anyone can salvage this program it's him, because it's clear Bielema isn't going to win a single SEC game this year, so why waste time when we can get someone who could start recruiting now and building a staff now before it's too late......

and you're still wrong

Qui Gon Jinn

I think we have turf now.  What would he eat?

howie76

solitons

and HDN is available too

BigHog396

I think we can do better... but it would definitely be an improvement over what we have now!

scaldedhog

He's dumber than I am and that's saying a lot!
Make Arkansas Football great again

David†

Roaringboar

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 07:34:49 pm
and you're still wrong

Yeah, whatever, Bielema is showing he doesn't have what it takes to coach in the SEC. Miles did week in and week out for 11 years, and LSU without him is struggling big time. They beat Florida today, but that was a team who lost their starting QB, so that's not a major statement. Miles would definitely be a better coach than Bielema, and he's the best man available right now, and better than almost anyone else out there you could find.....

Hawgphish

Quote from: scaldedhog on October 07, 2017, 07:36:08 pm
He's dumber than I am and that's saying a lot!
I don't want any old fired coach.  I want a spread up tempo young gun. 

JOKERHOG

My theory is bb is lm illegitimate son.  they are a lot alike and neither will be successful in the SEC without Saban leaving them talent
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

247Hog

Good gawd... not the Les and Grass debate again.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:37:12 pm
Yeah, whatever, Bielema is showing he doesn't have what it takes to coach in the SEC. Miles did week in and week out for 11 years, and LSU without him is struggling big time. They beat Florida today, but that was a team who lost their starting QB, so that's not a major statement. Miles would definitely be a better coach than Bielema, and he's the best man available right now, and better than almost anyone else out there you could find.....

and wrong again... doesn't make you a bad person. Just wrong. I do agree he's probably a better coach than Bielema but they both suck.

RyeHogFan

So, your argument for Miles is that he would win more than Bielema?  I guess we better hire him right away because it's gonna be hard to find someone who can do better than Bret.

East Clintwood

I  would be OK with Les but I'd rather go with someone younger and hungrier.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hoginator

Jimmy Johnson and Lou Holtz are available too...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 07, 2017, 07:39:37 pm

We've tried hungrier....  :)

Roaringboar

Quote from: JOKERHOG on October 07, 2017, 07:38:08 pm
My theory is bb is lm illegitimate son.  they are a lot alike and neither will be successful in the SEC without Saban leaving them talent

I'll say this again, Les Miles led two teams to the national championship. The first team had two years of Miles coaching before getting to the title game, and the other team was entirely his own talent.....the Saban excuse is just BS.......Miles had way better results at LSU than Saban ever did, and he did it when the SEC West was stronger than all of the other Power 5 conference combined.....Miles made LSU what it was, not Nick Saban.....

rzrbackramsfan

Our BOT won't allow Long to hire Les.  I doubt the new AD would want to hire Les.

atom hog

Tommy Tubberville interim coach, then Assistant AD for football operations.

pigmania

Malzahn could probably be talked into coming, but there are too many Razorback fans who are still pissed off that he beat their H.S. football team over a decade ago and that their precious HDN didn't like him. Too many Hog fans put their hurt feelings ahead of winning football games.

Qui Gon Jinn

Not sure anyone makes a  huge difference with this staff.  Miles had Chavis.  We don't.

Roaringboar

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 07, 2017, 07:39:37 pm

The only problem with that is if we did get someone young and talented, like Tom Herman, there's no way we could get him to stay because we won't be stupid enough to do a huge buyout like this again because of Bielema's failure. I could see us getting someone who would go like 6-6 first year then 8-4, 10-2, 9-3, 9-3 and then getting snatched up by someone like Tennesse or Florida. The thing with Miles is I feel we could appeal to his ego. I think he'd do anything to get another SEC job, especially in the West, especially with a strong fanbase like Arkansas.

Roaringboar

Quote from: pigmania on October 07, 2017, 07:43:54 pm
Malzahn could probably be talked into coming, but there are too many Razorback fans who are still pissed off that he beat their H.S. football team over a decade ago and that their precious HDN didn't like him. Too many Hog fans put their hurt feelings ahead of winning football games.

No way, not with the way Auburn is playing right now. I don't think they'll beat Bama, but they'll go 10-2 easy......He's not on the hot seat in any way I don't think, and if he beats 'Bama, why would he come to Arkansas? No, Malzahn is going to be at Auburn quite a few more years if they keep playing like this. That defense is just down right horrifying right now.....

HiggiePiggy

Can we stop with the Less Miles crap. Good god it is time to look for an up and comer.  Let's look at a non P5 program or some really good pro/ college coordinator.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Roaringboar

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 07, 2017, 07:46:57 pm
Can we stop with the Less Miles crap. Good god it is time to look for an up and comer.  Let's look at a non P5 program or some really good pro/ college coordinator.

