Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did anyone notice Austin Allen fustration

Started by smb, September 25, 2017, 05:41:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smb

Was it sad to see Allen's total frustration. Gotta keep your poise the whole game. I think that says it all.
GeorgiaHOG

Dominicanhog

Quote from: smb on September 25, 2017, 05:41:45 am
Was it sad to see Allen's total frustration. Gotta keep your poise the whole game. I think that says it all.

He starts on the first play of the game.. it's just not a good look... looks like a spoiled brat .. I'm sure he's tired of being plowed and receivers running wrong routes but he stares people down, holds onto the ball too long and doesn't recognize pressure, you don't see the rest of the team shaking their head at him...

When they are bringing 5-6, audible to a quick slant or safety valve RB.. We seem to just drop back and run deep routes, slow developing,  with them loaded up and coming down hill... I remember they used to get on BA for checking off too much.. Not sure I've seen AA check off, though I'm sure he does...  AA needs to see daylight between receiver and DB or he won't let it go,  and that just doesn't work against SEC db's.

We need a quick hitting passing game to compensate for the pressure.. our only defense is the screen game.. saw on the Packers game last night that Romo was talking about the QB release in 2-2.5 seconds when they are bringing pressure and the OL can't hold up... you watch many of the sacks are 4-5 seconds.. No OL can't hold for that long...

bulldog04

Dominicanhog

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 25, 2017, 06:03:35 am
Peyton Manning done it his whole career

Yeah, for some reason it looked different on Peyton, I wonder what that could have been?

onebadrubi

I'm not sure Austin is given the ability to check on his own?

Also, in detecting pressures, he's detecting blitz pressure, he's not detecting which Down lineman is going to be allowed a few shot at him at though. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 25, 2017, 06:09:21 am
I'm not sure Austin is given the ability to check on his own?

Also, in detecting pressures, he's detecting blitz pressure, he's not detecting which Down lineman is going to be allowed a few shot at him at though.

It's all on the OL... right...

hogpc

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 25, 2017, 06:03:35 am
Peyton Manning done it his whole career
Completely different, shocked someone can't tell the difference between whining and leading...

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 25, 2017, 06:12:55 am
It's all on the OL... right...

You do realize there isn't fault in detecting pressures when there is only 4 down lineman coming, don't you? 

nwahogfan1

Our OL problems is either recruiting or coaching.   Recruiting goes out to who ever offered these wrong guys who I assume is CBB and developing these guys falls into the hands of Anderson.  Well it isn't working and Anderson being hired falls to CBB and a mystery to me.

According to CBB,  Anderson was the best who put in for the job.  I do not know who put in for the job but I am surprised with all of CBB  many contacts he could not find a older established OL coach off of a Good FCS program or even a BCS team who has SEC recruiting ties.  Why gamble on a young Coach with no recruiting ties to the SEC?   His last job was as an assistant to the assistant.

I do not understand this hiring at all.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 25, 2017, 06:19:22 am
You do realize there isn't fault in detecting pressures when there is only 4 down lineman coming, don't you?

You said which DL was taking shots at him, implying the OL was not doing their job..

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

If I was pounded into the ground until my nose bleeds while all of hog nation blames me for the offensive deficiency, I'd visibly frustrated too.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The Boar War

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 25, 2017, 06:30:37 am
If I was pounded into the ground until my nose bleeds while all of hog nation blames me for the offensive deficiency, I'd visibly frustrated too.

Please.  He's been handled with kid gloves on here compared to the OL and WRs.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 25, 2017, 06:26:56 am
You said which DL was taking shots at him, implying the OL was not doing their job..

Our o line in the A&M game was not stopping their d line pressure.  The o line had issues handling just 4 down lineman in this game. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 25, 2017, 06:30:37 am

At some point this staff has to scheme around getting the ball out of his hands quick. 

Screens, slants, quick out routes, hot routes, etc. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: The Boar War on September 25, 2017, 06:35:26 am
No lies there lol. Im just saying that the kid has a reason to be pissed
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 25, 2017, 06:26:27 am
Our OL problems is either recruiting or coaching.   Recruiting goes out to who ever offered these wrong guys who I assume is CBB and developing these guys falls into the hands of Anderson.  Well it isn't working and Anderson being hired falls to CBB and a mystery to me.

According to CBB,  Anderson was the best who put in for the job.  I do not know who put in for the job but I am surprised with all of CBB  many contacts he could not find a older established OL coach off of a Good FCS program or even a BCS team who has SEC recruiting ties.  Why gamble on a young Coach with no recruiting ties to the SEC?   His last job was as an assistant to the assistant.

I do not understand this hiring at all.
Cant disagree with anything you said

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 25, 2017, 06:52:49 am
No lies there lol. Im just saying that the kid has a reason to be pissed

so does every other player on the team... they just don't handle themselves visibly the same way...

IronMountainHog

He's a team Captain, act like it. Lead by example and quit pointing fingers and pouting like a child. The rest of the team is following his lead and it reflects poorly.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm not bashing him, but I noticed this last year as well. Body language and facial expression don't exactly inspire confidence and tenacity. I understand his frustration.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

TexArkHogFan

No team is perfect, some are worse than others.  But, if you're the chosen one at QB you need to learn to play with what you have, not what you want it to be.  Adjustments need to be made and Allen seems incapable of making those adjustments.  At least with Kelley, if it ain't there he has the ability to tuck it and and put the hurt on somebody.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

The OTR

I watched Austin play little league baseball and basketball and then again in Jr. High and high school football. His teams were always loaded with very good players and therefore he rarely faced any adversity on those teams. I'd guess his travel teams and little league teams won 90% of games they played.  I'm not surprised he's showing his frustration about this team. He has never had to deal with much if any adversity in his athletic career from the time he was big enough to play organized sports. 

BallHog1

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on September 25, 2017, 09:15:53 am
I watched Austin play little league baseball and basketball and then again in Jr. High and high school football. His teams were always loaded with very good players and therefore he rarely faced any adversity on those teams. I'd guess his travel teams and little league teams won 90% of games they played.  I'm not surprised he's showing his frustration about this team. He has never had to deal with much if any adversity in his athletic career from the time he was big enough to play organized sports. 
This sounds made up, not saying you are lying but something just doesn't sound right.

PLHawg

The drop-back pass is not working with this offensive line.  Probably too late in the game to change your offensive philosophy, but if AA has any chance of getting the pass off effectively on a consistent basis it's going to have to be out of the shotgun formation.  Obviously, that affects the running game, so I'm not sure what the solution would be, maybe pistol formation.  That being said, I saw AA hold on to the ball on a few occasions for like 4 - 5 seconds, no offensive line can hold for that long.  Let's face it, we're one of the few offenses that still has the QB take the snap from under center and use a drop-back pass, for good reason.

Kevin

when we scored after his tantrum on the sideline, did he go up to o line on the bench, and show them any love?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Athog

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 25, 2017, 09:33:00 am
This sounds made up, not saying you are lying but something just doesn't sound right.

I appreciate you not just coming right out and calling me a liar. I do appreciate your restraint.

rogersvillemohog

Speaking of Austin Allen and poise, after watching Bert's show last night, it sure did look like he had plenty of time in the pocket to make a different throw in OT and it also looked like he could have taken off and ran for a first down (and possibly a touchdown). Did anybody else catch this, or are my frustrated eyes deceiving me?
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

IronHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 25, 2017, 06:36:12 am
Our o line in the A&M game was not stopping their d line pressure.  The o line had issues handling just 4 down lineman in this game. 

Y'all said the same thing when BA was struggling behind a GREAT pass block OL...
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hawgon

Favorites...Bert plays them.  It always destroys a team eventually.

IronHog

Quote from: hawgon on September 25, 2017, 02:16:43 pm
Favorites...Bert plays them.  It always destroys a team eventually.

This

AA is acting a little entitled.  He needs to sit a series or two

razorsharptusk

Same Austin from last year.  The shoving off of the O lineman when they try to help him up, the throwing his hands up in the air, the head down when coming off the field. I think that is why Cole is like a breath of fresh air.  He runs into the game, smiling, get's hit, get's up smiling, plows for first downs.  His whole demeanor is different.  And thus it changes the other players as well. It just seems the team plays, I won't say better, but differently when he comes into the game.
GO HOGS!!

hawgon

I'd be pretty pissy too if I was getting beaten to a bloody pulp because coach was playing favorites and using inferior players in the offensive line.

jkstock04

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 25, 2017, 02:19:31 pm
Same Austin from last year.  The shoving off of the O lineman when they try to help him up, the throwing his hands up in the air, the head down when coming off the field. I think that is why Cole is like a breath of fresh air.  He runs into the game, smiling, get's hit, get's up smiling, plows for first downs.  His whole demeanor is different.  And thus it changes the other players as well. It just seems the team plays, I won't say better, but differently when he comes into the game.
Agreed...seems like a different feel when he's on the field. I like the presence of a big qb. Physically I think he will be able to take the punishment much better than Allen. I'm afraid Allen won't make it through the Bama game uninjured.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: hawgon on September 25, 2017, 02:25:18 pm
I'd be pretty pissy too if I was getting beaten to a bloody pulp because coach was playing favorites and using inferior players in the offensive line.

You know that pissy face Allen makes? I was critical of it until I made that same damn face when he forced that ball into triple coverage on third down in overtime knowing it was 4 down territory. He threw the ball away all dang day when he had open receivers and then tries to force it in triple coverage in OT... yep, I made that same damn face.
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 25, 2017, 02:19:31 pm

Haha wait until he actually plays more than one play at a time and has to face some adversity. He missed a walk in TD from Williams. He's asked to do very little right now but is obviously effective. His time will come.

DeltaBoy

He needs to man up and play better.   All those manning camps seem not to have helped. And Archie Manning was one of the biggest games in history.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MJ2

Better believe that other coaches will use his frustration to recruit against us.   They will tell kids "just look if you have good talent and go to AR, you're gonna end up frustrated and losing".    Hard to argue.

IronHog

Quote from: MJ2 on September 25, 2017, 02:51:34 pm
Better believe that other coaches will use his frustration to recruit against us.   They will tell kids "just look if you have good talent and go to AR, you're gonna end up frustrated and losing".    Hard to argue.
I'd say OL recruiting will be VERY difficult

Several blue chips haven't panned out.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: MJ2 on September 25, 2017, 02:51:34 pm

We have recruited QB pretty well over the last couple of years. Not a position I'm worried about.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: The Boar War on September 25, 2017, 06:35:26 am

I don't recall seeing Brandon pitching a fit...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

phadedhawg

Austin needs a better poker face.  Of course he's got a hard act to follow.  Brandon Allen was probably the most hated Razorback in the modern era for a season.  Even after getting his truck burnt, he would show frustration with himself occasionally but not with his teammates. 

My wife (who swears she's an Arkansas fan but is really only an NFL fan and watches the game while starring at her phone) commented "does he always pout this much or is this unique?" 

It's painfully obvious that Austin isn't the kid who can take a beating and keep his composure.  Heck, doubt many people are.  But nothing is going to change midseason.  Our line is a sieve.  Might as well give Kelley an honest chance.  He carries himself with confidence and that's not something I've seen Allen do in a long time.  Austin watches from the sideline he might get hungry again.  Right now he's full of taking a beating.  I don't fault him one bit.  It's a tough situation but right now we someone just a little bit tougher.