Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

repeat of 2015?

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, September 25, 2017, 07:06:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

In 2015 we started off 1-3. The win was over UTEp while the losses were Toledo, Texas Tech, and A&M. We then went 6-2 through the rest of the season and won our bowl game. This season is setting up to be similar. Won the 1st game, lost to an ooc texas team, lost to A&M, and the next opponent is another under the radar opponent similar to Toledo. If the offense continues to improve, could we see this team rattle off another late season streak? Will we see the return of those awesome Novembert teams?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

If these players can man-up and pull out of "The Stank", maybe...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HoggyCat

If so, Bert will get another raise and extension.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

onebadrubi

The staff had a lot more public support that year.  I think players are starting to hear the outside noice from fans and it may cause locker room issues. 

We've seen under Bret the team get better as the year went on, except for last game of last year then then the bowl game.   I'm all for one hoping you're though becomes right

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 25, 2017, 07:06:03 am
In 2015 we started off 1-3. The win was over UTEp while the losses were Toledo, Texas Tech, and A&M. We then went 6-2 through the rest of the season and won our bowl game. This season is setting up to be similar. Won the 1st game, lost to an ooc texas team, lost to A&M, and the next opponent is another under the radar opponent similar to Toledo. If the offense continues to improve, could we see this team rattle off another late season streak? Will we see the return of those awesome Novembert teams?

2015 was all about BA and good receivers, aided by AC's ability to get yardage when there was none there collectively outscoring Auburn and OM in overtime, aided by Les Miles's team's self destruction and Missouri at the sad end to a coaching career.

NMSU is not a sure thing.  Could be the closest thing to a "Citadel Moment" in a quarter century.

South Carolina is the last chance to stop the 2017 program running off the cliff onto free fall.  They are bad but they have the home field and Arkansas is reeling.

Saban didn't show any mercy to Vandy and he won't in Tuscaloosa.

If A&M could exploit all those mile wide holes in the Arkansas defense Gus will do the same.

Ole Miss could be anywhere by game time but the game is in Oxford.

Ogre-on isn't long for Baton Rouge but he'll be geed enough this year.

MSU has a QB that fits what it's offense can do.  Arkansas does not.

Well at least Mizzou is in the same pathetic shape so that's a nice farewell to Bielema.  Any reasonable way to slice this season and it still comes down to 4-8 and a cold rainy Black Friday in Fayetteville with two hapless teams led by doomed coaches playing before a mostly empty stadium.

jkstock04

A&M is basically the equivalent of a "high end" sunbelt team. I think we are in some major trouble this year. What's the path to 6 wins? Not only does the team have to overcome talent and depth deficiencies...they also have to overcome some major adversity. We'll see but it looks bleak.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Al Boarland

Not a chance with the play in the trenches. We don't have the ponies.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 25, 2017, 07:15:33 am
We've seen under Bret the team get better as the year went on, except for last game of last year then then the bowl game.   I'm all for one hoping you're though becomes right

Something just occurred to me. Remember when the issue with Bielema, and our teams, was the SLOW START? Like 2014, 2015. In those 2 years—if not for the bad "ear hole tuck call" on the Missouri quarterback and our missed chipshot fieldgoal vs Mississippi State—we would ended the seasons with a clean sweep. Amazing.

Then the narrative changed to we have to learn to FINISH. It was a better time when it was one or the other—and I prefer the stronger season end—but looks like we're headed to problems the entire season. We'll see how this year plays out, but not sure I see any indication that things will fall into place and start clicking later on. Hope I'm wrong.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hollywood_HOGan45

The one reason I don't think this is possible is due to the off line STILL bring a mystery.   It's actually horrible.  SIX SACKS!!!!

Razorbackers

Honestly, this feels more like 2014. The team had little confidence coming in from the previous season, struggled in conference play, then turned it on late to win 6 games and drew a crap Texas team and won the bowl game to go 7-6.

That 2014 team came really close to winning several games. Bielema cried in a presser. And they fought all the way down before finally getting over the hump.

The issue is that the 2014 team was in year 2, and they got over the hump and it was great. This is year 5. There shouldn't be a hump.

HawgTrough

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 25, 2017, 08:37:09 am
The one reason I don't think this is possible is due to the off line STILL bring a mystery.   It's actually horrible.  SIX SACKS!!!!

it's not like Allen is getting swallowed up immediately. I still think a big part of it is our WR's inability to get separation
WPS

EastexHawg

If Auburn had held onto half the passes they dropped we would have lost that game handily, and the Ole Miss win is still the most unbelievable I have ever seen, or it is at least right up there with the Cal-Stanford running through the band ending.  We lost that game twice, once on the pass to Henry ten yards short of the first down marker and again on the sack of Allen in O/T that was negated by a facemask.

It somewhat amazes me that there are so many people have watched Bielema's teams for going on five years and yet still have the impression that we have an outstanding squad that is about to bust out the whuppin' stick and make a huge run to glory.  What do they think they are seeing?  Do they think we are just on a five year unlucky streak?  We're 10-23 in SEC play.  We are what our record says we are.

Porkette

I've thought about the parallels to 2015. That team looked really bad starting out.  One similarity was all of our experienced receivers being hurt early on in the season and new ones (like Drew Morgan) eventually stepping up. A big difference, though, was that was Dan Enos's first year trying to get his offense going.

It's certainly possible, but not feeling very likely.
GO HOGS GO!

rhames

A&M have a very average d line for sec standards.

They ate us alive.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

1highhog

Simple answer, No.