Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stupid play of the game, again involves the special teams

Started by Misty Mountain Hog, September 23, 2017, 03:12:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Misty Mountain Hog

How in the world do you pooch kick and give the aggies the ball at roughly mid field when all they need is a filed goal to tie.  I would have at the least, kicked the ball out of bounds. I understand not kicking to Kirk, but that was one of the dumbest things I have seen an Arkansas coach do. And as a season ticket holder for 35 years, I have seen lots of stupid.

titsonboar

hobhog

Years of special team breakdowns is the final 1000 straw.....

buldozer

CBB at one time personally coached the special teams. Not sure where this stands now, but special teams have been terrible his entire tenure.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Misty Mountain Hog on September 23, 2017, 03:12:46 pm
How in the world do you pooch kick and give the aggies the ball at roughly mid field when all they need is a filed goal to tie.  I would have at the least, kicked the ball out of bounds. I understand not kicking to Kirk, but that was one of the dumbest things I have seen an Arkansas coach do. And as a season ticket holder for 35 years, I have seen lots of stupid.

I agree with you but the problem with the pooch is not tackling the big galoof.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Misty Mountain Hog on September 23, 2017, 03:12:46 pm

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on September 23, 2017, 03:42:31 pm
Kick it out of bounds either time, we likely win

Well, that would have saved them about 10-20 seconds for their pffense.  Tackle the big dufus at the 32 and we likely would have had a better chance at winning.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 23, 2017, 04:14:09 pm

The problem was not putting it through the EZ so that everything else didn't matter. Make them drive it 75 yards rather than 50 yards.
Go Hogs Go!

TheEnemy

Even if you tackle him they are starting g where??  The 40?  Not where you want to the opposition to start when you only have a 3 point lead.

Stop kicking it high and towards the corner.....kick it out the back of the end zone or squib it to someone other than kirk.....both times.

TheEnemy

And dont waste good field position at the end of the 1st half

alohawg

Austin had Williams open briefly underneath crossing on that last play.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HouSwine

razorbackred1

ATU HOG

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc