Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't blame

Started by porkrindjimmy, September 23, 2017, 03:03:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

The players. Don't bash the players, Don't bash Austin Allen....They didn't quit, they played their hearts out..

This falls at the feet of the man wearing his Razorback underroo's shirt today calling himself the head coach. Out coached once again, mystifying clock management...inept coaching and confused looks, once again..he has been over his head since he got here and today he has finally got out over his ski's...it will be ugly from here on out. Sad day....

No woman, no cry....

PRJ

Bubba's Bruisers

Agree, and the buyout amount.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

farmhawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 23, 2017, 03:03:39 pm
The players. Don't bash the players, Don't bash Austin Allen....They didn't quit, they played their hearts out..

This falls at the feet of the man wearing his Razorback underroo's shirt today calling himself the head coach. Out coached once again, mystifying clock management...inept coaching and confused looks, once again..he has been over his head since he got here and today he has finally got out over his ski's...it will be ugly from here on out. Sad day....

No woman, no cry....

PRJ
Amen.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

MountieDawg

When did Coleman Tents become the official sponsor or the coaches appearal?
SEC!

HamSammich

No woman, no cry....

PRJ

I'll blame anyone I want to. May not post it here but I know what I saw. There is blame ALL TE WAY AROUND. Arkansans have turned into liberal nancys afraid to hurt feelings with truth. Sad

hoghearted

I feel bad for Austin. He is mentally broken. Too many hits last year
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

247Hog

No woman, no cry....

PRJ

Agreed. Players gave 100%
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Jimbob111

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 23, 2017, 03:05:30 pm
When did Coleman Tents become the official sponsor or the coaches appearal?

It looked like a big, gray moo-moo.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Granny fan

I just keep hoping JJ was honored enough today to help buyout CBB's contract!

ricepig

Quote from: 247Hog on September 23, 2017, 03:06:25 pm
Agreed. Players gave 100%

I figure the coaches were giving 100%, but sometimes 100% is good enough. There will be a change, the rest of the season will determine when it occurs.

007 License To Squeal

No woman, no cry....

PRJ

Agree 100%.....impressive fight by the players......BB failed them and the fans once again...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hobhog

It's pretty obvious where blame falls. And we can't do a damn thing about it.

Youngsta71701

I agree. This one wasn't on the players. They played their hearts out. The conservative coaching on defense loss is this game. Different alignment same scheme. Should have stopped the run first and forced the true freshman QB to beat us with tight throws all game.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Dark Helmet Hog

No woman, no cry....

PRJ

Agree completely. Bielema and Long should both go. if Long is allowed to replace Bielema, we will get another underachiever. It's inevitable. It's no coincidence either. It's the way White wanted to transform athletics and Long was his hire. Right now it's the gift that keeps on giving. Nothing will change until Long is gone too.

ishankem

Hog fans are tired of losing!!!!!!

hogpc

No woman, no cry....

PRJ
Plenty of blame to go around - no sense in giving the players a pass here.  The defense was awful, saw numerous bad throws, didn't stay in their gap on kickoff coverage, etc...

Letsroll1200

Those players played their butt off. Austin played tough all game. I'm proud of those players. All of us could see that a walk on lineman would struggle but they put this kid in a tough situation. Unfair to him and those other linemen.

JOKERHOG

No woman, no cry....

PRJ

Well said.  The end is finally close
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

pigroots

This team was coached well today! No turnovers in regulation...LOTS of good tweaks that worked....Conservative call before half but other than that a lot of mixture on offense that allowed us to score 43 pts. This game was won by the team with the most game breakers. We lack speed pure and simple. Our oline is good not great and came through late for the most part but has to improve to control the clock. A single play or call was the difference today. That's how close we are. We may never get there but we're not far off

revolution

jcharkansas

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 23, 2017, 03:07:52 pm
LOL yea it did, who wears a sweatshirt when it's 90 degrees outside anyway. You would think he might dress slightly more professional or at the very least, more like a football coach.

farmhawg

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 23, 2017, 03:07:52 pm
Whats wrong with moo-moos?!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: pigroots on September 23, 2017, 03:13:22 pm
This team was coached well today! No turnovers in regulation...LOTS of good tweaks that worked....Conservative call before half but other than that a lot of mixture on offense that allowed us to score 43 pts. This game was won by the team with the most game breakers. We lack speed pure and simple. Our oline is good not great and came through late for the most part but has to improve to control the clock. A single play or call was the difference today. That's how close we are. We may never get there but we're not far off

Drunk or sarcasm?

jcharkansas

Thats how close we are to moving up to 2nd worst in the west..?

pigroots

Justagp

No woman, no cry....

PRJ
Well said

Hawgphish

sub par recruiting years coming home to roost.  We have  total program decline.  We have average to below average talent, zero depth, revolving door coaching staff, and a nice dude with poor record as a head coach.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: pigroots on September 23, 2017, 03:16:38 pm
Which fact is wrong there?

