Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FWIW Razorbacks fans (from an Aggie)

Started by TPS_Report, September 24, 2017, 08:16:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TPS_Report

I feel (felt) your pain.  I have named our season "Operation Rolling Cluster" after the UCLA loss and the underwhelming performances since then.  Y'all are likely feeling the same way for your season.  It sucks to go through an off-season of buildup, being starved for seeing your team in action then seeing it all go into the toilet so quickly (happened in one half of football for me).

This was a game between two highly flawed teams.  My Aggies came out on top this time but it wasn't the product of one team being superior to the other. 

I hope y'all have your typical improvement as the season progresses.  If not, I hope you get a coach that will be able to maximize your program.  You guys are good people.

Gig 'Em
I bleed maroon and I wipe burnt orange.

Lanny

You should be happy coming over here.  Arkansas is 0-3 in overtime games against the Aggies, it's unreal how the Razorbacks find a way to lose this game each year.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TPS_Report

Quote from: Lanny on September 24, 2017, 08:17:45 am
You should be happy coming over here.  Arkansas is 0-3 in overtime games against the Aggies, it's unreal how the Razorbacks find a way to lose this game each year.

If the losses were because of A&M's dominance I would be happy.  Instead, it's about Arkansas' miscues, which doesn't really rev my engines.

I can't trust this A&M team to play a solid 4 quarters.  I'm pleased we won, but the manner of the victory and the nature of the season so far precludes celebration.

:(

Lanny

Quote from: TPS_Report on September 24, 2017, 08:22:59 am
If the losses were because of A&M's dominance I would be happy.  Instead, it's about Arkansas' miscues, which doesn't really rev my engines.

I can't trust this A&M team to play a solid 4 quarters.  I'm pleased we won, but the manner of the victory and the nature of the season so far precludes celebration.

:(
Enjoy every win and watching college football.  Best sport going today
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Ragnar Hogbrok

Congratulations to your team.  They suck less than we do.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

TPS_Report

Quote from: The Chief on September 24, 2017, 08:26:57 am
Congratulations to your team.  They suck less than we do.

On that particular Saturday.  The suckitude is pretty equal IMO.

McKdaddy

My Ag wife finds Arkansas football to be a sympathetic figure.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

tusksincolorado

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 24, 2017, 09:13:00 am

This just doesn't sound right on SO many different levels.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jowl@themoon

What I hear:
aTm: Yeah we won, but it's Arkansas.

Redhogs

Quote from: jowl@themoon on September 24, 2017, 09:23:02 am
What I hear:
Who can blame him..he'd be right...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Uberanubis

What I hear:

Had the hogs won the game we would have heard form hog fans "yeah we won but it was a really bad Aggie team"
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

LJHOG

It's unreal how aTm allows the games to go to OT.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: LJHOG on September 24, 2017, 09:26:43 am

It's unreal how we keep losing to them.

Arkansas Fan

What I hear:

That's what annoys me. Arkansas is looked down on by a program that we historically dominated.

longpig

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 24, 2017, 09:33:04 am
That's what annoys me. Arkansas is looked down on by a program that we historically dominated.

Dominated preSumlin.  The man may not be able to hold a team together without a ringer at QB, but he's usually hard to beat early season, which unfortunately is when we play them. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

hoglady

Quote from: LJHOG on September 24, 2017, 09:26:43 am

We gifted A&M that OT with the sky kick off.
(which to me looked almost like a dang onside kick)
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Redhogs

Quote from: longpig on September 24, 2017, 09:37:37 am
Dominated preSumlin.  The man may not be able to hold a team together without a ringer at QB, but he's usually hard to beat early season, which unfortunately is when we play them.
Or you could say, dominated pre Bert. This is the same Sumlin that blew a 44-10 lead to UCLA two games ago and lost, so much for being hard to beat early season.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

longpig

Both programs won and lost yesterday.  We lost the game but are one step closer to getting a new HC.  WPS!

Most Aggies would probably prefer to be one step closer to  parting ways with theirs.

mckinneyhog5

Aggies have more wins in OT then any NCAA football team.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

deserthog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 24, 2017, 10:37:32 am

They can thank the hogs for that!

Calling All Hogs

Both coaches need to be fired. The sad thing is you will probably fire your coach even though he won and we will probably keep ours even though he lost.

longpig

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 24, 2017, 12:39:50 pm
Both coaches need to be fired. The sad thing is you will probably fire your coach even though he won and we will probably keep ours even though he lost.

