Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you really surprised?

Started by hawgon, September 23, 2017, 03:50:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

What has this staff EVER done to make you think it can win a game of this sort?  Time and again, whatever mistakes need to be made, we can generally be counted on to make them.

Three decisions today that had nothing to do with players.  The first was the typically gutless Bielema call to not even try for points at the end of the half after a great return.  The second was the decision to the ONE GUY with the ability to take one to the house.  The third and final was the ridiculous pooch kick that practically conceded field goal position to them at the end of the game.

arlhog

Not surprised what so ever!  Why should you be?   They out recruit us and find a way to beat us every year.   

Hoggie17

NO!, I lost faith in CBB long ago.

hog.goblin

Since Bret Bielema came to Arkansas in 2013, Hogs are 10-23 in SEC games. Only Vandy (9-23) & Kentucky (9-24) have been worse

Hoggiedawg

Nope.  I called this from the beginning.  He's a loser.

longtimeHogfan

I  didn't call it from the beginning.  I wanted him to succeed in the worst way.  But this is year five.  Our offense played well enough to win but the 'D' and special teams let us down.  He just ain't gonna' get it done.  There's a lot of season left yet, and we could, conceivably win some we aren't supposed to.  But I can't see it happening.   
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

TheRazorback500

Nope. I saw the signs right off the bat that deja vu was going to rule.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Breems

I'm surprised. That it was that close.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

pa_rob424

Not surprised. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though. We seem to go away from what is working at times. 4th qtr line play was encouraging though. If AA can move in the pocket more, like he did in the 4th, we will be ok. Also needs to throw it away when he is outside the pocket rather than ducking and takings sacks for big losses.

Glad to see us take some chances deep with Nance. Like the wild hog wig with Hayden and short distance with Kelley. Williams looked good. Still only gave Hammonds one play and he gained 8 yds.

Don't think we need big changes on offense other than less Jekyll and Hyde play calling.

One thing that absolutely must change is the rush 3 drop 8 defense we are playing. You can only cover so long. If you're dropping 8, why play such soft coverage?  Jam the receivers at least. Playing to not give up big chunks still didn't work as they hashed us time and time again, and still nickle and dimed us all day long.

No doubt Curl had the guy's jersey in OT, but the guy broke away from him and was still not close to catching the ball. Hate to see that call made on 3rd down in OT, but it was the right call. Kind of a wash from the screw up on Mond's run earlier. I also thought our kick coverage was really good early so it was only a matter of time before they broke one. I actually called the Kirk return as I knew they'd kick it to him. Not sure if they're trying to prove a point or what.

bkjbearcat

Looking back there were a lot of reg flags in season 1. Rutgers, Miss St and LSU. A better HC would of won at least one of those games.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

JD Hogg

No.  I'm not surprised. Played out about like I thought it would.

hawgon

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 23, 2017, 04:23:48 pm
Looking back there were a lot of reg flags in season 1. Rutgers, Miss St and LSU. A better HC would of won at least one of those games.

A decent coach would have us in a bowl in that first season.

sickboy

No. I'm guessing Arkansas will be in the same place in 25 years. We have some good years. Some bad years.

hog47

Let's get for a 4 win season at best