Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is exactly why us and the players are frustrated

Started by bigpigpimpin, September 23, 2017, 12:39:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

No guts to try and go score at the end of the half. Look at the players react to the timeout.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 23, 2017, 12:39:18 pm
No guts to try and go score at the end of the half. Look at the players react to the timeout.
Agree completely.  You get great field position, then do nothing to try to get any points whatsoever, it could be a huge swing and morale buster if you score there, then score again after the half.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

BartIV

I was very confused about that especially that screen pass. Very odd.

Al Boarland

Does AA really have to complain after every play that doesn't work out?

PorkRinds

TheEnemy

HogNiner12

The coach has zero nuts and he needs to be canned!! We will lose this game because he just showed no faith in our players!!! And they expect people to pay money to see this??

(notOM)Rebel123

Why didn't Sumlin call timeout before the 3rd down play?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

razorsharptusk

GO HOGS!!

BartIV

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 23, 2017, 12:42:46 pm
Battle of the minds between these two. Pretty ugly.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 23, 2017, 12:41:01 pm

Can you just shut up.  Probably not. So that is your answer to the question you asked. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Kevin

it is a race to the qb every time we try to pass. no need in a bad turnover there. we get the ball to start the half
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BartIV on September 23, 2017, 12:45:03 pm
Battle of the minds between these two. Pretty ugly.

Not exactly Bobby Fischer vs. Boris Spassky.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 23, 2017, 12:46:29 pm
Can you just shut up.  Probably not. So that is your answer to the question you asked. 
why don't you just shut up!

--Knute Rockne

(notOM)Rebel123

Do you have to complain about AA's complaining?  ;)

Hogwild

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 23, 2017, 12:42:46 pm

Because we had really good field position

TrueBlue

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 23, 2017, 12:46:29 pm

The love for AA on Hogville is completely confusing to me. Almost as confusing as AA looks on every pass play this season. Dude has NO confidence right now.

AirWarren

Hawgphish

They need to get that stopped.  Acting like a brat. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 23, 2017, 12:50:24 pm
The love for AA on Hogville is completely confusing to me. Almost as confusing as AA looks on every pass play this season. Dude has NO confidence right now.

And who do you think is the cause of that?  Maybe a coach that has no confidence in his self and a offensive line coach that is getting a free check? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TrueBlue

Quote from: AP85 on September 23, 2017, 12:51:54 pm
Austin Allen. Problem.

Run the rest of the game with Chase in the Wildcat or Kelly in as QB. It would give us a better chance.

TrueBlue

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 23, 2017, 12:53:13 pm
And who do you think is the cause of that?  Maybe a coach that has no confidence in his self and a offensive line coach that is getting a free check? 

No a kid that looks like a statue on every play or gets happy feet and takes SACKS when there is no reason to take a sack. Get over your AA love.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 23, 2017, 12:53:56 pm
Run the rest of the game with Chase in the Wildcat or Kelly in as QB. It would give us a better chance.
I've been pulling for AA to have a monster game but I'm agreeing with you and that's not good when you have an All-SEC 5th year senior as your QB...  ::)

RedRazorHog

Hot Mess... he costs us ...

--Knute Rockne

TheEnemy

Quote from: Kevin on September 23, 2017, 12:46:41 pm
it is a race to the qb every time we try to pass. no need in a bad turnover there. we get the ball to start the half

Actually the protection improved alot when they took Clary out.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 23, 2017, 12:54:54 pm
No a kid that looks like a statue on every play or gets happy feet and takes SACKS when there is no reason to take a sack. Get over your AA love.
Amen Hallelujah Brother!   

--Knute Rockne

BallHog1

What confuses me is grown men judging kids who are actually on the field seeing a lot more about what is and isn't happening on the field.
I suspect a lot of these grown men either never played or only had the point of view provided by the bench on the sideline or in the stands.

Sumlin didn't call he because he has a bunch of freshmen he doesn't want the pressure on.  BB didn't call time out because he doesn't trust his team and he knows he hasn't  prepared them for it.

welchog

livevanguy

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 23, 2017, 12:53:56 pm
Agreed. Kelly gives some new energy when he is on the field. Give the young (and big) kid a chance.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

HognotinMemphis

ZERO confidence in converting 3rd and 5 at end of half. Calling timeout with 45 sec left and ball near midfield makes all sense in the world yet we do not do it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 12247 on September 23, 2017, 01:01:28 pm
Sumlin didn't call he because he has a bunch of freshmen he doesn't want the pressure on.  BB didn't call time out because he doesn't trust his team and he knows he hasn't  prepared them for it.

So basically the same reason for both.

hogcrazy2206

I am sick of whining Senior leader on the field.  Quit making excuses and get 1st downs............

hogcrazy2206

hogcrazy2206

Why is he still the quarterback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't see him blaming everyone else on that throw...................................
Fire Bielema and take Austin Allen with him since he loves him sooooo much

justasportsfan

All this is true, but what about giving up 50 points?  Im not a fan of AA, I feel for the kid though. CBB could give his QB some help with some DEFENSE

davglo35

I will never bash a player...ever! Bielema is the head coach. This is his fault and it's Long's fault that it's Bielema's fault!

hogpc

Quote from: davglo35 on September 23, 2017, 03:19:19 pm
I will never bash a player...ever! Bielema is the head coach. This is his fault and it's Long's fault that it's Bielema's fault!
Accurately describing any players play is not bashing.

TrueBlue

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 23, 2017, 01:00:19 pm
What confuses me is grown men judging kids who are actually on the field seeing a lot more about what is and isn't happening on the field.
I suspect a lot of these grown men either never played or only had the point of view provided by the bench on the sideline or in the stands.

Now what Einstein?

MaconBacon

After the 3rd or 4th sack, better plan to roll in every play. I don't think he got the memo

Atlhogfan1

The first down failure dictated the rest. AM had 3 timeouts left.  We were going to run on second down in that situation.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tuskya

I agree. I'm totally frustrated with the lack of urgency at the end of the half. No excuse to let the clock go. We had a great KO return. I'm also frustrated with the sacks -ridiculous, but we got better.
On the other hand, we scored 43 points against Chavis in regulation! Not bad!