Yep, Aggies have payments to make on the House that Johhny Built.  Hopefully the DWRRS remodel will create the same sense of urgency.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: longpig on September 24, 2017, 12:54:02 pm
Yep, Aggies have to make the payments on the House that Johhny Built.  Hopefully the DWRRS remodel will create the same sense of urgency here.

Nah. We're turning into the Oregon State of the SEC, but with nicer facilities and without the sh!!ty weather.

Should be able to target some of their recruits soon.
This is my non-signature signature.

HiggiePiggy

I bet we can finish worse than you guys this year!!!!! 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

Amen This bunch on the Hill could lose to TAMU with the Dallas cowboys roster!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 24, 2017, 09:33:04 am

It depends on what time period you're talking about. If you go back to the period when A&M hired Sherrill, the series was tied 5-5 before Arkansas left the SWC, with A&M sending you out with consecutive losses. You won 3 in a row when we were in the Big 12, but we've won every year since we've joined the SEC.

If you look at the two programs, A&M should beat Arkansas more often than not, they have more advantages than Arkansas does.

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: Redhogs on September 24, 2017, 09:55:24 am
Or you could say, dominated pre Bert. This is the same Sumlin that blew a 44-10 lead to UCLA two games ago and lost, so much for being hard to beat early season.

Sumlin's first non-conference loss in six years at A&M. Say what you want about Sumlin, but Arkansas would kill for that kind of a non-conference record.

thebignasty

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 24, 2017, 02:30:17 pm
It depends on what time period you're talking about. If you go back to the period when A&M hired Sherrill, the series was tied 5-5 before Arkansas left the SWC, with A&M sending you out with consecutive losses. You won 3 in a row when we were in the Big 12, but we've won every year since we've joined the SEC.

If you look at the two programs, A&M should beat Arkansas more often than not, they have more advantages than Arkansas does.

It's 41-30 even after we've lost 6 in a row. Get that weak junk out of here.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

LRHawg

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 24, 2017, 02:31:40 pm
Sumlin's first non-conference loss in six years at A&M. Say what you want about Sumlin, but Arkansas would kill for that kind of a non-conference record.

Or their recruits. We lost big with the SEC expansion into Texas and Missouri.

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 09:53:24 am
I was actually hoping that we would have tried on onside kick at that point.  It would have been the absolute last thing on A&M's mind.  Actually, I don't think it would have been on there mind at all.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 24, 2017, 10:37:32 am

Actually, they're tied with Arkansas for second. Tennessee is first.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 24, 2017, 02:30:17 pm

Quote from: thebignasty on September 24, 2017, 02:35:12 pm
It's 41-30 even after we've lost 6 in a row. Get that weak junk out of here.

longpig

Quote from: Redhogs on September 24, 2017, 09:55:24 am

Usually, Chief.  "usually hard to beat early season".  This season is the exception, ignoring their win in JerryWorld.

longpig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 24, 2017, 12:55:38 pm
Nah. We're turning into the Oregon State of the SEC, but with nicer facilities and without the sh!!ty weather.

Should be able to target some of their recruits soon.

What's not to like about blistering heat and blizzards in the same week?

EastexHawg

Quote from: longpig on September 24, 2017, 09:37:37 am

You really believe it is because of when we play them?

This one is right up there with all the other explanations, excuses, theories, and rationalizations for why we are losing:

"Sure someone else might win quicker, but Bielema is building it the right way."

"He inherited a dumpster fire, but is recruiting the best and deepest talent we have had since joining the SEC."

"The SEC is so much tougher than it has ever been."

"The problems were (insert name of former assistant hired by Bielema here) fault.  Coach (insert name of new assistant hired by Bielema here) is instituting (name a new scheme) and we are going to see big improvements!"

The Aggies aren't world beaters who fall apart after playing us, and we don't beat them up so badly that they are too worn down for the rest of their schedule.  The Aggies play the easiest part of their schedule early... and we are one of their easier opponents, at least among SEC teams (hence our 12-29 conference record the last six years)...and lose against the better teams they play later.

Anyone who still believes the explanations and theories other than "our AD and our coach aren't up to the job of winning in this conference" either isn't paying attention or simply wants to claim to believe something that is clearly not true.

1highhog

Quote from: hoglady on September 24, 2017, 09:53:24 am

Why the heck BB does this is beyond me,  I never remember it working in our favor.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 24, 2017, 09:13:00 am

She apparently gets us.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm holding out final judgement on who actually won or lost the game until we can factor in team GPAs.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 24, 2017, 12:39:50 pm

So, so true.  We like to keep ours a good 3-4 seasons after they stop producing/doing a decent job.  Which means BB has at least another 2 years here after this one.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07