Not even going to try but I'll start when you said well coached then leave it alone. Many more negatives than positives. Put the bong down.

Justagp

Quote from: hogpc on September 23, 2017, 03:12:30 pm
Plenty of blame to go around - no sense in giving the players a pass here.  The defense was awful, saw numerous bad throws, didn't stay in their gap on kickoff coverage, etc...
coaching issues

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:06:08 pm
I'll blame anyone I want to. May not post it here but I know what I saw. There is blame ALL TE WAY AROUND. Arkansans have turned into liberal nancys afraid to hurt feelings with truth. Sad

Lol....this is Bret Bielema's fault. And Jeff Longs....not a single players fault....

PRJ

razorbackred1

That's funny .....what do ya think - 5X?

wachhog

Quote from: hoghearted on September 23, 2017, 03:06:10 pm
Agreed. 
I think all the kids did their best. I appreciate their coming to Arkansas and putting on our uniform. And not is one of them got paid a million, let alone 4. Sad situation.

DeepFreeze

Played hard, still lost.

Not much to say after that.

porkrindjimmy

We are no longer close...today ended all that talk, all that belief...it is gone...poof...he is now in the ether, the abyss and it is going to be a long, ugly descent to the bottom....He is in over his head.

When you hear a coach, during an interview, tell us how involved he was in designing uniforms, you got the wrong guy. Bret is a nice guy, Bret is a marketer..he markets something very well...good spokesman which is why Long needs to see if Shamwow will take him as their new spokesman.... because he isn't a SEC coach.

PRJ

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

wachhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 23, 2017, 03:08:59 pm
I figure the coaches were giving 100%, but sometimes 100% is good enough. There will be a change, the rest of the season will determine when it occurs.
I agree. They tried. Bielema ball was never going to work at Arkansas. A savvy ad would have known that. I think the good assistants knew. That's why there was constant churn and each subsequent hire had a thinner resume.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 23, 2017, 03:25:01 pm
We are no longer close...today ended all that talk, all that belief...it is gone...poof...he is now in the ether, the abyss and it is going to be a long, ugly descent to the bottom....He is in over his head.

When you hear a coach, during an interview, tell us how involved he was in designing uniforms, you got the wrong guy. Bret is a nice guy, Bret is a marketer..he markets something very well...good spokesman which is why Long needs to see if Shamwow will take him as their new spokesman.... because he isn't a SEC coach.

PRJ

Good spokesman?  Good marketer?  Maybe he should be Jeff Long's replacement?  Tomorrow?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 23, 2017, 03:26:50 pm
Good spokesman?  Good marketer?  Maybe he should be Jeff Long's replacement?  Tomorrow?

No...he doesn't need to be AD here. Again, Shamwow or Flexseal...he would kill those gigs...

They seem like fun gigs, not nearly as heavy as this gig.

PRJ

Hogs-n-Roses

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HamSammich

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 23, 2017, 03:19:19 pm
Lol....this is Bret Bielema's fault. And Jeff Longs....not a single players fault....

PRJ

You are behind the eightball. I know that I know this better than you because you put CBB in the same class as long. This is longs disaster. This is longs albatross.

Some players on the field quit. Some players have not progressed at all and I don't think they have tried.

Players get a free education that I paid 70k for. Players are royalty in nwa.  I'll blame who I want when I want. Because they are mostly grown ass men as I am. I don't coddle or hide from truth.

I get this board protects its royalty. So I respect that and don't speak the truth here. But I'm my private life I say what I say. So try another "we fought so hard" tear jerking thread. Lol

MrKlem10

Dude has cte

STLHogFan

BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:49:18 pm
You are behind the eightball. I know that I know this better than you because you put CBB in the same class as long. This is longs disaster. This is longs albatross.

Some players on the field quit. Some players have not progressed at all and I don't think they have tried.

Players get a free education that I paid 70k for. Players are royalty in nwa.  I'll blame who I want when I want. Because they are mostly grown ass men as I am. I don't coddle or hide from truth.

I get this board protects its royalty. So I respect that and don't speak the truth here. But I'm my private life I say what I say. So try another "we fought so hard" tear jerking thread. Lol

You Honest to God think I start tear jerking threads....LOL.

PRJ

Hoggish1

No woman, no cry....

PRJ

If you want mystifying clock management try aTm.  And no, it won't get ugly from here on out...  It gets easier till Bama and after...

longtimeHogfan

Clock management at the half was pure hootie.  Or Les.   ???
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Wildhog

I was proud of the effort.  We're just not very good.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 23, 2017, 03:58:01 pm
If you want mystifying clock management try aTm.  And no, it won't get ugly from here on out...  It gets easier till Bama and after...

I ain't talking about games. Wait and see...it is going to get harder for Bret and Long from here on out. It will not be a pretty situation.

PRJ

Justagp

I do too - he's had no o-line for the past two years. He's lost confidence.

HardCore

Please Nebraska!  Hire both Long and Bielema.....they need back in the Big 10 where they belong. 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)