Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's be honest with ourselves...

Started by Malvin, September 23, 2017, 03:43:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Malvin

We are a really bad team, pure and simple.  I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but we are bad.  There is a good chance that we will finish dead last overall in the entire SEC.  Think about it, we only put 7 points on TCU while SMU puts 36 on them the next week.  We lose to probably the worst A&M team in a decade.. a team relying on a freshman QB who just got his first start last week.

We have some flare, we can make a play here and there but we have no play makers on the team.  We maybe have a few that show something here and there, but we have no stars, no stand outs.  The only exception may be at center, everywhere else the position is not strong for a number of different reasons.

I thought at the beginning of the season we would at least be strong with a senior QB and a more senior line.. I mean heck we could always run the ball right?  Wow, was I dead wrong.  This team has no soul, it has no heart, this isn't something the seniors are going to be able to do something about.  They missed that chance in the off season when they should have been influencing the team.

It's a team of empty souls that will be trying to survive until the end of the season.  Prepare to be beat by 50 by Alabama, MSU, probably Auburn because they just seem to do that to us.  It's going to be a ugly year.

The question is, will a freshman step up, will there be a freshman stand up and say.. we are bad this year but this is my team and we are going to start changing the culture so that in future years we will be improved?  That's what I want to see, who is going to step up for the rest of the year to give us any kind of hope?

justasportsfan

Lets be honest with ourselves about this too.  Defense gave up 43 points in regulation.  Hello people.  Does that not concern anyone?  or are we just used to that and hope to outscore?

Hoggie17

Let be honest, 1.  should have never fired BP 2. Since we did we should never given a huge buy to a coach with a losing record. Long is responsible for both.

Beaverfever

I'm not in denial about that at all.  This team is average at basically everything it does.  I can't remember the last time we had this little offensive firepower.  It feels like we're waiting for our next star player to step up.  Right now we got nothing.

jcharkansas

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 23, 2017, 03:49:05 pm
Let be honest, 1.  should have never fired BP 2. Since we did we should never given a huge buy to a coach with a losing record. Long is responsible for both.
You can't deny either one of those facts.

Jimbob111

I know the Hogs are bad. I also know why. I can't ever remember a time when the Hogs were this bad without any sign of a bright spot in the future.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Tusks

BB does NOT have the IT factor when it comes to coaching.  If you don't have the IT factor as a coach at AR, you will be avg. at best.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The_Iceman

What hope do we have to get any better over the next 2-3 seasons?

8 wins max for any season going forward. That would have been a rebuilding year under Petrino.

hogpc

I agree with your statement that "we have no soul." We have good players, but we don't have leadership. Our QB spends WAY too much time complaining and it sucks the spirit out of everyone around him. BB has lost this team, no way we recover for any semblance of a decent season. This team is officially a dumpster fire, complete lack of leadership from players and coaches. BB and AA need to both go, they can no longer provide anything positive.

Hogs run wild

i don't like the way we play the 3-4, asking our d-linemen to take up space. we hardly even send our LBs, and when we do, it's the same guy over and over.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Fan1958

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 23, 2017, 03:49:05 pm

Bobby Petrino is not walking through that door, fans. John Gruden is not walking through that door, fans. Chip Kelly (most likely) is not walking through that door, fans.

So when you realize that and get over it, maybe you can move on.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Hoggie17

I don't want Gruden, Chip Kelly whole different situation.

wachhog

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 23, 2017, 04:02:12 pm
Bobby Petrino is not walking through that door, fans. John Gruden is not walking through that door, fans. Chip Kelly (most likely) is not walking through that door, fans.

So when you realize that and get over it, maybe you can move on.
So old. So tired. So lame.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Malvin on September 23, 2017, 03:43:44 pm
We are a really bad team, pure and simple. 

Well, you lost me right there.  We are not a bad team and I suspect you know it but have an agenda.

sickboy

Quote from: justasportsfan on September 23, 2017, 03:45:32 pm
Lets be honest with ourselves about this too.  Defense gave up 43 points in regulation.  Hello people.  Does that not concern anyone?  or are we just used to that and hope to outscore?

Can you read? Does it look like everyone around here isn't worried about giving up 43 points and losing?

Hoggish1

Lets be honest with ourselves about this too.  Defense gave up 43 points in regulation.  Hello people.  Does that not concern anyone? 
[/quote]

Did you see Aggie give up 43 too? 

hehawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 23, 2017, 04:08:19 pm
Well, you lost me right there.  We are not a bad team and I suspect you know it but have an agenda.

Did you watch the game??????? Or the one 2 weeks ago????? Or the first game??? Get real man this is ridiculous!
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

HamSammich

Bahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahaha

Hahhahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

Snort snort

Hahhahahahahhaahhahaha

TheEnemy

Fact is we look very unprepared this season. 

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteLets be honest with ourselves about this too.  Defense gave up 43 points in regulation.  Hello people.  Does that not concern anyone?  or are we just used to that and hope to outscore?

Yeah, the DC that some people on here have mentioned as a replacement for CBB.

He faces a freshman QB who gets a little shook up to start the game with the Toliver pick and what does genius do?

Backs his defense off and plays a 3 man rush most of the game.

It was obvious that they needed to play various blitz stunts to confuse and further pressure the freshman.

Instead, as usual,  no killer instinct.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Snorts

D had 69 plays for just over 500 yards, 8 yards or so per snap (per the post game show).

Awful.  As bad or worse as last year.  Yeah, O Line is bad, kicking game is bad, but the D is absolutely putrid.  Again.

Fan1958

Quote from: wachhog on September 23, 2017, 04:07:44 pm
So old. So tired. So lame.

But yet the same crap is regurgitated over and over on this board.  Shouldna fired BP, shoulda hired Gruden (as if he wanted to coach at Arkansas), Chip Kelley is available, blah, blah, blah.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, 1-2 is not what most fans would call a good team.  A&M is not a strong team, but they just beat us.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.