Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What We Did Well...

Started by Tuskya, September 23, 2017, 03:32:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuskya

September 23, 2017, 03:32:17 pm Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:46:14 pm by Tuskya
I'm as disappointed as anyone, but we did do some things well...

Good mix up of offensive plays that turned into scores.
Good interception and followed with TD.
Good use of backup QB.
Quality runs by 3 backs.
Quality TE play.
Good defensive stops.
   Especially with 4 minutes to go in 3Q.
Good sacks.
Good chase down of Monds break away run led to FG only (shouldn’t have happened in the first place, I know)
Finally 2 good jet sweeps.
More rush yards against A&M than any other team.
28-24 with 1:53 left in 3Q
Good play by freshmen.
Led 28-24 going into 4Q.
Held them to FG early in 4Q.
Didn’t allow 2 point conversion.
Went up 3 with 2 point conversion.
Went up by 3 with TD @ 3:39 to go.
Held to FG with 8 seconds to go. Tied up with 4 seconds.
Add: Long passes to Nance also good.

jst01

We all get the positives. They are there. But what doesn't change is the decisions made every game that have HUGE implications, every single time.

Dominicanhog

hobhog

sickboy

Quote from: jst01 on September 23, 2017, 03:33:49 pm
We all get the positives. They are there. But what doesn't change is the decisions made every game that have HUGE implications, every single time.

This is where I'm at. It's frustrating. Because we do a lot of really good things. We just can't do them consistently and we can't seem to help from tripping over our own feet.

SemperFi

The negatives far out weigh any positive. I'm not into any moral victory talk and this sounds like we're trying to cover up another piss poor performance at the end of the game. The L's are far outnumbering the W's at this point.

.....fire BB
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Tuskya

I agree. We made huge, inexcusable mistakes such as give up big plays on D and on KO return.
However, we did some things well.

Tusks

I don't know how you can say those last 2 special teams plays werent horrendous.  That overshadows anything done well because they cost the hogs the game.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tuskya

My list of bad plays is long and I'm pretty upset, however, this team and its fans are going to have to learn to be positive. It's all we have at the moment!

TheRazorback500

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2017, 03:36:39 pm
Only 9 penalties.....
After 5 years, this should have been fixed. Just one of the many reasons he has to go.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Poker_hog

The best thing that happened today is we got one step closer to getting rid of a bad coach.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

majp51

Quote from: Tuskya on September 23, 2017, 03:32:17 pm

Err did you watch the same last drive? A&M completely mismanaged the play clock, or they played for OT, in either case it wasn't the D that held them

ICEman

We played well, at times, against Missouri and VaTech as well. One can play well to a 5 and 7 record.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Tuskya

Yes. I still fume, at times, about LATech, TCU, AU, MO, & VT last year. They make me furious.

This team needs good fans and the coach ain't going nowhere now. Learn to be positive or you and the team will be miserable all year. We got to get better!

hog911

Quote from: Tuskya on September 23, 2017, 03:32:17 pm

Good mix up of offensive plays that turned into scores.
Good interception and followed with TD.
Good use of backup QB.
Quality runs by 3 backs.
Quality TE play.
Good defensive stops.
   Especially with 4 minutes to go in 3Q.
Good sacks.
Good chase down of Monds break away run led to FG only (shouldn't have happened in the first place, I know)
Finally 2 good jet sweeps.
More rush yards against A&M than any other team.
28-24 with 1:53 left in 3Q
Good play by freshmen.
Led 28-24 going into 4Q.
Held them to FG early in 4Q.
Didn't allow 2 point conversion.
Went up 3 with 2 point conversion.
Went up by 3 with TD @ 3:39 to go.
Add: Long passes to Nance also good.
you lost me at but! It's deja vu for the the past three of four years. We did well enough to make sure no changes will occur on coaching staff or the AD dept, but not well enough to win. Hog fans have very short memories, they will forget as soon as we beat NM state next weekend! 

jst01

Quote from: Tuskya on September 23, 2017, 03:55:36 pm
Yes. I still fume, at times, about LATech, TCU, AU, MO, & VT last year. They make me furious.

This team needs good fans and the coach ain't going nowhere now. Learn to be positive or you and the team will be miserable all year. We got to get better!

I'm far from miserable. I will not be positive about this mess and it doesn't affect my life at all. I'm just one small voice that's fed up

sickboy

Quote from: ICEman on September 23, 2017, 03:50:34 pm
We played well, at times, against Missouri and VaTech as well. One can play well to a 5 and 7 record.

If we played well for entire games, this program would be in the upper half of the SEC.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Tuskya

I don't leave games early and I watch every play. I look for players to see how they do and I'm excited to see some great players do great things the rest of the year. Am I ticked about the game? Yep!

Pecos Hog

We lost.   nuff said.     There are no positives in that.   

Rzbakfromwaybak

We held them to 50 points ??
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

ballz2thewall

i get you, man.

i lost the case but i picked a great jury........
The rest of the frog.

Danny J

Quote from: sickboy on September 23, 2017, 04:09:47 pm
If we played well for entire games, this program would be in the upper half of the SEC.
No doubt...he is the definition of inconsistent. Sometimes it's from game to game and sometimes it's from half to half. It's frustrating to watch. I truly think we would be better to allow PR or DE finish the season and reassign Bret unless he agrees to a renegotiated buyout sometime tomorrow or Monday that allows him to finish the season. If he doesn't want to renegotiate then just reassign him come Monday.

GunnerHawg70

Two glaring mistakes or issues...
1. Christian Kirk - 3tds game changer
2. OL (right side)
3. No pressure on opponents QB (again)
4. Coaching staff playing conservative with lead...foot - throat and don't stop until 0:00 in the 4th qtr.