Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Targeting

Started by Grunt, September 23, 2017, 03:35:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

Did the ref give back the touchdown A&M got cheated out of by reversing the targeting call? Long season for both teams?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

LRHawg

No but they started calling penalties differently in the second half than in the first.

boaron

I thought they were deciding whether to throw the guy out.  How was that not targeting?

Hogs run wild

i didn't think you could reverse the personal foul, the fact of targeting you could.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

010HogFan

Quote from: boaron on September 23, 2017, 04:01:26 pm
I thought they were deciding whether to throw the guy out.  How was that not targeting?

It wasn't. He hit him in the shoulder. There were some bad calls, but that one wasn't one of them. and if I'm not mistaken, the rule change this year made it to where if the targeting is reversed, the penalty yardage is also reversed.

HouSwine

There were many more make-up calls after the one against the aggies

hogpc

Just stop it! What a bunch of whiners.

johnny cash

Dude that was not targeting. He lead with shoulder. Ref's didn't beat us, a clueless dude on sideline did.

Rzbakfromwaybak

That was not targeting, or a personal foul. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

RebHog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on September 23, 2017, 04:24:46 pm
That was not targeting, or a personal foul.

This it was a good hit part of him/his gear hit the helmet but the target was clearly shoulder area.

seasonhog

Quote from: johnny cash on September 23, 2017, 04:22:03 pm
Dude that was not targeting. He lead with shoulder. Ref's didn't beat us, a clueless dude on sideline did.

Correct.........the Ref' gave us a chance to win, but BB ......got out coached.