Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wonder if Saban's reign of Terror is so despised at Alabama

Started by tomarkansawyer, October 07, 2017, 05:42:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tomarkansawyer

"Bret, you have made being around the football program fun again," Long said, by far the most significant words in Long's long address preceding Bielema' 14-minute speech as the banquet's main speaker.
From players to office staff, the atmosphere is more congenial and positively enjoyable and off the field more disciplined.

This is what is wrong with Bielema. He has lost this team. I'm not sure he has every truly been in control of any of his teams. I think BA may have been the one to truly lead when he was a senior, at least the last half of that season.

Gripe about coaches like Petrino or Saban, but at least the players know what is expected of them. I'm pretty sure it's not always an "enjoyable atmosphere" under them, but there is usually more joy when the games are over.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, a good guy, I don't know the man. But I know leaders when I see them. He's not the type of leader we need in the SEC, "where they slit your throat and drink your blood" as Coach Kines so eloquently phrased it.

This is coaching. South Carolina is no more talented then us, he is getting schooled by Will Muschamp. Let that sink in.

bondhue

That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

tomarkansawyer

Quote from: bondhue on October 07, 2017, 05:56:42 pm
Skybox in razorback stadium for sale.  Make offer.

It will take the big money guys to finally have had enough. I hope they are at that point and go get a guy that will bring passion and accountability back to Razorback football. It starts with Long, he has to go first. He needs to go to the Big 10. If we are going to stay in the SEC, then we have bring the type of mentality to win in the SEC, and it has to start with the AD, to set that tone.