Why should we when there is an elite level Power 5 coach who is just twitching about, waiting for a job. Everyone says Miles is so eager for the next job he can barely take it. He's the hungry coach we need, especially with all of the people who've posted in this thread claiming he's not a football coach at all, just some lucky moron who somehow managed to get TWO teams to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:52:42 pm
Why should we when there is an elite level Power 5 coach who is just twitching about, waiting for a job. Everyone says Miles is so eager for the next job he can barely take it. He's the hungry coach we need, especially with all of the people who've posted in this thread claiming he's not a football coach at all, just some lucky moron who somehow managed to get TWO teams to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!

Time to put the bong down.

johnny cash

Let's keep  Bret and integrity. It's working so good.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Roaringboar

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 07:53:35 pm
Time to put the bong down.

I love how Hogvillians like you feel like you have to just bash and insult someone when you've run out of BS to try and disprove them once you've seen the actual facts and realize there is no way to support your initial comment whatsoever............

Qui Gon Jinn

Les was known for poor clock management.  Especially when it was close.  I've had enough of that.  I'd like someone else.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on October 07, 2017, 07:56:56 pm
Les was known for poor clock management.  Especially when it was close.  I've had enough of that.  I'd like someone else.

Tell that to his 2 SEC championships, 2 National Championship appearences (1 win there as well), and his 141-55 record at LSU (Most wins by an LSU coach in LSU History)!!!!!

LRrazorback

pigmania

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:46:41 pm
No way, not with the way Auburn is playing right now. I don't think they'll beat Bama, but they'll go 10-2 easy......He's not on the hot seat in any way I don't think, and if he beats 'Bama, why would he come to Arkansas? No, Malzahn is going to be at Auburn quite a few more years if they keep playing like this. That defense is just down right horrifying right now.....
Gus is an Arkansas guy. I think he would like to coach here, but he would have to have a good incentive to leave Auburn. He's better than Bret and I just don't see a top notch coach coming to this dumpster fire.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:59:53 pm
Tell that to his 2 SEC championships, 2 National Championship appearences (1 win there as well), and his 141-55 record at LSU (Most wins by an LSU coach in LSU History)!!!!!

OK

Roaringboar

Quote from: pigmania on October 07, 2017, 08:00:33 pm
Gus is an Arkansas guy. I think he would like to coach here, but he would have to have a good incentive to leave Auburn. He's better than Bret and I just don't see a top notch coach coming to this dumpster fire.

I think we could get someone without a doubt actually......We are still an SEC West school with a strong fan base and we're about to have a newly renovated stadium......And we can pay them big too......We won't be as stupid as we were with Bret, but we could definitely bring someone in, start at a reasonable scale, and if they win big up their salary like we should've done with Bret, not fork out the cash after going 6-6 and 7-5.......we could get someone big I think without any problem......but Gus, he may be an Arkansas guy, but Auburn was where he first made it to the big leagues as an OC, and with the current success with that program, he has no real reason to leave.......

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:56:20 pm
I love how Hogvillians like you feel like you have to just bash and insult someone when you've run out of BS to try and disprove them once you've seen the actual facts and realize there is no way to support your initial comment whatsoever............

Oh, I could counter with the facts. I just learned never to argue with a drunk.

pigmania

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 07, 2017, 07:46:57 pm
I'm sick and tired of us having to be the University of Houston North and settle for an up and coming coach. We are an SEC West school. If we have to settle for an up and comer, then we need to get out of the elite football conference, because we don't deserve to be in it.

Hog N Bama

NO WE DO NOT WANT THAT DUFUS!! Apparently neither does ESPN/SEC Network

Roaringboar

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 08:05:42 pm
Oh, I could counter with the facts. I just learned never to argue with a drunk.

Again with the pathetic second-grader insults.....Prove it then.....show me your stats.....when it comes to actual wins and program performance Miles was a beast and you have nothing to prove otherwise.......

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 08:07:54 pm
Again with the pathetic second-grader insults.....Prove it then.....show me your stats.....when it comes to actual wins and program performance Miles was a beast and you have nothing to prove otherwise.......

Miles will not coach again. That will be proof enough without having to argue. Have a great day.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 08:28:54 pm
Miles will not coach again. That will be proof enough without having to argue. Have a great day.

Uh-oh, I'm sorry I proved you so bad wrong you just have nothing to say on the matter.....well, have a nice day :)

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 08:30:43 pm
Uh-oh, I'm sorry I proved you so bad wrong you just have nothing to say on the matter.....well, have a nice day :)

lol

lilredheadedlady

Don't want the grass eater. Yuck.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Roaringboar

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on October 07, 2017, 08:35:15 pm
Don't want the grass eater. Yuck.

He's just doing his part in the circle of life, remember, "When thing lose they become the grass, and Miles, well, he eats the grass".......

crazyhawg57

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 08:37:47 pm
He's just doing his part in the circle of life, remember, "When thing lose they become the grass, and Miles, well, he eats the grass".......

No. He prolly still smells like corn dogs.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!